Who has the most pins in their home ? Let's see em

Started 2 years ago by ctozzi in forum All PinballAll Pinball.


Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Who has the most pins in their home ? Let's see em


Topic summary

  • Started 2 years ago by ctozzi
  • 43 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from bluevegas

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs





Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!



    2 years ago
    #

    As we all know you can never have enough machines at home. I'd like to see those of you who have a larger collection and how you have used your space in your home. I have 3 and could probably fit another 7-9 in my garages but I'm scared that the 100+ degree heat in the Las Vegas summers will do damage to any new games I add. My wife gave me the go ahead to use our garage as a full out gameroom if I wanted to so maybe if anyone has a " garage arcade " I can see it.


    dung

    Pinball addict
    1,382,100 2
    2 years ago
    #

    Pretty sure a lot of the folks who have large collections are not listing them for obvious reasons. I know of two pinsiders with pretty nice collections that refuse to list.


    2 years ago
    #
    dung said:

    Pretty sure a lot of the folks who have large collections are not listing them for obvious reasons

    Paranoid ? Can you list the other obvious reasons ?

    Jim


    2 years ago
    #

    I agree! Listing 80 plus pinball machines is a bad idea (Hi buddy from GA)!

    Hell, when I was setting up the Iowa Pinball Clubs website "members list", I made sure you could join, without the use of last names posted!

    I'm hoping someone with 80+ games becomes my buddy in Iowa!

    -Aaron


    2 years ago
    #

    Ctozzi, There is also a sticky thread with tons of game room pictures. Some of those pictures should provide good starting ideas for how to design/decorate your game room.


    2 years ago
    #
    ctozzi said:

    if anyone has a " garage arcade " I can see it.

    here is our garage
    » YouTube video


    2 years ago
    #

    Nice pin row blue, and nice setup too!


    2 years ago
    #

    Wow! That is great blue!!


    2 years ago
    #

    My guess is the the person with the most pins in their home is a confirmed bachelor/bachelorette.


    2 years ago
    #

    Awesome setup Blue!


    2 years ago
    #

    Hey bluevegas, I'll have a Blue Moon - LOL! Very nice setup, man.


    2 years ago
    #

    There are some collectors with literally hundreds of pins all set up and ready to play. Wish I was friends with one of them.


    2 years ago
    #

    I've got some gameroom pics in my profile, and happily married for many years (somehow).


    2 years ago
    #

    Thanks everyone!


    2 years ago
    #

    Why would anyone be afraid to list their games here? That doesn't make sense. I only have 20 pins. My game room holds 18 pins, a pinball fx converted machine with pinball like controller, a hyper pin I built, 4 Xbox 360 Xbox live stations, a mame cabinet, and 4 rush racers converted to Xbox 360 so we can play four player hot pursuit. Oh, and an air hockey. I have get togethers every other Friday afternoon and if some local Portland area pinsiders wanted to come I wouldn't be too upset. What's the big deal?

    As for your garage, I would not operate the games in 100 degree weather. Perhaps insulate and temp controller it first. I had to zone heat my furnace so I could keep my game room at a cool 68 degrees even when all machines are on. (My electric bill runs $450-550 a month).


    2 years ago
    #

    Wow bluevegas, what a great gameroom. Wish you were in LA instead of CA. Nice variety, and well organized. Thanks for sharing this w/ us.


    2 years ago
    #
    Pinball-is-great said:

    Wish you were in LA instead of CA.

    Well if your ever in the area during Halloween, we throw an awesome party!


    2 years ago
    #

    bluevegas you have a very nice gameroom there (should i say garageroom).
    like the colors, layout, neons, phoneboot is awesome, congrats very well done!


    2 years ago
    #

    Thanks beatmaster!


    2 years ago
    #

    Along with the pins in the game room, we also have 3 inside the house with WOZ on the way. Two of the pins however are not mine. One of the members in our local pinball group has somewhere around 60 games all through his house. Its always nice going to his place to play a variety of games.


    2 years ago
    #
    dung said:

    Pretty sure a lot of the folks who have large collections are not listing them for obvious reasons. I know of two pinsiders with pretty nice collections that refuse to list.

