Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 192 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mnpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What Muppet LE would you buy.”

• Kermit the Frog 35 votes
      12%
    • Miss Piggy 7 votes
      2%
    • Fozzy Bear 11 votes
      4%
    • Animal 117 votes
      40%
    • Gonzo 29 votes
      10%
    • Beaker 34 votes
      12%
    • Statler and Waldorf 58 votes
      20%

(291 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    Muppets_Take_Manhattan_Sesame_Street.jpg
    Unknown-6-935.jpeg
    muppets.jpg
    image-315.jpg
    There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 10 years ago

Imagine if they made a Muppets pinball and made several different model LE's, what would you buy.........

Kermit green LE
    Miss Piggy pink LE
    Animal red LE
    Gonzo purple LE
    Fozzy Bear brown LE
    Beaker orange LE
    Statler and Waldorf grey LE

Sorry if I missed any of your favourite Muppets.......

#2 10 years ago

Voted Gonzo, because my wife likes purple.

Statler/Waldorf would be my first pick, followed by Fozzy and Animal (but I don't like red machines).

If it would help get them made, I'd buy two. So many possibilities what that themem.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Voted Gonzo, because my wife likes purple.
    Statler/Waldorf would be my first pick, followed by Fozzy and Animal (but I don't like red machines).
    If it would help get them made, I'd buy two. So many possibilities what that themem.

Yeah Statler and Waldorf would be a good one, id go this and Fozzy Bear a Miss Piggy wouldn't be out the question as everyone would grab the others

#4 10 years ago

You didn't make an option for NONE!!

rd.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

rd.

Common Rotordave i know its on the top of your hit list

#6 10 years ago

The muppets are cool. The last muppet movie with Jason SeaGulls was very cool indeed.

Bad pin theme. Very bad. Bad. Bad. Bad.

rd.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

The muppets are cool. The last muppet movie with Jason SeaGulls was very cool indeed.
    Bad pin theme. Very bad. Bad. Bad. Bad.
    rd.

Haha never know could be a blockbuster that plays like a MM.........

#8 10 years ago

Beaker may be my favourite as long as it has a 'total panic mode'.
    As far as Miss Piggy goes I must be shure she is only featured static. Just the thought what could happen if you make her angry when you (accidently) tilted.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah, I can definitely think of many more themes I would be interested in... The Muppets not one of them.

#10 10 years ago

A write in vote for None

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

A write in vote for None

2nd and 3rd that.

#12 10 years ago

A vote for Any!

#13 10 years ago

A vote for the swedish chef !

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from kosmo:

Yeah nearly added him in, i think he is in the top 5 Muppets of all time

#15 10 years ago

Id want a Crazy Harry LE...they could reuse the AC/DC TnT detonators, maybe create a super-size shaker motor for it.

#16 10 years ago

i wasn't sure if my daughter's favorite was Animal or Beaker. i asked her and she said "MEEP!"

Beaker it is.

i would buy this game in a heartbeat! the whole family just adores the muppets. (how about a Fraggle Rock LE?)

#17 10 years ago

Mahamana LE or Sveedish Chef. :p

#18 10 years ago

What, no Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem LE?

#19 10 years ago

I would pay $10K for a Master of Muppets LE machine right now. (I can't believe nobody made that joke yet.)

#20 10 years ago

I vote Pepe' the King Prawn...it may be a bad pin but... "It would be sooo romantic ookaay"

#21 10 years ago

where was the Not gonna buy one option?

#22 10 years ago

I would go for gonzo or kermit. blue and green are my favorite colors. animal is my favorite muppet though, I just dont like red all that much. Muppets could be a great theme for pinball. I just hope if it ever happens they reference the muppet show more than the newer stuff

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from kosmo:

Amen brother!! He ROCKS!!
    What about the Count?? Could have a kid friendly horror themed pin???

#25 10 years ago

I am sorry but i would love a Sam the Eagle LE (SAMLE)

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from kosmo:

It would be in the player select language menu.

#27 10 years ago

This pin would be a great chance of pace from the superhero/sci-fi/classic rock rut. It would also be a great one for an LCD. I could imagine modes based on each iconic movie (Muppet Movie, Great Muppet Caper, Muppets Take Manhattan, etc.) leading to a Rainbow Connection wizard mode. And Animal Multiball would be epic.

#28 10 years ago

A Statler and Waldorf topper that would only pop out from the top at certain times would be amazing.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

This pin would be a great chance of pace from the superhero/sci-fi/classic rock rut. It would also be a great one for an LCD. I could imagine modes based on each iconic movie (Muppet Movie, Great Muppet Caper, Muppets Take Manhattan, etc.) leading to a Rainbow Connection wizard mode. And Animal Multiball would be epic.

couldn't agree more. hasn't the market been saturated with superhero and corny dad rock pins yet?

#30 10 years ago

I would have to vote with Rotodave on this one , NONE. The Muppets pin would be one title that I would be skipping if it was to be produced. I just can't picture it as being a hit.
    Just my 2 cents. Some would love one , I know, but not me.

