• 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Skrippy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

416f2.jpg
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I've done a few threads exploring the world of non-multiball pins, but now I would like to look at Pins that do have multi-ball, but only 2-ball multiball. Most pins I have seen have 3 or more multiball and I have seen some pins with 2 or 3 multiball like the Data East Secret Service. The only 2-ball only multiball that I can think of is a Williams Road Kings. There must be a at least a few others.

Please help by sharing with us any pins that you know of that have just a 2-ball multiball mode.

Thanks!!

#2 10 years ago

Sorcerer, Pinbot, taxi, diner, Gilligans Island

#3 10 years ago

Diner and Taxi.

#5 10 years ago

I could be wrong, but isn't this asking, "How many games come loaded with 2 balls?" Or would the two lists have a few discrepancies?
-mof

#7 10 years ago

It's not a well known game, but my Alien Star has 2 ball and it's pretty fast and fun.

#8 10 years ago
#9 10 years ago

Class of 1812

#11 10 years ago

Police force which is awesome btw

#12 10 years ago

EM moment: Beat the Clock, Mad World, Nip-It

#14 10 years ago

The Machine Bride of Pinbot

#15 10 years ago

from memory of what I owned, could be wrong:
Title Fight
Game Show
Genesis
Riverboat Gambler
Excaliber

#16 10 years ago

Bally's Embryon

#17 10 years ago

night moves, carribbean cruise

#18 10 years ago

Truck Stop

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I could be wrong, but isn't this asking, "How many games come loaded with 2 balls?" Or would the two lists have a few discrepancies?
-mof

Yes. For example, PZ only has a two ball multiball but you load three balls into the machine.

viperrwk

#20 10 years ago

Firepower 2

#22 10 years ago

Gold Wings, Hot Shots, TX-Sector, Millionaire, DIamond Lady. Also Banzai Run & CFtBL (both 2 ball with three installed.)

Edit: TurboBengal beat me to it on GW!

viperrwk

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

Yes. For example, PZ only has a two ball multiball but you load three balls into the machine.
viperrwk

And jokerz! is the same way. You load 3 but you can only get a 2 ball multiball. I've never seen the need for the 3rd ball as there isn't any place that stages a ball, etc where you need to get the next ball queued up quickly.

Dave

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

And Jokerz! is the same way. You load 3 but you can only get a 2 ball multiball. I've never seen the need for the 3rd ball as there isn't any place that stages a ball, etc where you need to get the next ball queued up quickly.
Dave

The only rationale for doing this is if the machine has ball-save for the beginning part of multiball and another ball needs to be served quickly after draining. I don't remember if Jokerz implements multiball ball save or not.

viperrwk

#25 10 years ago

I never understood Road Kings: it's got this very nice time-lock system, and what would be cooler than to add a ball when you've achieved that? I think a lot of games would be nicer if they had a 3th ball in multiball, and most 2 ball games already have 2 places to 'hold' the ball, so a 3-ball multiball would be easily added.

(we did implement the 3th ball like that in our Road Kings on P-ROC: start with a 2 ball, reward a 3th when shooting 2 timelocks in time).

#26 10 years ago

Pretty sure Andromeda only has 2 balls.

#27 10 years ago

Scorpion

#28 10 years ago

The mighty Cosmic Gunfight!! Robo-war, Force II, Stars Phoenix, Radical!, Starlight, Bally Game Show.

#29 10 years ago

Thanks for all the great input!! A lot of these Pins I had never heard of before. Doing my research on all of them. Please keep them coming if you can think of any that haven't been mentioned yet.

Thanks!!

#30 10 years ago

How come no-one has mentioned the mighty Black Hole yet??

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from NFK:

The Machine Bride of Pinbot

That has a three ball multiball doesn't it? (2 eyes plus one in play = 3 when the eyes release...)

