Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Gerry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Well I picked up my first Gottlieb, a really nice Monte Carlo and the flipper bats looked like they point down, so I moved them inline withe the lane guide like williams, and it seems like its imposible to hit the ramp shots now. The flipper bats look like the originals and you could see the witness marks from the set screws so they look like that's how it came from the factory, so what's the deal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 10 years ago

Bump

#3 10 years ago

i would like to know also, i can make the ramp shots but there seems to be no true set spot for the flipper bats

#4 10 years ago

I lined them up (parallel) with the wire guides below the flippers and they work a lot better, still would like to know how they get set because when I got the machine they looked like they were pointing down way to much.

#5 10 years ago

mine are not parallel with the wire guides, they are actually pointed up some, i seem to be able to make all the shots without a problem, so..... who knows lol

#6 10 years ago

even with the inlane guides is how i have all of my sys80B's..i can make everything on my MC no problem...

I dont do the droopy thing on gottliebs.. and all i have is gottliebs..

The ramp shot is a bitch anyway, that flipper alignment with the inlane's really doesny make it any tuffer i dont think..

#7 10 years ago

you will have to stop over and play my MC sometime Gerry and let me know what you think

#8 10 years ago

When I had the lined up with the lane guides it seemed like you had to almost let the ball roll of the flipper before I could get it anywhere near the ramps and didn't feel right so I moved them in the middle of where they where when I brought it home and where I had it set lined up with the lane guides and it worked much better. I searched and couldnt find info anywhere if there is some kind of pocedure to set them where gottlieb did from the factory? Thanks

#9 10 years ago

No there isnt any ruling as how to align anywhere on the net...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-set-flipper-bats-on-gottlieb-monte-carlo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.