(Topic ID: 15397)

What, in your opinion, are the best Pinball "call outs" ever?

By Cobray

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by flipper73
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

laughing-my-AZZ-Off.gif
    Killer.gif
    There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

I was reading another thread about Monster Bash and it brought a smile to my face because it reminded me of the first time I ever played the game, and how the Frankenstein coming alive with the "IT'S ALIVE!!" call out and the flashers going next to it just hit me as being one of the coolest things I've ever seen on a pinball machine. It stuck with me for a long time until I could finally buy a MB, and to this day it's still my absolute favorite Pinball "call out". No others are quite as special to me for some reason, and I know there are a lot of cool ones. Perhaps it was just the timing and the fact that I did not expect it at all since I had never seen it before playing one.

So what are your favorite or most memorable pinball "call out" moments and why?

The close second for me, mainly because I rarely get it, is on AFM.. when you are in alien attack mode and hit all of the aliens except for the one next to the scoop, and then you hit the scoop.. and the game stops for a second and the alien lights up and jumps up and down and say "HA HA YOU MISSED ME!!!". I laughed my ass off for the entire night over that.

These are the things that have made pinball such an addiction for me... I doubt I'm alone on this one. Let's hear yours..

#2 12 years ago

The martians saying "JACKKKKKKKPPPPAUUUTTTT!!!" on AFM during Multiball.

The martians saying "Ohhh, no no no!!!! SSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPERRR JACKPAAAAAUTTTT!!!!!!!! OH BAI-BAY!" on AFM when obtaining Super Jackpot.

Gomez going "SHHHHHHHHOOWWWTime!" on TAF.

"It has to warm up....SO it can KILLLLLL YOU!!!!!! - SHHHHHHOOOOWWWWWTIME!" on TAF.

Any time the TREX roars on JP - particularly during the "match" sequence at the end.

#3 12 years ago

I love earthshaker's "head for the shelter!", followed by the girl saying "gimme shelter!"

twilight zone has a bunch, the robot saying "don't touch the door!", when the powerball comes out the guy saying "the ball is mine, give it back"

Viper night drivin eggs you on, if you hold onto the ball, mancow heckles you saying things like "come on wussy, take the shot!"

#4 12 years ago

Hey you!!! with the face!

#5 12 years ago

No doubt, MB has the best call outs.

#6 12 years ago

MB
    MM is funny though.

#7 12 years ago

IT'S ALIVE!

PLAY BETTER!

YOU DONT NEED LUCK WHEN YOURE GOOD!

#8 12 years ago

Hey,

About a year ago, I played a Monster Bash for the first time. I don't recall it exactly, but the comment from Dracula about his semi-circular motion stuck out, so I guess that one's stuck with me. Favorite? Not sure. "A little to the left" in Big Bang Bar sticks out as well.

Luke

#9 12 years ago

I love it on NGG when Buzz says "you hit your own cart" and then right after says "do it again" always get a chuckle out of that.

#10 12 years ago

WH2O...Lets Go!! Ya Wiener!

#11 12 years ago

"HA HA! MISSED ME!" - Martian to the left of the scoop in AFM.

Gets me every time.

#12 12 years ago

agree with "Showtime" from TAF. Gotta add Williams' IJ "Super Jackpot!". John Rhys-Davies gives all there is on that one.

#13 12 years ago

Fish Tales "Super Jackpot".

#14 12 years ago

Cyclone has several good one's. My favorite is "We have a winner!".

#15 12 years ago

I love when Stewie taunts you in FG "yeah, you ... you ... you're doing gooood..."

#17 12 years ago

You can't beat me, I'm medicated!!!

#18 12 years ago

Lock Ball!... Alright!
    Shaaark!!! Chomp!
    Dolphin squeaks. (Sounds like Flipper from that show from the 60's I've never seen.)
    Never had a better day.

#19 12 years ago

Wow, what a GREAT idea for a thread!!

So great, in fact, that I already started one a few months ago:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-have-the-best-call-outs

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

I love it on NGG when Buzz says "you hit your own cart" and then right after says "do it again" always get a chuckle out of that.

What about "say goodbye to your balls"!?

#21 12 years ago

Lock is lit, and so am I!

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, I posted my opinion on BW in that one too. Oh well, who really cares anyway?

#23 12 years ago

Raul Julia and Angelica Houston really knock it out on TAF. Dozens of great callouts! Good show old man, you're really on the ball, now you've done it, don't torture yourself, you should now better, rest in piece, and of course SHOWTIME!!! After almost 20 years, that multiball sequence is still one of the best light shows in pinball IMO.
    The different knights, damsels and trolls on MM make it a close second for me.

#24 12 years ago

For me it's LOTR on the TT MB. Gimli yelling DOUBLE/or TRIPLE jackpot 1-7. Then when you get to the super jackpots... Him screaming SUPER JACKPOT and doing his hardy laugh. Makes me smile every time.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Sorry dude, I've only been a member here for a few weeks, didn't see it.

