(Topic ID: 52465)

Who has a Big Buck Hunter and has spent time playing it.

By scottc

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by trimoto
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BBHlineup-facingCC.jpg
BBHline-up.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3318_(800x533).jpg
IMG_3337_(800x533).jpg
IMG_3355_(800x533).jpg
IMG_3354_(800x533).jpg
#1 10 years ago

I recently picked up a very nice but dirty BBH. It is next in line for a super shop job. It will be totally dissassembled and cleaned in out under and above. I am going to put it in the lineup and want to hear opinions from those whom have had this pin in your line-up. For some crazy reason the theme and partial rarity of the pin reminds me of CC.

Its got to be better then IJ4 which I owned and tried to like.....
Which has higher production IJ4 or BBH

Thanks for the opinions!

#2 10 years ago

I had it. It's pretty fun. I didn't love it though so ended up selling it.

#3 10 years ago

Abacusman (our official spokeman for BBH) where are you???
BBH seems fun. Under-rated sterns can be great deals. Love my WPT, WoF is fine... enjoy it and ignore the bashers.

#4 10 years ago

BBH is a great game! Everyone needs a BBH sitting right next to their Fish Tales.

Music, theme, play, humour, depth... its got it all!

#5 10 years ago

I bought a BBH a year ago and I love it! I wouldn't sell it. I added some mods and powder coated it. LED the unit and threw in pinball side mirrors. Looks amazing and play is fun. Now it's not for people who want to slam the machine and score 15 million and slap the flippers so hard until their hand print is left behind. However, for a basic pinball player like me. Its all good!

#6 10 years ago

It's a fun game. Owned one for a couple years. Build quality is poor, but gameplay is simple fun and addicting. Take the elk figure off the elk flipper for a better experience.

#7 10 years ago

My best friend has BBH in his lineup and I spent a good amount of time on it two nights ago. It was my first time really putting any thought into the game. I had a lot of fun and definitely will be playing it again. The buck switch sensitivity sucks. Not sure if this can be adjusted better or if it is how the game just works. That said, I still want to play more!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

My best friend has BBH in his lineup and I spent a good amount of time on it two nights ago. It was my first time really putting any thought into the game. I had a lot of fun and definitely will be playing it again. The buck switch sensitivity sucks. Not sure if this can be adjusted better or if it is how the game just works. That said, I still want to play more!

That's as good as the switch gets...I did the washer fix on that one while I owned it. You should have played it before the fix, you had to bash that thing right in the front portion of the buck to get it to register.

As it is, I thought it was working great other than it was a little difficult to hit it right when it was in the far left position. If it registered every little tap I don't think that would feel right either.

But yeah, great game. I'll definitely pick up another down the road....I've actually been missing that one lately.

#9 10 years ago

I've played the game at a Billiard's, but never have bought the game.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I bought a BBH a year ago and I love it! I wouldn't sell it. I added some mods and powder coated it. LED the unit and threw in pinball side mirrors. Looks amazing and play is fun. Now it's not for people who want to slam the machine and score 15 million and slap the flippers so hard until their hand print is left behind. However, for a basic pinball player like me. Its all good!

Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's a fun game. Owned one for a couple years. Build quality is poor, but gameplay is simple fun and addicting. Take the elk figure off the elk flipper for a better experience.

The three of us have owned the same BBH.

I liked the pin quite a bit! Challenging. Big time challenging! Short ball times. The pin can kick your butt. I really liked the challenge, the moving buck, and some of the sound effects with the shotgun were excellent, especially as you progressed with the bird MBs.

I agree with SKB though, the feel/quality isn't as good as what Stern is releasing more recently. Similar quality feel (or lack thereof) as IM (a pin that I love).

Definitely a great bang for the buck pin!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The three of us have owned the same BBH.
I liked the pin quite a bit! Challenging. Big time challenging! Short ball times. The pin can kick your butt. I really liked the challenge, the moving buck, and some of the sound effects with the shotgun were excellent, especially as you progressed with the bird MBs.
I agree with SKB though, the feel/quality isn't as good as what Stern is releasing more recently. Similar quality feel (or lack thereof) as IM (a pin that I love).
Definitely a great bang for the buck pin!

