Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by kmoore88
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

I would like to know what the pinheads on pinside would be willing to pay for a CQ MM. Be honest and lets see how the prices compare to the prices on Ebay.

#2 12 years ago

I dunno. I know they go for $10-$14k based on condition. Even more from a high-end restorer.

#3 12 years ago

Well, there are multiple facets here. What is collector quality? Factory new? Better than new restoration with mods. New in sealed box?

Personally, for a very nice, all original lightly routed or home use machine, i would pay 8500.

A heavily routed one that was 80 to 100% functional, 6000.

I know these go for 10k, but thats just too much.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

Well, there are multiple facets here. What is collector quality? Factory new? Better than new restoration with mods. New in sealed box?

I am talking about a machine that is 100% playable with no playfield damage. The cabinet can have small scratches. A machine that you would be proud to have in your collection. New in the box is out of the question. Who in there right mind would open it.

#5 12 years ago

Kaston,

4k may sound familiar.... but seriously and with respect to a good game -

I do kick myself for passing up this trade about two years back - my SM + 1500 for one (seriously). Around the same time, i passed on another one for 7k.

Although it may be a great game, i am not a fan of the fan type layouts, and not sure i can ever pay for one over 7k. I would be too worried that the day i buy it is the top, it would nag at me too much. There are also other Pins i would want before it, so i am not the best guy to ask either....

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from kaston1573:

I am talking about a machine that is 100% playable with no playfield damage. The cabinet can have small scratches. A machine that you would be proud to have in your collection.

I would personally be willing to pay about $8,500 for such a machine, but I think it would fetch quite a bit more than that on the open market.

#7 12 years ago

Well, seeing that I'm selling one...$14,000 is a fair price.

Ok, seriously. Condition is everything. MM is a rare and highly collectable machine that some think is the best machine ever made. That is what drives the price up. Supply and demand.

The average price over the last year based on Pinpedia.com is $10,291

#8 12 years ago

How much is yours up to, wes? Did they hit the reserve yet?

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

Ok, seriously. Condition is everything. MM is a rare and highly collectable machine that some think is the best machine ever made. That is what drives the price up. Supply and demand

You are right. It is a supply and demand situation. I wonder how many are still in existance.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

Well, seeing that I'm selling one...$14,000 is a fair price.

Wes, wish you the best for 14,000 for yours. I kick my self because I had the opportunity to buy a MM for 1,200 locally back in 1999 that was heavilly used. Who knew!

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How much is yours up to, wes? Did they hit the reserve yet?

Not yet but I think it will. It's up to 8000 with 69 viewers.
I'm home from my vacation for a few days as work calls so I played a few games tonight. It's the first pin I will sell that I will miss...but thats the nature of the pin game....I'm loving the polaris RZR it's a lot of fun. I'm going back later this week to drive it through some mud. When I'm doing that I don't miss it so much.

#12 12 years ago

I want a MM so bad. I would say about $8k for a decent one and $10k for extremely good condition. Those seem to be about the average price.

#13 12 years ago

HUO or CQ $10k

#14 12 years ago

I would want 11K for mine and its light routed! But in very very good condtion.But thats in Australia where pinball prices are a lot higher than the US.

#15 12 years ago

Hmm personally MM isn't near the top of my ratings so its maybe worth $2,000-$2,500 to me. Having said that it would be stupid for me not to buy one at double the price. If I did it would be only so that I could sell it and make a profit.
Note: I like the game it's just that I like others more.

#16 12 years ago

I have recently bought a MM here in the UK for just over $8,900 (£5,800). It's in mint condition, with just a few small scratches/marks on the cabinet, and a very small amount of wear at the Merlin saucer, otherwise it's perfect. It had a couple of years use in an arcade, then has been home use for the last 10 years.

Not got it home yet, but I have had a good look round it. A lot of money to pay for a machine I know, but MM is a great game, and I've aspired to get one for a while.

#17 12 years ago

I have had offer of $12500 for mine . It is a HUO with about 600 plays. No play field wear,it is mint.I would have a hard time ever letting it go.

#18 12 years ago

Hey all,

I'll preface this by saying that no, I don't have $10,000 or thereabouts to drop on a machine, so I personally have no skin in the game. I really do enjoy MM; from what I've played of it, it's a great game. Good modes, good art, good toys.

