Linked Games

Topic poll

“Whats better STTNG or WH20?”

• STTNG 102 votes
    55%
  • WH20 84 votes
    45%

(186 votes)

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I like both but have a feeling I would like WH20 more, but STTNG rates higher. What are your thoughts

#2 10 years ago

As I am not a Star Trek fan...WH2O gets my vote. Never been into STTNG.

#3 10 years ago

You will be playing Star Trek long after you get bored with WW.

Its well worth the higher rating and the extra cash to buy one.

#4 10 years ago

mick,are these two machines available for purchase/looking to buy,or are you just putting it out there?

equal condition,they're pretty close on price.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

I like both but have a feeling I would like WH20 more, but STTNG rates higher. What are your thoughts

Do you prefer granny smith or fuji? As apples go sometimes apples ain't apples.

As stated before, how did you arrive at this juncture??

#8 10 years ago

One thing that clearly separates the two is the quality of the audio tracks. STTNG wins by knockout in that arena.

#9 10 years ago

I have owned both. Still have WH2O

#10 10 years ago

The plebiscite is splitting hairs while the commentariat is a pseudo absolute Stevie s richie cult. King of flow and super pin wide body movement wasn't a match made in paradiso. Both top top games but wh20(never ww as some stooges refer to it) for me at least gets it over by a bees dicks in every category and so in totality wins by a landslide.

P.s. Vote albo if you can.

#11 10 years ago

they are both really great games. but for me edge goes to sttng because it pulls you in more.

#12 10 years ago

I've only had my WH20 for a couple weeks now and it is really fun but I still enjoy my STTNG more.

#13 10 years ago

They are both great games. Whitewater is harder to find in nice condition, and costs a lot to restore. STNG rates higher and has better audio. Get whichever one comes along in better condition first, and keep looking for the other.

#14 10 years ago

First it was dongers, now it's bee dicks...what is with you aussies and your expressions lol...

Whitewater is definitely more of a "shooters" game. I like it, and the Insanity Falls ramp is definitely something awesomely unique in the world of pinball. Great audio package for a custom theme too!

I think it's a dead tie, frankly.

#15 10 years ago

STTNG is one of the best integrations of theme and game of all time. even if you don't like Star Trek: The Next Generation as a franchise, you gotta admit having custom-recorded callouts from patrick stewart and company is extremely cool. even secondary characters like Q are included, and the game just works in so many aspects from the show -- phasers, warp, romulans, cardassians, klingons, ferengi, the borg, time travel, shuttlecraft, the holodeck, etc etc. Williams did a brilliant job theming the game.

WH20's theme is quite original, though, and i love that rollercoaster left ramp. but STTNG still wins in my mind

#16 10 years ago

Given that you have only one machine, Fish Tales, I would think that WH2O would not be different enough for you, so I would suggest STTNG for a second pin.

Ultimately if space and finances allow, get both.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

First it was dongers, now it's bee dicks...what is with you aussies and your expressions lol...
Whitewater is definitely more of a "shooters" game. I like it, and the Insanity Falls ramp is definitely something awesomely unique in the world of pinball. Great audio package for a custom theme too!

The question with Aussies is; what's with aussies?? What can you expect from a culture colonized by the English against root canal surgery and what ever modern day birmingham has become.

As said apples ain't apples. New york ain't Los angles neither is Adelaide and the rest of the sun burnt continent.

Back back to topic wh20 and big call, maybe bad call, maybe capitalism was alwYs the answer call but ssr and super pin just dont go.

#18 10 years ago

IMO both are top 10 games. Very very close...but if I had to choose STTNG. That is the machine that got me into pinball.

#19 10 years ago

I had to think on this one for a while

Both are easily top games. Owned them both and had a blast

Wh20 - game has such sweet flow with the ramps all over and the call out...WHIIIIITEWATTER is epic. Great music and overall just a solidly put together pin and theme. Can get easy to beat though

STTNG - pretty deep game with really unique features and another great audio game and the cast was fully involved so thats another plus.

#20 10 years ago

If Wh20 had a better audio package, it would be a very difficult choice for me. As it is though, STTNG gets my vote.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballShed:

You will be playing Star Trek long after you get bored with WW.
Its well worth the higher rating and the extra cash to buy one.

Around here you need extra cash to buy the WH2O. It's so damn pricey now.

#22 10 years ago

Over the years I've bought about 35 pins and only sold about 5 or 6 of them. Whitewater was one of the ones I sold. Never really got into it that much.

I think on a level playing field STTNG wins. If you are at all a Star Trek fan, STTNG wins by a landslide!

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

I've owned both, STTNG is still here. WH2O is not a bad game and I would buy one again...but it ain't no STTNG.

#24 10 years ago

It is STTNG. Talk about a shooter's game. It requires very precise shots as the drains are absolutely lethal. Any errant shot is punished.

I just did not find much to shoot at on WH20 except for the ramps at the top.