Yes but the BUCK STOPS here! LOL

#12 10 years ago

It's one of the many underrated Stern's from the last 10 years. It's not an A title or anything, but it's a good game at a great price.

#13 10 years ago

I've played it a lot on location and think it is good value for the money in today's market. A clever, straightforward game with a good sense of humor. This is not an easy pin. I'm not a hunter, so the theme doesn't resonate with me; but I don't dislike it either. The build quality reflects Stern's "stripped down" era. But like wpdvideo said, this is not a frenzy game that you are going to beat the daylights out of anyway. I think it is a good buy unless it is going to be your only pin.

#14 10 years ago

I've owned one for years.... it is the only game my wife will not let me sell. I've yet to hear a negative comment on game play, and while theme is subjective, it has a nice smattering of humor, short ball times, and a good layout.

#15 10 years ago

I got a nice BBH two weeks ago and really enjoy it. The Pappy quotes take me back to Walter Brennan as Grandpa on the Real McCoys. I cant stop playing this game, and I have all of the top ten+. The play is a gas trying to shoot for the deer hiding and looking to get picked off if your lucky. The sayings arr some of the best in modern day pinball IMHO, including:
1.Kill 'em and Grill 'em
2.Holy Suffering cats
3.Reload
4.Thats some high fallutin' shootin'
5. Just because I am old doesn't make me a kook
6.I may be older than dirt, but I am still scrappy
7. Get off my property
8.Jumpin Jehosephax
9.Where's my jug?
10. Your just the tall hog at the trough
11.You yellow belly sap sucker

This game takes me back to times with the boys in the woods with our guns. Hitting bird multi ball five times in a row and hearing the shotgun effect each time is really neat. Skill shot saber cat call out sound effect is nice also. Love this game, but the left flipper shot is limited. The ramp design is way cool and reflective of computer aide device to get the form and flow. My BBH is built solid and commands the most time. Love the theme....."kill 'em and grill 'em". Classic.

#16 10 years ago

Yuck!...... never found love enough to buy one...

Did less than nothing for me, but different strokes

I call it Big Butt Humper

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Is that supposed to be derogatory?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Yuck!...... never found love enough to buy one...
Did less than nothing for me, but different strokes

Not sure why you are chiming in your negativity when the thread clearly asks responses from those who have this pinball. Your comment started you do not have this pinball machine. In the future, please find some other thread and other pinball machine dis on a different less positive thread. Or better yet, you can start your own thread on folks who don't like BBH. That works too!

#19 10 years ago

That game always kicked my ass. I didn't like paying for it, but I don't mind playing it for free.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Not sure why you are chiming in your negativity

A few others that do not own BBH but have played have "Chimed in" on this post, why are you not calling them out?

#21 10 years ago

So, now I am curious. What are they selling for typically?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Not sure why you are chiming in your negativity when the thread clearly asks responses from those who have this pinball. Your comment started you do not have this pinball machine. In the future, please find some other thread and other pinball machine dis on a different less positive thread. Or better yet, you can start your own thread on folks who don't like BBH. That works too!

First off, who are you and where did you come from....

Secondly, I have played BBH'er to death and am voicing an opinion...

I have played it SOOOO much trying to like it, I by proxy should have added it to my history list !

I didn't say it should be lit on fire, crushed by a cement truck, or thrown off the roof at TNT Amusements....

settle down, have a shot of Jack, and live life for the moment....

And get some Karma points before bossing the veterans around .....

#23 10 years ago

they range from low 3s for routed up to 4k HUO. I have a Beautiful HUO I could trade to someone local. I love the game but the theme is not great for me and I have 3 sterns in a 5 game collection. Everyone that comes over loves playing it. Great game for non pinheads you want to get into Pins. Games I am after: creech, Congo, SST, RS, ES, WW. If you have any of these to trade toward let me know...

Mike

#24 10 years ago

$4500 and I would sell my HUO.

I hear 'don't have a license for does' and 'don't you like women' way too often. Left outlane is brutal.
Not being able to cycle inlane lights is kind of odd for Elk, but I guess that would make it too easy to get. I call the ram the f-ing ram when he hits it down the middle. Yeah, I need to play better.
I like the silly humor and wished they would have taken it much further, but I enjoy it for what it is.

Theme does nothing for me, so wouldn't be sad to see it go.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

they range from low 3s for routed up to 4k HUO. I have a Besutiful HUO I could trade to someone local. I love the game but the theme is not great for me and I have 3 sterns in a 5 game collection. Everyone that comes over loves playing it. Great game for no pinheads you want to get into Pins. Games I am after: creech, Congo, SST, RS, ES, WW. If you have any of these to trade toward let me know...
Mike

I love the game and all, but no one in their right mind is paying, or giving up in value, $4k for a BBH.

#26 10 years ago

I like BBH very much but I am in the far Southwestern part of Va, theme fits good and I cant wait to rearrange and move NASCAR-Dale Jr and Fishtales so I have all the outdoor country theme pins along with Pistol Poker I have all 4 "redneck" editions pins. The pin earns well and I sold several of these new in box, even The Banker got one from me. The Banker did such a good job with LED's I made a purchase with Chris near Cleveland to get a HUO BBH back as all mine had been sold. I like the pin that much to sell my one of my route ones to get a nice HUO back. Stern still made these up to 2012 so somebody kept buying them as I have had some with 2010 and 2011. Here some pics of it in my lineup. I think its a great buy at 3600 even 4k with LED's

IMG_3354_(800x533).jpgIMG_3354_(800x533).jpg IMG_3355_(800x533).jpgIMG_3355_(800x533).jpg IMG_3337_(800x533).jpgIMG_3337_(800x533).jpg IMG_3318_(800x533).jpgIMG_3318_(800x533).jpg

#27 10 years ago

BBH is always fun. Needed LEDs , which changed immediately everyone's first impression. Humor ,quick ball times, call outs, adds a welcome variety to any collection.

#28 10 years ago

I have been looking for my BBH. I have set my budget to $3000 max $3300-$3400-with shipping. I have found some at $3200-but shipping killed the deal. I will get my BBH for my price eventually. I will not pay over $3400-regardless of condition. If anyone has one near Denver for good price-hit me up.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I like BBH very much but I am in the far Southwestern part of Va, theme fits good and I cant wait to rearrange and move Nascar-Dale Jr and Fishtales so I have all the outdoor country theme pins along with Pistol Poker I have all 4 "redneck" editions pins. The pin earns well and I sold several of these new in box, even The Banker got one from me. The Banker did such a good job with LED's I made a purchase with Chris near Cleveland to get a HUO BBH back as all mine had been sold. I like the pin that much to sell my one of my route ones to get a nice HUO back. Stern still made these up to 2012 so somebody kept buying them as I have had some with 2010 and 2011. Here some pics of it in my lineup. I think its a great buy at 3600 even 4k with LED's

Wow good to see the 'ol girl. Glad it is in good hands. BBH, IM and NBA are the trio that propped up pinball on deaths door. All three have a simple charm that harken back to pinballs roots and seem to tie different eras together after the complex B/W titles. IM is way better gameplay, though BBH was a hoot. Use it well the war machine kicker is awesome

Mk

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

What mods did you add? Just curious what's out there

#31 10 years ago

Here's mine

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#32 10 years ago

Time to shop mine! I love the open playfield and cant wait to spend time on it once its done!

#33 10 years ago

It's fun! Very difficult. Hard to keep control of the ball. I've been playing mine a bunch & really enjoy it. People new to pinball really seem to like it as well.
The moving Elk that travels across the play field on many pins doesn't seem to register hits, unless it is hit hard. That has not been my experience. Mine works perfectly. The gentleman I bought it from (mjpinballs) said he had just adjusted it. He did not use the washer mod. You might want to contact him.
Have fun watch out for that ram! "That ram don't take to shinny things!" Pappy

#35 10 years ago

For the original question of which one sold more, IJ4 or BBH, both of these sold a lot more to route operators than directly to the home (which was true of all games released until IM from what I have been able to tell, after IM that changed), but from what I understand, IJ4 sold well enough that it cut into BDKs production numbers. I have also been told that IJ4 earns like a monster on route.

I know that around here, the BBH machines do well. I'd like one eventually for a bit, but it's not a high priority. I missed a routed one for $2500 'cause I couldn't find it a ride, and it hung around at that price publicly for about three months not that long ago.

#36 10 years ago

Where is Abacusman? He must be seriously ill not to be in this thread yet!!!

