(Topic ID: 64218)

what LED should I put in Big Guns center post?

By Spybryon

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Has anyone put a bright LED in the center post of Big Guns? There is some sort of bulb in there but I haven't taken it apart yet.

It really seems like it needs a bright light in the center post so you know its up without directly looking at at (like in multi-ball).

Can you give me some advice what to buy? I am probably going to order from pinball life.

#2 10 years ago

Maybe a pop bumper LED?

#3 10 years ago

My Big Guns has a green center ball save post. The original bulbs did not do much to light it up so I ordered and installed two flexi green Cointaker LED bulbs and aimed them through the two holes in the bracket. Now you can tell that the post is active without looking...

Later when I finally get around to doing the playfield swap on my Big Guns, I will convert it to LEDs, add some additional LED lighting under the plastics on the upper ramps and maybe add a pair of spotlights to help light up the playfield since it is so dark when playing in a darkened room.

I cannot remember who but there was a thread on Pinside showing the LED mod to help light up the upper ramp plastics.

-- Shawn

#4 10 years ago

I have an orange center post on Bally Atlantis. I used a 2 Cointaker flex LEDs, one red and one orange. It has a sort of multicolor "raspberry swirl" effect - looks great!

#5 10 years ago

Cool. I will try to figure out what LED to put in there!

#6 10 years ago

Flex will probably work best for directing the light.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-led-should-i-put-in-big-guns-center-post and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.