But STTNG is the total package: art, audio, shots, flow, deep modes and rules, difficulty, popular theme. IMO - its in all-time top three with MM and TZ.

#25 10 years ago

This thread is pumpilicious.

#26 10 years ago

STTNG all the way.

Two totally different games.

#27 10 years ago

I know 3 people who have had both games in their collections, ALL of them sold STTNG and kept
WH20.
STNNG is one of the most, if not THE most, "buggy", tempremental games out there.
(I have heard this from countless tech's in the business.)
Usually they have credit dots on them. So, if you want a more reliable machine,
I would go with Wh20.
But both are FUN to play.!!

#28 10 years ago

Owned both still have WH2O. I found STNG lumbering and WH2O with great flast flow.

#29 10 years ago

I have both and would be hard pressed to choose between them. I play STTNG more myself, but WH20 is a bigger hit with guests. I suppose you have to ask who will be using it the most. WH20 is a lot simpler to grasp for first-time or occasional players, but STTNG has a lot more substance for repeat play.

#30 10 years ago

I'm going tie on this one also. Very diff'rent, but both classics. You know what, I'll go STTNG just cause of the audio to actually make a decision.

#31 10 years ago

I can't understand the love for STTNG. I played the crap out of it one afternoon. Too many multiball modes going on. Way too many free balls awarded (yes, I know.. settings). Just couldn't get into it.

WH20 just seemed more fun. Then again I like more basic games like System 11s. WH20 was closer to that time frame for me.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I can't understand the love for STTNG. I played the crap out of it one afternoon. Too many multiball modes going on. Way too many free balls awarded (yes, I know.. settings). Just couldn't get into it.
WH20 just seemed more fun. Then again I like more basic games like System 11s. WH20 was closer to that time frame for me.

I didn't think there were that many multiballs in STTNG? I always seem to be in single ball mode, shooting for the 8 modes and Final Frontier. Course, I never complain about too many multiball modes. Now, my Tron has a bunch of them but what's NOT to like?!?

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Too many multiball modes going on.

"We need them now...moooore please!"

#34 10 years ago

Have both, way different, both are keepers. There is no bad choice . Good Luck with the best price.

#35 10 years ago

Don't mind multiball that much. But with like six balls zooming around at once I feel I'm just smashing the flipper buttons without skill

#36 10 years ago

tomato or tomot-o they are both great pins . that being said WHITEWATER RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#38 10 years ago

STTNG all the way

#39 10 years ago

I've owned them both, kept the WH2O.

#40 10 years ago

I'd rather have the WH20, but let's face it: This is a personal preference thing. They're both really solid games...

#41 10 years ago

I could never get into Star Trek (the pinball). I suspect that much of its love is based on the theme, which I don't get either. I always hear it's great and I keep wanting to like it, I just never quite get there.

#42 10 years ago

I own both and this is really a tough call, so it's a tie for me. Neither are leaving anytime soon!

ST-TNG in really nice condition $4K+ and WH20 is same condition $5k+ IMO.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Don't mind multiball that much. But with like six balls zooming around at once I feel I'm just smashing the flipper buttons without skill

Then let a couple drain... and you've got 4 ball multi ball. The only game that is just ridiculous with it's multiball qty is Apollo 13.

#44 10 years ago

Looks like all the WH20 fans are coming out. Really, when I clicked on the survey I was expecting STTNG to blow WH20 away. Such different games and systems. I played WH20 all night at a friends house last fall. Another guy was proclaiming how great it was, so we played it all evening. I enjoyed playing it, but it didn't make me want to own one.

#45 10 years ago

STTNG no contest. Warp factor 9.9 is tougher to get to than Vacation Jackpot IMO.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wh20 is the ducks nuts or the dogs balls and is the complete package, my choice over STTNG.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Given that you have only one machine, Fish Tales, I would think that WH2O would not be different enough for you, so I would suggest STTNG for a second pin.
Ultimately if space and finances allow, get both.

I have both, only pinballs I own and they are nothing alike except the theme is based around water.
WH2O theme is universal and very well crafted, for all ages. Sound and visual package is well though of, cute and humorous and drawing the player into the imaginary world. Pinball is fast, requires lot of skill, a real shooters pin. No two games are alike since it has the random element of shot requirements for rafts changing from game to game. Beautiful diorama-like world. Strategic pin that requires precision and ball control.

On the other hand, STTNG is a pin with deeper rules, but playing it on Pinball Arcade and Visual Pinball seems like it is a lot of busy work. Plus, if you don't care for Star Trek much of appeal of STTNG is lost.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's what Vegemite does with you in the long run ...

#49 10 years ago

Sttng. Wh20 is too right flipper heavy for me and gets boring

#50 10 years ago

If you like Star Trek, STTNG is the best integrated theme ever. If you don't like Star Trek, it would be hard to love. STTNG is my favorite pin and I have some nice pins. It breaks a lot and I just keep getting it fixed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-better-sttng-or-wh20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.