    What's the harm in listing them? Nobody is asking for an address and list of times we can expect them not to be home(wouldn't be a bad idea though).


    2 years ago
    #

    Ryan, I gotta get my ass in gear so I can show my wife the potential in our garage. All you need in that room is a toilet, and a bed to sleep on. Sweet setup man !


    2 years ago
    #
    ctozzi said:

    Ryan, I gotta get my ass in gear so I can show my wife the potential in our garage. All you need in that room is a toilet, and a bed to sleep on. Sweet setup man !

    Thanks! Right above the garage is a guest room, that my wife and I have talked about expanding the game room into. We wanted to put in a spiral staircase from the room to the garage. More room for pins!


    2 years ago
    #

    Hey Bluevegas, love your phone booth. Do you have it hooked up?


    2 years ago
    #
    bluevegas said:

    Thanks everyone!

    Very cool Blue! I like the Raiders signs up on the walls, your alright in book. Nice pin line-up too.


    2 years ago
    #

    If you ever make make it out here shoot me a message so you can come by and help me design mine. I'm joking, seriously that's one ridiculous setup and my wife agreed. She said " wow I could see that as a man room for ya ".


    2 years ago
    #
    Honch said:

    Hey Bluevegas, love your phone booth. Do you have it hooked up?

    Yes, it has been converted to hook up to my home line.


    2 years ago
    #

    Very awesome Bluevegas!

    Those outdoor phonebooths are still very hard to find! I find once in awhile the smaller indoor ones but the outdoor it's where it's at! Does yours light up when you close the door?


    2 years ago
    #
    Schusler said:

    Very awesome Bluevegas!
    Those outdoor phonebooths are still very hard to find! I find once in awhile the smaller indoor ones but the outdoor it's where it's at! Does yours light up when you close the door?

    Unfortunately the lights did not work so I just put some rope lighting in it. It took me a long time to find one that still had the door, and that was still in good shape. The biggest pain in the ass was removing the payphone that came with it as it had no keys. They are bolted to the booth from the inside. After breaking a few crow bars I finally got my buddy over with a torch. That did the job Once we got it open it was a bonus to find $70 in change in the bank.


    2 years ago
    #

    If you don't mind me asking, where did you obtain yours?

    I've been on/off looking for an old Illinois Bell one; I swear they must have destroyed all of them!


    2 years ago
    #

    craigslist! It was in an old tow yard of all places. It needed a really good cleaning but it was exactly what I had been searching for. Even still had the phone book holder attached.


    2 years ago
    #

    Great room, blue! I found the same phone and then the stainless steel base with the lighted top. It always surprises people when it actually rings. I also just got Scared Stiff! I know Elvira so it's signed. It was my main want right after AFM. If I had a room like yours...I'd never leave...


    2 years ago
    #
    spfxted said:

    Great room, blue! I found the same phone and then the stainless steel base with the lighted top. It always surprises people when it actually rings. I also just got Scared Stiff! I know Elvira so it's signed. It was my main want right after AFM. If I had a room like yours...I'd never leave...

    Awesome! I need to get to one of those shows and have her sign something. Cool phone! Yeah same here when it rings, people don't expect that it actually works lol. We have a separate line just for Brager's Pub (our name for our game room which is our last name). It only rings when we are having a party since that is the # we give out.


    2 years ago
    #

    Yeah, she's usually at the Chiller Theatre Convention. In New Jersey...a bit far for you, but if you make it here, come as my guest! I just got the Deluxe Eyeball Plunger...can't wait to have it installed on Thurs!


    2 years ago
    #

    Why are people afraid to list their pins?
    Has there ever been a case of a stolen pinball collection?
    I'm probably wrong but pinball machines, to me, sound way too heavy to steal and difficult to
    sell without drawing attention to yourself.


    2 years ago
    #
    spfxted said:

    Yeah, she's usually at the Chiller Theatre Convention. In New Jersey...a bit far for you, but if you make it here, come as my guest! I just got the Deluxe Eyeball Plunger...can't wait to have it installed on Thurs!

    Thanks for the invite! Same goes for you. If your ever in my area let me know.