I really like BBH. I need more time on it though (and not in a routed setting) before I would rate it and say whether I would keep one in my collection or not.

#37 10 years ago

I own a BBH for around 6 months and really like it. It is fun, easy to understand, not too deep rulesheet but still hard to beat, really like the moving buck. It is played almost as much as ACDC in my collection.

Should get more love as it is a real solid machine.

1 week later
#38 10 years ago

I have the utmost respect and fun with BBH. Here are some more call-outs that keep me listening and playing for more, and more....
A. That rams as stubborn as Mom
B. Are you off your rocker?
C. Even an old foggy could shoot those birds
D. I'll use those feathers for my pillow
E. That cow can poop points out fast enough
F. She shot a hole in my underbrtitches
G. We give those to Granny (after winning critters/road-kill)
H. No point in aiming, just shoot (pheasant multi-ball)
I. Don't get your feathers ruffled
J.Methane Madness
K.You ain't from around here, are you?

BBHline-up.jpgBBHline-up.jpg

#39 10 years ago

My BBH sits across from the El Dorado and CC. Not sure if BBH is similar to CC...no John Wayne voice imitations.....

The Daisy May next the Frontiersman, down the line, have the similar hunting backwoods theme as the BBH, but just a mere half century, prior. All good.

BBHlineup-facingCC.jpgBBHlineup-facingCC.jpg

#40 10 years ago

All right, all right.. I am convinced...
Now on my wish list and I posted a wanted add in our local forum (no point posting it here... transport would kill the best of all deals)

5 months later
#41 10 years ago

I keep playing my BBH. It is the only game here in Studio G, and the rest of the house, where the game is the Grand Champion-after the code update. (Hate that guy/gal GS at 75,000,000) That fact alone keeps me coming back for more, but in addition, it demonstrates to me the difficulty of the game. Bird multi-ball is one of my favorite multi-balls. Last night I hit "Super Duper Jackpot" I never hit that before on any machine, and coming from Pappy's voice it hit home and put a new smile on my face, enough to get off my butt and write this update to BBH, one heck of a tough game.

BTW: the LED light changing panel really makes the backbox with the colored 12-Point Buck just shine magnificently in the darkened room. Just a sweet game from looks to difficult mastering. When are they going to offer the Limited Edition?

""Super Duper Jackpot""......anyone hit that on Bird Mulit-ball?

#42 10 years ago

I would like to own one. We have fun playing the Big Buck HD hunting game and I like the theme. It would be a nice addition to our game room.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I got a nice BBH two weeks ago and really enjoy it. The Pappy quotes take me back to Walter Brennan as Grandpa on the Real McCoys. I cant stop playing this game, and I have all of the top ten+. The play is a gas trying to shoot for the deer hiding and looking to get picked off if your lucky. The sayings arr some of the best in modern day pinball IMHO, including:
1.Kill 'em and Grill 'em
2.Holy Suffering cats
3.Reload (copied on Metallica LE)
4.Thats some high fallutin' shootin'
5. Just because I am old doesn't make me a kook
6.I may be older than dirt, but I am still scrappy
7. Get off my property
8.Jumpin Jehosephax
9.Where's my jug?
10. Your just the tall hog at the trough
11.You yellow belly sap sucker
This game takes me back to times with the boys in the woods with our guns. Hitting bird multi ball five times in a row and hearing the shotgun effect each time is really neat. Skill shot saber cat call out sound effect is nice also. Love this game, but the left flipper shot is limited. The ramp design is way cool and reflective of computer aide device to get the form and flow. My BBH is built solid and commands the most time. Love the theme....."kill 'em and grill 'em". Classic.

1 week later
#44 10 years ago

I added the shaker motor earlier today and played a few games. I recommend the shaker motor. I cant think of any game it doesn't add to the appeal, but this pin's theme seems to be a natural for the shotgun shaker effects. Duck Multiball is the best with the Labrador Retriever rousing the ducks. Display would be great if it was a colordmd....soon???

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

What mods did you add? Just curious what's out there

Added a two Bears and topper.

1 month later
#46 10 years ago

Allso you can add a ATV on the ramp somewhere. I also opened the bonus round Lane by moving the target over littel butt this really help out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-has-a-big-buck-hunter-and-has-spent-time-playing-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.