I would personally probably be willing to pay $7,000 for one if it came along and I had the money burning a hole in my pocket. Before everyone says, "Guy's out to lunch; they'll never sell that low," hear me out. There is a way that I came up with that number, and it's not just me undercutting the asking value or saying "what it should be".

I think MM is that good of a game; complete package and everything. I'd be more comfortable spending $7,000 on a MM than a new Transformers LE or Wizard of Oz that I'd never played before. With that said, above and beyond a certain point seems to me to be a cachet thing. That's 100 percent fine; I know within the pin community, if I walk into someone's basement and see a MM, a certain bit of respectful head-nodding will go on, and I have no problem with that.

My personal issue, and how I came up with the price, is that I don't think I'm going to get as much enjoyment out of a $10,000 MM as a showpiece as I would any other three A- or B-list pins that provide me with an entire, solid collection. For that kind of money, I'm pretty sure I could get my choice of a TSPP, TZ, AFM, SM, whatever; any three or four games, and if I shopped right, maybe have enough left over for some oddball piece I want like a Gorgar. For $7,000, I can comfortably say, "Yeah, I'd drop that money for the showpiece, knowing full well it's nearly twice what any other machine is going for", without saying, "Yeah, that's too much money." Above that point, I can start drawing a hard line where I say, "I really like MM, but am comfortable having three A-list games instead of THE A-list game." Just my two cents; take it for what it's worth.

Luke

#19 12 years ago

I'd pay $5,500, because thats what I think its worth, although the market says different, its not 3 times better then AFM or other A listers so I dont think the price should be 3x more

#20 12 years ago

I wouldn't pay more than 6k. CQ or not

#21 12 years ago

$10-14k. Routed ones are selling between $6.5-8k. Full restoration DYI costs(new PF, boards, plastics, cabinet decals, etc, etc) can be north of $4k. Treasure Cove gets between $15-17k.

#22 12 years ago

5,500 & not a penny more I would rather buy a new L.E Transformers!

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

I'd pay $5,500, because thats what I think its worth, although the market says different, its not 3 times better then AFM or other A listers so I dont think the price should be 3x more

I completely agree with you.

#24 12 years ago

Routed beaters get 7k all day ! I would assume that QC in very nice original shape would bring 10K but take a few weeks to sell.

Jim

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

Treasure Cove gets between $15-17k.

I guess there's a sucker born every minute, You could build an amazing game ROOM for 17k.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

I guess there's a sucker born every minute, You could build an amazing game ROOM for 17k.

True. But I'm guessing that anyone who can afford to spend $17,000 on a single pinball machine isn't too concerned about money. I don't think there are a lot of people out there buying HEP and TC restorations in lieu of feeding their families.

#27 12 years ago

$10 000 (in EXCELLENT condition). Since my friend bought one, i'm not still a fan of this machine. I played a lot and find this pin not a challenge. The ball time are too long.

I prefer TOTAN, CV or TOM

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

You could build an amazing game ROOM for 17k

That is pretty close to what I have tied up in my game room.

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from Holy_Pickle:

$10 000 (in EXCELLENT condition). Since my friend bought one, i'm not still a fan of this machine. I played a lot and find this pin not a challenge. The ball time are too long.

I prefer TOTAN, CV or TOM

Huh? I can understand if you're a really good player and that MM is too easy for you, but then to name three of the easiest WPC games you like better doesn't make much sense (since MM is definitely harder than any of those).

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

kmoore88 said:

Treasure Cove gets between $15-17k.

Yup, you could build a super amazing game room for $50k, or an awesome one for $75K, or a wow, over the top one for $XXXk. It's all relative. One man's lobster is another man's pizza.

#31 12 years ago

I have wanted one longer than I can remember. Started saving for it numerous times only to purchase another machine before I had enough saved up. I even tried the bumpy road down under to Waynes World and luckily came back unscathed. Still, no MM. If you asked me today to give up several A-listers in order to have it I would say no. Multiple pins are waay too much fun! I shouldnt actually state what I would be willing to pay for one in CQ condition because I am a little warped when it comes to MM. I will own it. Oh yes, I will own you MM

#32 12 years ago

A-list for sure, and deserves to command a high price point, but a high price point to me would be 4-5 grand. As long as other top-tier pins can be had for that, it seems absurd to me that MM goes for so much more, it's not any better than AFM, TAF, TOTAN, or MB. But you're asking ME, the market clearly shows that I am in the minority.