    PINBELL

    Pinball master
    3,467,650 4
    2 years ago
    #

    Most thieves are too lazy to steal a pinball machine! However, they would tear up hell to get a few quarters out of one!!!


    2 years ago
    #
    PINBELL said:

    Most thieves are too lazy to steal a pinball machine! However, they would tear up hell to get a few quarters out of one!!!

    That's true, but they probably wouldn't be lurking pinball forums to scope out a possible quarter bounty.


    PINBELL

    Pinball master
    3,467,650 4
    2 years ago
    #

    If I was lurking, I'd be on an art or antique car forum! Something small or drivable.


    2 years ago
    #

    Blue, you have mastered the art of space utilization. I can't believe the sweet ass setup you have in a relatively modest space. Made me somewhat envious.


    PINBELL

    Pinball master
    3,467,650 4
    2 years ago
    #

    Seriously though, that's why I can't have my "dream" game room. I collect vintage guitars and amps, and other antiques, but there is no way I would put these out on display!


    2 years ago
    #
    bigdaddy07 said:

    Blue, you have mastered the art of space utilization. I can't believe the sweet ass setup you have in a relatively modest space. Made me somewhat envious.

    Thanks bigdaddy!


    2 years ago
    #
    bluevegas said:

    ctozzi said:if anyone has a " garage arcade " I can see it.
    here is our garage
    ยป YouTube video

    Thats an awsome set up you have there, the phone booth is the best I have been after one of those myself for ages, you have inspired my to look a bit harder. Great ulilisation of space.


    2 years ago
    #

    Yeah, I'd like to have one for the outside patio!


    2 years ago
    #
    nasco62 said:

    Thats an awsome set up you have there, the phone booth is the best I have been after one of those myself for ages, you have inspired my to look a bit harder. Great ulilisation of space.

    Thanks nasco! I am very lucky that my wife is so cool that she allowed me to take over the whole garage lol. She has been very supportive of my addiction.


    2 years ago
    #

    I have 3, thought I would want a lot more
    But now that I have 3, I think I am good
    They start filling up the basement quickly


    2 years ago
    #
    markmon said:

    Why would anyone be afraid to list their games here? That doesn't make sense. I only have 20 pins. My game room holds 18 pins, a pinball fx converted machine with pinball like controller, a hyper pin I built, 4 Xbox 360 Xbox live stations, a mame cabinet, and 4 rush racers converted to Xbox 360 so we can play four player hot pursuit. Oh, and an air hockey. I have get togethers every other Friday afternoon and if some local Portland area pinsiders wanted to come I wouldn't be too upset. What's the big deal?

    As for your garage, I would not operate the games in 100 degree weather. Perhaps insulate and temp controller it first. I had to zone heat my furnace so I could keep my game room at a cool 68 degrees even when all machines are on. (My electric bill runs $450-550 a month).

    Noticed your location is listed as unknown

    Seriously tho, I'm in Corvallis and would love to take you up on the offer next time I'm up that way


    2 years ago
    #
    ctozzi said:

    As we all know you can never have enough machines at home. I'd like to see those of you who have a larger collection and how you have used your space in your home. I have 3 and could probably fit another 7-9 in my garages but I'm scared that the 100+ degree heat in the Las Vegas summers will do damage to any new games I add. My wife gave me the go ahead to use our garage as a full out gameroom if I wanted to so maybe if anyone has a " garage arcade " I can see it.

    I don't have any newer pics of my house (gameroom)...:-) but there is a video on my website http://www.pinballpainting.com of a pinball party we had here.
    Oh and have been married for 28 years...and we are both into pinball so no bachelorette/ bachelor here.

    Phoebe


    2 years ago
    #

    Thanks for sharing, sweet setup !


    2 years ago
    #
    Butterflygirl24 said:

    I don't have any newer pics of my house (gameroom)...:-) but there is a video on my website http://www.pinballpainting.com of a pinball party we had here.
    Oh and have been married for 28 years...and we are both into pinball so no bachelorette/ bachelor here.

    Awesome setup Phoebe! Great looking room!



Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.





© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple