F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 85.
#3701 6 years ago

I would think they sort out GOTG first which puts us into January, then the bugs fixes for Aerosmith and then Kiss. It's all Lonnie so I'm guessing Dwight is coding Bon Jovi and a VE is coming. Then this team on Bon Jovi and Lyman on Elvira.
I wish Borg and Dwight would do a game together!

#3702 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

I would think they sort out GOTG first which puts us into January, then the bugs fixes for Aerosmith and then Kiss. It's all Lonnie so I'm guessing Dwight is coding Bon Jovi and a VE is coming. Then this team on Bon Jovi and Lyman on Elvira.
I wish Borg and Dwight would do a game together!

Whoa whoa whoa Tex! There's a Bon Jovi pin? What? Face. Palm.

#3703 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

they'll probably be using sound alike cover bands as they'll only have rights to the bon jovi images....

#3704 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

they'll probably be using sound alike cover bands as they'll only have rights to the bon jovi images....

This is one pin I'd be happier with the sound alikes!

Hopefully they sound alike someone else.

#3705 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Has Iron Maiden been delayed again then?

#3706 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If so, awesome. Means I might not have to pass on it because of Stern's bad build quality and code problems. Hopefully they'll be in better shape later in the year or into 2019.

#3707 6 years ago

It seems to be rumored that this was trudeaus project and supposed to come very soon, but since he is....occupied... with trial, gotg was pushed ahead instead. Which also would explain the crap initial code.

#3708 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

How do you know that ? From what i know its happening and especially since there is hype that these guys are nominated for the Rock and Roll hall of fame at present.
Wont say too much more but if anyone wants to start a topic ill add more info in.
After all this topic is about Kiss ....

#3709 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

How do you know that ? From what i know its happening and especially since there is hype that these guys are nominated for the Rock and Roll hall of fame at present.
Wont say too much more but if anyone wants to start a topic ill add more info in.

Okay, Bon Jovi topic made:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bon-jovi-pin-in-your-future#post-4111532

#3710 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

It's all Lonnie so I'm guessing Dwight is coding Bon Jovi

Bon Jovi would piss his pants listening to Ace Frehley shred .

#3711 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Mark my words Bon Jovi will not sell well.

#3712 6 years ago

KISS has so much personality - love the boom, boom, boom callout

Kiss Army MB seems to need a fair few call outs added. Please

This game is just so much fun to play!

#3713 6 years ago

Theory on upcoming KISS code. On the "This Flippin Podcast" on Dec 1, they interviewed Zach Sharpe... currently rated 1 in the IFPA rankings and director of marketing at Stern. Zach was asked which games he plays in the Stern arcade at lunch time. He answered that the only game he is currently playing is KISS.

So my thoughts....

1. He loves KISS a lot
2. He is testing KISS code

Later in the interview he went on to talk about his favorite Stern games and he didn't list KISS as a favorite. So I'm inclined to think he's testing KISS code.

#3714 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Theory on upcoming KISS code. On the "This Flippin Podcast" on Dec 1, they interviewed Zach Sharpe... currently rated 1 in the IFPA rankings and director of marketing at Stern. Zach was asked which games he plays in the Stern arcade at lunch time. He answered that the only game he is currently playing is KISS.
So my thoughts....
1. He loves KISS a lot
Later in the interview he went on to talk about his favorite Stern games and he didn't list KISS as a favorite. So I'm inclined to think he's testing KISS code.

That makes sense.

He competes with Elwin and they go for 10x Rock City - the ultimate buzz in pinball

If Stern makes the final update a great one, they should sell a lot more games as so many people have written this game off due to code delays.

For me, this game is as fun as MET and AC/DC and a nice final update could elevate it above MET and AC/DC

#3715 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

So my thoughts....
1. He loves KISS a lot

I talked to Stern Tech Support the other day and he said he's currently playing the LE exclusively at lunch.

Giddyup!

#3716 6 years ago

Finished HOF and got a nice big SJ - but no call out?

Still time to get one in there

#3717 6 years ago

Does anyone have the KISS Starchild plastic protector mod for sale?

#3718 6 years ago
Quoted from RayGun:

uh, ME

#3719 6 years ago
Quoted from RayGun:

A must have for all LE and premium owners! Capguntrooper did an excellent job on these. The flames were such an added bonus to that area plus the protection. Don't wait for the plastic to crack, it will eventually without one.

#3720 6 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

KISS is a great game but I have to wonder what's up with the artwork? Since when are Gene, Paul, Peter and Ace bodybuilders?

When Gene and Paul were shown the original drawing they asked Kevin, the artist, to add more muscles. Read that in a KISS bibliography.

#3721 6 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

When Gene and Paul were shown the original drawing they asked Kevin, the artist, to add more muscles. Read that in a KISS bibliography.

Ha, so typical Gene and Paul.

#3722 6 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Ha, so typical Gene and Paul.

So Gene.

#3723 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

to me kiss pinball is like the hottest chick I ever been with, but was lousy in bed.
you know what I mean?

Yes...ive been there.... I've also been there and been the lousy one cuz she was so hot.

#3724 6 years ago

If Stern makes the final update a great one, they should sell a lot more games as so many people have written this game off due to code delays.
For me, this game is as fun as MET and AC/DC and a nice final update could elevate it above MET and AC/DC

I've been interested in this title for along time. Stern will need to update code before it moves into my gameroom. So yes, code is holding up sales imho. Met pro sat unplayed forever in my house and almost got sold or traded because of slow code updates. So happy I waited it out!!

#3725 6 years ago

Even at the moment I play KISS more than any other game in the house.

I hope this last update shows that Stern care about updates.

I really want to add Iron Maiden next to KISS but code is the number 1 issue so lets see what the future brings!

#3726 6 years ago

KISS code update...yeah right...LMAO

#3727 6 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Another KISS update was mentioned in a recent Stern of the Union. Plus it's been widely reported that Zach Sharpe has been playing KISS a lot on his lunches. I'd say one more update isn't that crazy of an idea.

#3728 6 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Dude - it's 100% coming

How good, who knows.....

See below as this was Stern's latest monthly address.

Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here are some of the latest updates and status of things in the works and as always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:
Guardians of the Galaxy – We have several updates coming before the holidays, with 1.0 slated for January. We’re still working hard on balancing and polishing sound assets; it’s an ongoing process and clearly we are aware of some of the issues. We have every intention to make the audio package and game experience spectacular.
Star Wars – The team is hard at work and we’re still looking at releasing 1.0 code in early December. In case you missed it from last month the updates will include bug fixes, score balancing and additional speech. Some of the content will be:
Escape from Hoth, Escape from Tatooine, Battle Above Endor will get polish and rule enhancements with some cool added effects
Depending on which character you select, the heroes will receive additional perks with Leia’s bonus increasing all scoring in the 4th missions, Han increasing the timer to last longer during the Escape from Boba Fett mode and Luke’s bonus adding a higher scoring opportunity in the Light Saber Duel mode.
Batman ’66 – The dedicated programming team is still working on another release around the New Year. This will include additional minor villain modes into the mix.
Ghostbusters – With Star Wars coming to completion soon, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.
Aerosmith – Aerosmith will be getting a little more polish.
KISS – KISS code will have a final update in the near future as well.
Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time either! (i.e. The Walking Dead v1.60)

#3729 6 years ago

This 'promised' update feels like Alien ship dates.

#3730 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Another KISS update was mentioned in a recent Stern of the Union. Plus it's been widely reported that Zach Sharpe has been playing KISS a lot on his lunches. I'd say one more update isn't that crazy of an idea.

Dude - it's 100% coming
How good, who knows.....
See below as this was Stern's latest monthly address.
Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here are some of the latest updates and status of things in the works and as always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:
Guardians of the Galaxy – We have several updates coming before the holidays, with 1.0 slated for January. We’re still working hard on balancing and polishing sound assets; it’s an ongoing process and clearly we are aware of some of the issues. We have every intention to make the audio package and game experience spectacular.
Star Wars – The team is hard at work and we’re still looking at releasing 1.0 code in early December. In case you missed it from last month the updates will include bug fixes, score balancing and additional speech. Some of the content will be:
Escape from Hoth, Escape from Tatooine, Battle Above Endor will get polish and rule enhancements with some cool added effects
Depending on which character you select, the heroes will receive additional perks with Leia’s bonus increasing all scoring in the 4th missions, Han increasing the timer to last longer during the Escape from Boba Fett mode and Luke’s bonus adding a higher scoring opportunity in the Light Saber Duel mode.
Batman ’66 – The dedicated programming team is still working on another release around the New Year. This will include additional minor villain modes into the mix.
Ghostbusters – With Star Wars coming to completion soon, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.
Aerosmith – Aerosmith will be getting a little more polish.
KISS – KISS code will have a final update in the near future as well.
Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time either! (i.e. The Walking Dead v1.60)

I was drinking the Stern Kool-Aid for about the first year & a half after I got mine...but finally sobered up to reality.