This might be blasphemous to say, but I am surrounded by about 16 MM's on location around me and now when I go into a new bar or shop and I see another MM I get disappointed, I can hardly play it anymore; the ruleset is too repetitive and boring. I'll play BoP all night without a single game on the MM sitting next to it at my favorite bar.

#33 12 years ago

I was thinking more in the line of 7000. I would buy a NIB machine before I would pay more for a used (over rated)pin

#34 12 years ago

Here is how I would price a collector quality pin.

Beater price + Price to have it restored to collector quality - 20% = Price.

The minus 20% is the cost of not just sending it to a restorer yourself, so it has to be lower because it has been played since restoration. Kind of like driving a car off of a lot depreciation.

Beater Price $7000 - $7500 (estimate) + Restoration Cost $6000 (labor/parts/shipping etc... depending on restorer and what you have done to it) - $2600 (20% of 13,000) = $10,400 to $11,,000 on a conservative low end.

#35 12 years ago

I'd pay $6K tops. Anything beyond that and I'd rather just buy a new pin instead. MM is a great pin, but it isn't the best and certainly not worth 2 or 3 other "A" list pins. Not by a long shot.

#36 12 years ago

not knockin the game...but seriously?? i'd rather buy 3 NIB machines at that price (14g).

i could get my;
IM
SM
Transformers..

that sounds better than having 1 castle. lol

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from emo:

Hmm personally MM isn't near the top of my ratings so its maybe worth $2,000-$2,500 to me. Having said that it would be stupid for me not to buy one at double the price. If I did it would be only so that I could sell it and make a profit.
Note: I like the game it's just that I like others more.

I agree, it is not worth that to me. i only have $5800 in my current collection. I did order a WOZ but it was all I could do.

2 weeks later
#38 12 years ago

Thanks everyone for your input on this topic.

I have found a MM and will be going to pick it up tomorrow. I can hardly wait to add it to my collection.

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from kaston1573:

I have found a MM and will be going to pick it up tomorrow. I can hardly wait to add it to my collection.

Make sure you post pics when you get her home!

#40 12 years ago

Nice....I'm picking mine up tommorrow. Get a good deal on it?

#41 12 years ago

I haven't read the thread yet and I know this doesn't answer the proposed question but my answer is no where near what anyone would charge for it.

And congrats to you on your purchase!

#42 12 years ago

Congrats to both of you. I get giddy just thinking about mm so Im excited for you guys. I feel like a little kid asking....can I play too?

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

I wouldn't pay more than 6k. CQ or not

I like MM a lot,But to me I would not pay more than $6000 for a 14 year old pin no matter the condition.

#44 12 years ago

Congrates guy on MM, pictures please !!

I'll pay 6000-7500$. I really want to get one, but none came a cross with good price yet

#45 12 years ago

If you are a true pinball collector and you don't have MM,your collection is incomplete.

#46 12 years ago
Quoted from brz:

If you are a true pinball collector and you don't have MM,your collection is incomplete.

I guess I am just a hobbyest.

#47 12 years ago

I found a MM here in a bar maybe 10 mins drive from my house. The Cabinet looked ok, there was some wear around the Merlin Hole, both flippers needed a rebuild, one of the trolls was not working and the right ramp diverter was not working either. Such a great shame to see a high value pin in such bad condition,and to be in a tiny bar where it doesn't get to be enjoyed by many people. Knowing if the bar owned it ,or if it was on route would differ my offer.

$4000-$5000 bar owned
$5500-$6500 private owned.

#48 12 years ago
Quoted from brz:

That comment does not hold any value ! Some think that you are a true collector if you have very rare pins and most would be HUO .

I think anyone with a pinball machine is a collector ! Quality may very a lot !

Jim

#49 12 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Make sure you post pics when you get her home!

Thanks Absocountry2 I will do that!

#50 12 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Congrats to both of you. I get giddy just thinking about mm so Im excited for you guys. I feel like a little kid asking....can I play too?

Thanks Silverballer. If you are ever in Texas I will be glad for you to stop by and give it a play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-pay-for-a-collectors-quality-medieval-madness and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.