#26 12 years ago

I'm Lord Howard Hurtz. Who the ______ are you?

#27 12 years ago

My most favorite has to be Black Knight 2000 - "GIVE ME YOUR MONEY!"

No Fear's Skull has some good ones too, like "SECOND PLACE IS THE FIRST LOSER!"

#28 12 years ago

BSD video mode: "Listen to them...the children of the night." I quote along with my best Gary Oldman impression every time it comes up.

I remember being mesmerized when I saw the movie as a kid, particularly that scene...played a big part in me getting into horror and special effects / art. So happy to have the pin!

#29 12 years ago

- I like the "thank you me data" sequence in STTNG.
    - I also like the Martians and trolls comments on AFM and MM
    - I like the "you cheat dr jones" when you lock a ball without knocking down the targets.
    - I like the "hey look, your shoe is untied" on AFM hitting the flipper button in between games

#30 12 years ago

Besides what was already mentioned ( I think AFM is my favorite maybe) POTO has some hillarious call outs. I dunno who is doing the falsetto voice but its pretty horrible and to me that makes it pretty damn funny. Sing again! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

#31 12 years ago

WH20 - Get the extra ball, Ya Weiner!

TS - Use the flippers

AFM - Your the best ( its the way she says it

#32 12 years ago

"Send to Star Fleet, We Have Engaged the Borg," followed by red alert klaxons.

#33 12 years ago

"you can't take it with you" TAF with over a 20 mil bonus??

#34 12 years ago

Cyclone "Hey, You with the face!"

TAF "NO, NO, Thing!"

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from taz:

"Send to Star Fleet, We Have Engaged the Borg," followed by red alert klaxons.

Being a big fan of he STTNG series, I must say that entering the Borg battle was pretty memorable for me and still kicks ass!!

#36 12 years ago

Keep the ball, i have a whole bucket full. TAF

Back in my day we didnt even have flippers. TSPP

Worst ball ever !! TSPP

#37 12 years ago

Oh I can't forget the AFM girl saying "You know I really enjoy killing these Martians".

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wickedquickss:

Hey you!!! with the face!

+1

Also Cyclone:
    Getting Zilch on the mystery wheel: You paid your money you take your chances...
    Spook house closes: Blaaaaaaaah <v.o. drac>

Scared Stiff:
    Thank you boys...

#39 12 years ago

Anything on the Damsel ramp in MM is GOLD.

"Big Dragon... but I bet you're bigger"

"The rain in spain... ooh just save me!"

"Like...that dragon is totally frizzing my hair!"

#40 12 years ago

MM wins hands down overall but... The martian on RFM yelling "melons" as he chases after a big breasted chick is my favorite all time.

#41 12 years ago

BSD video mode: "Listen to them...the children of the night." I quote along with my best Gary Oldman impression every time it comes up.

I agree ,,, there's soo many Great call out's ... Killer.gifKiller.gif

#42 12 years ago

Female Voice in POTC Directed at Depp: "You are the worst Pirate that I have ever seen!"

#43 12 years ago

Scared Stiff:
    Elvira: "Ooh, I´m having multiple jackpots!"

Quoted from DarthXaos:

Anything on the Damsel ramp in MM is GOLD.

"Big Dragon... but I bet you're bigger"

+1

#44 12 years ago

MM: They took our wives! (cheering)

#45 12 years ago

Cyclones Hey you with the face!! was the first one that popped into my head when reading the title of the thread...

On AFM...It just bugs me when the martians taunt you with the you missed me haha!!
    and then there is also the one where when you hit the left orbit...the martian says ahhh WOMEN!! Then I have to hit that orbit again ASAP...because the next time he says AHHHH MORE WOMEN!!

On SM when you loose the ball during the ball save, and he says heres your ball back don't ask me again...or when you are in Doc Ock MB, and you loose the ball he says 8 arms maybe he should be playing the game...

Congo when you light one of the top roll over lanes that spell AMY at some point Amy says, I want green drop drink...

Bad Cats when you light the top roll over lanes a girl says ooohhhh nice toy!! and then gotta love the meow meow meow when you go around the center ramp...and the grooowwwwllll when you go around the tiger ramp!!

There are a few others that are cool..... but I figure that is enough for now!!

Phoebe

#46 12 years ago

If ya leave a ball in the shooter lane on fishtales, a guy says "you gonna talk, or ya gonna fish?!"

#47 12 years ago

Will you look at the size of that cow!? (AFM)

Super Jackpot, Baby! (Wolfman on MB)

I also like the spinner sound on MB for some reason.

#48 12 years ago

TFTC - as soon as you start the game the Crypt Keeper says "behold the man with three balls!".

#49 12 years ago

TSPP has a bunch too.

10% off expired milk!

Ahh, can someone check the bathroom for a Hugh Jass?

Ha! Ha!

Well the Flash, you are not!

#50 12 years ago

SST- If you don't do your job, I'll kill you myself!!

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-in-your-opinion-are-the-best-pinball-call-outs-ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.