#3731 6 years ago

On February, 14/17 (10 months and 9 days ago) I bought my KISS L.E. ... and just 7 minutes ago ...

I finally got my 1st “Heaven’s On Fire” and ohh yes! It was amazing! It was so damn good! Not just the song, but the combination of lights, how my art blades looked it was simply amazing! Took me more than I was expecting but never is too late ! But, I have a question please, The Spaceman wasn’t collected at all? I thought that I needed the 4 to get the wizard and achieve the song? What was done instead?

Thank you Fellas
Regards

#3732 6 years ago

Well done, love HOF multi-ball
Reaching it, KISS targets, ARMY targets, then collect all 4 instruments
Refer to the central grid for progress
Shoot the backstage pass & HOF is ready for the taking...good times

#3733 6 years ago

Also pop bumpers...sorry
Hit the bitchin’ right ramp to light instruments for collection

#3734 6 years ago

Thank you Hawks!

#3735 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

On February, 14/17 (10 months and 9 days ago) I bought my KISS L.E. ... and just 7 minutes ago ...
I finally got my 1st “Heaven’s On Fire” and ohh yes! It was amazing! It was so damn good! Not just the song, but the combination of lights, how my art blades looked it was simply amazing! Took me more than I was expecting but never is too late ! But, I have a question please, The Spaceman wasn’t collected at all? I thought that I needed the 4 to get the wizard and achieve the song? What was done instead?
Thank you Fellas
Regards

6 instruments to get Spaceman to flash, ready for Kiss Army.
12 instruments for Rock City.
5 for extra ball.

The start of HOF is fantastic for sure.

Doesn't look like final update in 2017 so hope this extra wait is worth it!

#3736 6 years ago

Doesn't look like final update in 2017 so hope this extra wait is worth it!

I was hoping for a merry kissmas this year but I hope your right Shapeshifter that the wait will be worth it!

#3737 6 years ago

Merry Kissmas to all those waiting for the final update

#3738 6 years ago

"AINT" No Merry Kissmass this year! But in conciliation, it's Christmas! Play dat Pinball yeah!

1 week later
#3739 6 years ago

So, it might be close or it might not!

Hey Stern Pinball Fans! Jared here with a little news from HQ!
As you have now hopefully become accustomed, Zach has been sharing the “Stern Of The Union” (SOTU) on the first Tuesday of each month. Due to the holidays today’s release has been postponed until next week on January 9th.
There are some exciting code updates “imminent” so make sure you stay tuned here to Stern Pinball FB for that information when it’s ready!...

#3740 6 years ago

So, it might be close or it might not!
Hey Stern Pinball Fans! Jared here with a little news from HQ!
As you have now hopefully become accustomed, Zach has been sharing the “Stern Of The Union” (SOTU) on the first Tuesday of each month. Due to the holidays today’s release has been postponed until next week on January 9th.
There are some exciting code updates “imminent” so make sure you stay tuned here to Stern Pinball FB for that information when it’s ready!...

Hard to "stay tuned" when your banned from asking questions about code.

#3741 6 years ago

So, Tuesday, another Stern Union Address.

Hoping we get more than 'KISS is having a final update'.

Throw us a bone

'Cities are being worked on'

Well, after this long wait, we can dream...

#3742 6 years ago

And while we are waiting, there has got to be some Champion awards in the update

Kiss Army can be huge scoring so really need to see best score saved.

Same for Rock City but haven't got there yet

The use of multipliers in this game is epic!

#3743 6 years ago

The multipliers are awesome in this game. Change the settings to give a playfield multiplier after every song completion and the game is a total blast to play. It makes going for song completions the most important thing to do. The only reason i don't leave those settings on mine is that i host tournament and i like to have setting close to factory so that no players are surprised.

#3744 6 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

The multipliers are awesome in this game. Change the settings to give a playfield multiplier after every song completion and the game is a total blast to play. It makes going for song completions the most important thing to do. The only reason i don't leave those settings on mine is that i host tournament and i like to have setting close to factory so that no players are surprised.

Funnily enough was thinking about doing this but going to wait it out and see what changes there are in the final update.