#31 10 years ago

Does Beaker LE have explosions?
    What about Peppy The Prawn LE?

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i wasn't sure if my daughter's favorite was Animal or Beaker. i asked her and she said "MEEP!"
    Beaker it is.
    i would buy this game in a heartbeat! the whole family just adores the muppets. (how about a Fraggle Rock LE?)

Fraggles were awesome back in the day

#33 10 years ago

where's the love for professor honeydew to go along with beaker?

how about an lcd backglass that changes to reflect the game mode that you're in. that way no one muppet (or groups of muppets) would be left out.

additionally, it would be cool to have the image look like a static translite, but then animate during on key events to stun/shock the viewers

#34 10 years ago

I would prefer a "group shot" of the main muppets as opposed to just 1 character.

#35 10 years ago

Chose Beaker but if there was a MMM Bork Bork Bork Swedish Chef LE I'd be all over it

#36 10 years ago

I don't understand the Muppets as a theme for pinball?

My funds will be safe from that decision!

#37 10 years ago

Animal without a doubt

#38 10 years ago

sweedish chef!

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

To me it's perfect for pinball. Just like the simpsons, lot's of cool different characters.
    Would buy this in a heartbeat! And i know a lot who would too if the pin was great.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

+1

Unless it's Zombie Muppets

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from tsveng:

I would prefer a "group shot" of the main muppets as opposed to just 1 character.

Yeah, I'd prefer a pin that focuses on all of the central "Muppets" vs. just a single one. It would be as if they created a Simpson's pin and made you choose either a "Homer", "Bart", "Lisa", "Marge", edition.-although if that were the case I'm sure Homer would be the overwhelming favorite.

An action collage of all the characters would be great! They could focus the playfield on various aspects such as putting the "Electric Mayhem" band in the pops, have a swamp for Kermit, a stage with an animated Fozzie Bear, "Pigs in Space" for Miss Piggie, a cannon for Gonzo to shoot out of, and a balcony for Statler and Waldorf where they can heckle you.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

An action collage of all the characters would be great! They could focus the playfield on various aspects such as putting the "Electric Mayhem" band in the pops, have a swamp for Kermit, a stage with an animated Fozzie Bear, "Pigs in Space" for Miss Piggie, a cannon for Gonzo to shoot out of, and a balcony for Statler and Waldorf where they can heckle you.

+1 all fantastic ideas! And of course corresponding music for each mode.

#43 10 years ago

None...never...no way

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Whatever ice...that's what you say now.

#45 10 years ago

lots of things to do here

#46 10 years ago

Trust me - if Stern wants to tap into the home market (even more so then they have done), this has incredible sales potential.

The Muppets are as close to a universally known license as there is and there are far, far more people that like the Muppets than all the recent band and comic book titles combined. This is a title that would resonate with a very large portion of the 5 to 75 age group.

I can certainly see why this isn't everyone's cup of tea, and that's fine. But Disney wasn't stupid when they bought the Muppets. Very few themes have to potential to have cross generational appeal that could bring new interest to pinball like the Muppets could.

The Muppet Show was a show for adults that could be enjoyed by kids. No reason a pin couldn't be the same. In case you don't believe that - see who else likes to play Medieval Madness besides pinheads. MM was (and still is) a big hit with casual players and those typically disinterested in a typical pin. A (good) Muppets game would be the same.

I cold probably sell a dozen units to friends without even trying and only two of them currently have pins.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

But Disney wasn't stupid when they bought the Muppets.

Actually, if you know the whole story of how Disney bought the Muppets, they were pretty stupid about how that whole thing went down.

I have NO idea how I would swing it, I just know that I would *have* to buy if they came out with one. I LOVE the Muppets and the idea is great.

...but, having said that, the theme itself hasn't proven itself to be overly strong lately. The most recent movie was a disappointment in Disney's eyes. The characters, while well known to an older generation, are not perfectly well known to kids today. That's kind of what the movie was all about, actually, and it rings true. Thanks in LARGE part to how Disney acquired and then more or less squandered the Muppets for *years*, they are not as big as they once were. I think that a Muppets pin would sell strongly to a subset of pinball collectors, but would actually be a pretty big route flop - it wouldn't earn tons from kids, who both don't play pinball anyway and don't really know the theme, and it wouldn't earn tons from adults because if you put the pin at the local bar, it doesn't seem very many to be playing a machine with Ms. Piggy doing call outs.

With all that... I voted Gonzo. Love that guy

#48 10 years ago

I would buy them all. Sure they will be $15,000 by Christmas!

#49 10 years ago

I don't like how/why the sale to Disney happened, but understand it.

The current of generation of young kids are't the ones that are going to buy it. Their parents and grandparents who have the money will. But the kids WILL learn about the Muppets and will love them like the last two generations.

I also don't think it will do as badly on route as some think, but it may not matter if Stern can sell most of the production to the home market.

#50 10 years ago

I'd take a Gonzo LE

There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-muppet-le-would-you-buy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.