#32 10 years ago

Gilligans island

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I never understood Road Kings: it's got this very nice time-lock system, and what would be cooler than to add a ball when you've achieved that? I think a lot of games would be nicer if they had a 3th ball in multiball, and most 2 ball games already have 2 places to 'hold' the ball, so a 3-ball multiball would be easily added.

I actually prefer 2-ball over 3 or more balls in multiball. When you have 3 or more balls going you really loose control of what's happening. It's more of a punishment rather than a reward. With 2 balls you still can maintain control over the game play. It becomes more of a challenge rather than a punishment. A challenge that rewards you with extra points.

I'm glad that there are 2-ball multball games out there and this was the reason for this thread - to help me identify those pins. Now I'm just researching the videos and downloading the pinmame so I can check these different pins out. Living in Hawaii this is about the only way I can do it as there are so few pins available to play over here. Hopefully I can determine what I really like and then I can try to find one on the Mainland and have it shipped here.

I tend to like the "Old School" game play a lot better. From the list so far I'm liking, Sorcerer, Andromeda, and Road Kings. If anyone has some really good strong opinions on any specific game I would love to hear it. Your personal experiences can really help me in this quest!

Thanks again to all!!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

That has a three ball multiball doesn't it? (2 eyes plus one in play = 3 when the eyes release...)

No 2 Balls only. ^^

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

How come no-one has mentioned the mighty Black Hole yet??

Probably because BH is a 3 ball multiball.

#36 10 years ago

I just picked up a Creech and it has 2 ball multi ball but it's interesting that the machine takes 3 balls.

#37 10 years ago

Might not qualify, but the multiballs in Stargate start as 2 ball multiballs. Additional balls get added only if you complete the multiball objectives (to get you up to 4 balls).

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

I just picked up a Creech and it has 2 ball multi ball but it's interesting that the machine takes 3 balls.

The extra ball is a "chase ball" so if the machine loses one (gets stuck somewhere) it could still function normally because there's still two balls available.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

The extra ball is a "chase ball" so if the machine loses one (gets stuck somewhere) it could still function normally because there's still two balls available.

Thank you for the clarification.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Thank you for confirming this.. I picked up a dr dude and was worried that i could only get a 2 ball multiball.

#41 10 years ago

Super Mario Bros Mushroom World is a two ball setup, for all of the 519 made

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Might not qualify, but the multiballs in Stargate start as 2 ball multiballs. Additional balls get added only if you complete the multiball objectives (to get you up to 4 balls).

Same as ACDC on Jam multiball or Tour Multiball

#43 10 years ago

Mystery Castle, A.G. Football, A.G. Soccer-Ball, USA Football (the head-to-head version, not the flipperless redemption version).

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

And Jokerz! is the same way. You load 3 but you can only get a 2 ball multiball. I've never seen the need for the 3rd ball as there isn't any place that stages a ball, etc where you need to get the next ball queued up quickly.
Dave

Quoted from viperrwk:

The only rationale for doing this is if the machine has ball-save for the beginning part of multiball and another ball needs to be served quickly after draining. I don't remember if Jokerz implements multiball ball save or not.
viperrwk

Probably so that multiball can still be played even if a ball is stuck somewhere.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

I think default settings is up 3 on most modes. One is up to 4 default. I think at least 2 start with 4 balls.

#46 10 years ago

Cactus Jacks

#47 10 years ago

Cyclone

#48 10 years ago

Doing some more research on all these great pins!! Another one I'm really liking is Robo-War. Does anyone have a rule sheet for this pin?

Great "Old School" feel with drop targets, spinner, upper role over lanes with flipper lane change. The sound is great too!! Mars from Holst's "Planets" is great music and the robotic call outs are perfect match for the theme.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

Probably so that multiball can still be played even if a ball is stuck somewhere.

Maybe. But a lot of games will not start if the required number of balls are not in the trough and may not even complete the current game correctly if a ball gets stuck. But there may be exceptions I can't think of right now.

viperrwk

#50 10 years ago

Jungle Lord

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-are-2-ball-multiball-only and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.