Only just getting hang of trying to have p/f multiplier, then have a 2x times at demon head, a 2x center ramp. And then during KA hit flashing green, then center for a combo into mouth. I think that is 6x plus p/f multiplier so could be 60x with colossal.

I have read of people ( top players! ) getting 800m super jackpots!

Never got close to doing this but it's these kind of rules that ensures this game does not get old.

#3745 6 years ago

Fellas, a true story:

About 3 months ago Capguntrooper suggested me the Starchild protector, Thundergod posted some nice pics with the Mod and flames, but in that moment I thought that eventually, probably, perhaps or maybe I will think about it someday because that could be something that could not happen, right? huh.....WRONG!!!

The past week I saw precisely what Capgun mentioned and I was lucky enough to see how the plastic was bending and fortunately the ball fell and the plastic didn’t broke, trust me, that was like in slow motion, everything turned red around me and I just heared my son voice with distortion saying:-“ D-a-a-a-a-d... l-o-o-o-o-k... ohh shhhiii......t!”

So, knowing that Stern didn’t calculated this at all! I just honestly want to say that I recommend 100% this Mod fellas, besides that protects your game it looks very very nice, Capgun shipped right away and in a few days was delivered to Canada.

Regards

F167365E-2BCB-4DA6-9BE1-23E8B09AE968 (resized).jpegF167365E-2BCB-4DA6-9BE1-23E8B09AE968 (resized).jpeg

354BD798-C7F4-452D-94D8-98FC6DB8DE34 (resized).png354BD798-C7F4-452D-94D8-98FC6DB8DE34 (resized).png

40FE301C-F1B1-449E-A284-AF68548D2E9C (resized).png40FE301C-F1B1-449E-A284-AF68548D2E9C (resized).png

#3746 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas, a true story:
About 3 months ago Capguntrooper suggested me the Starchild protector, Thundergod posted some nice pics with the Mod and flames, but in that moment I thought that eventually, probably, perhaps or maybe I will think about it someday because that could be something that could not happen, right? huh.....WRONG!!!
The past week I saw precisely what Capgun mentioned and I was lucky enough to see how the plastic was bending and fortunately the ball fell and the plastic didn’t broke, trust me, that was like in slow motion, everything turned red around me and I just heared my son voice with distortion saying:-“ D-a-a-a-a-d... l-o-o-o-o-k... ohh shhhiii......t!”
So, knowing that Stern didn’t calculated this at all! I just honestly want to say that I recommend 100% this Mod fellas, besides that protects your game it looks very very nice, Capgun shipped right away and in a few days was delivered to Canada.
Regards

Thanks a bunch for the kind words! Changing out that plastic once it cracks is a HUUUUUUUGE pain, glad you got it protected before any damage was done.

#3747 6 years ago

"Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here are some of the latest updates and status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:
Guardians of the Galaxy – We had several updates this holiday season including the addition of two new songs! We are still on track for more code updates this month with additional balancing and polishing of the overall game experience.
Star Wars – We are working on bug fixes, polish and minor tweaks in the near future.
Batman ’66 – Look for another new update this month!
Ghostbusters – Ghostbusters is still in line for a final update.
Aerosmith – Aerosmith is still in line for an additional update and polish.
KISS –KISS is still in line for a final update.
Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time either!"

Oh boy, come on guys, give us something, anything? How long are we looking at?

Hopefully the update will be even better than expected......

#3748 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

perhaps or maybe I will think about it someday because that could be something that could not happen, right? huh.....WRONG!!!

This is a must for all Premium and LE owners! It's not a matter of if but when it breaks! Simple installation, and very reasonably priced, and it looks awesome. Can't imagine that area without the flames. Glad to hear you have yours protected, looks great!

#3749 6 years ago

Hopefully the update will be even better than expected......

I hope so to, such a great game.

#3750 6 years ago

Ok, while we wait, what are people's thoughts on the cities?

Currently there are 8 songs and 15 cities.

Can't see any mention of cities on the playfield or rules card. Additionally no call outs direct player to choose a city or indeed, why they should choose a city.

Right now, it just doesn't make sense at all. Stern have said the player can choose a city - if that is the case then add call outs or something.

Right now my suggestion is just eliminate them from the game and instead focus on other areas that could benefit from final update -

1. Champion Awards
2. Bug fixes
3. More call outs
4. Clean up, add animations
5. Finish Rock City
6. New song for Kiss Army MB?

Anything else that people are hoping for?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 19.95
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.