(Topic ID: 10841)

What games have the best pop-bumper action?

By Dewey68

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Ronnie1114
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1203141754a.jpg
image-6.jpg
image-12.jpg
firepower2.jpg
DSC01632.jpg
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

Slick Chick.

#52 11 years ago

im, tf. sterns got the fastest pb action.

#53 11 years ago

Stern games have good bumpers action. WWF is good if maintained, HS and T2 are fun too. My LAH's are pretty lazy so is the spinner, the ball tend to roll around them...

#54 11 years ago

StratoFlite/SuperFlite.

#55 11 years ago

WW 6 of em

#56 11 years ago

Whirlwind, with 6 bumpers that have an interesting lit/flashing scoring scheme. AC/DC because the bumpers are frickin fast!

#57 11 years ago

T2! I love the associated gun shot sounds. A long pop bumper sequence sounds like all hell is breaking loose! Awesome.

#58 11 years ago

Timewarp (early SS) has five pop bumpers at the top of the PF that can produce some nicely frantic and chaotic action. They aren't a threat like the Beast Lair pop on Paragon, but they're fun nonetheless.

-Steve

#59 11 years ago

Congo for sure hippo trail had a 1min plus in there...

#60 11 years ago

HSII has some really fast bumber action with all the rubber up there too.

#61 11 years ago

#62 11 years ago

whirlwind! 2 sets that have a good scoring system and the top set often bounces back and forth between the wall and can hit the drop down up there. Really well positioned to impact the game.

#63 11 years ago

Quack, quack! Ripley's has good pop bumper action both on the top (3) and left side (3).

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from pdman:

Gottlieb's Volcano has Pops right above the left and right slingshots.

The Gottlieb Volcano is absolutely insane when the ball gets wrapped up on the pop bumpers, side kicker and slings. It becomes an uncontrollable nuclear reaction with multi-ball when the balls get involved with the pop bumpers.

#66 11 years ago

Pin-Bot They can really get going in there right before it shoots it out the side drain.

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Whirlwind! 2 sets that have a good scoring system and the top set often bounces back and forth between the wall and can hit the drop down up there. Really well positioned to impact the game.

I dont know, the lower pressure jets rarely get hit on mine. Maybe 2 or 3 hits when shooting the SE right Orbit before spitting it out. But I agree on the High Pressure ones, those are a load of fun.

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

I have seen the pop bumpers on a Bride of Pinbot simply fly as they were amazingly fast!

Yeah, there are many a time that ball flew out of the pops, past that gate and straight down the middle with no time to nudge on mine.

#70 11 years ago

Of the 8 machines in my collection Space Shuttle has the best pop action. With that tight area the ball can sometimes keep active for quite some time. With ablaze_f%$#brights in the pops the light show is always a treat!

#71 11 years ago

My GnR's bumpers get crazy

#72 11 years ago

I gotta go with Slick Chick too. Awesome pop bumper action.

#73 11 years ago

my Elvira party monster hit pretty hard sometime the bal just sit there and gets hammered

#74 11 years ago

Holy Lazarus thread, Batman! It was mentioned before, but my NGG pops were nuts! It seemed like it was made more impressive with their odd location.

#75 11 years ago

My votes go to Avatar and Congo.

#76 11 years ago

The pops in Silverball Mania can get pretty manic at times.

Super Star (Williams EM) has a cluster of 4 that provide some really good action.

Waiting to see how the four on Firepower I just rebuilt react...

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Holy Lazarus thread, Batman! It was mentioned before, but my NGG pops were nuts! It seemed like it was made more impressive with their odd location.

Yes, the classic threads never die!

It is amazing what a difference adjusting your pop switches will do too, as others have mentioned here. When I got my LOTR the left bumper was not very lively. After adjusting the switch it's much easier to get Boromir now.

I still vote Taxi though, gonna miss that game.

#78 11 years ago

It's been mentioned, but nothing quite compares to Bride of Pinbot. The pop action you get is absolutely crazy. Tons of hits, super fast, and really satisfying.

#79 11 years ago

WPT shoots the ball out of the poker corner right into the pop bumpers which is cool.

#80 11 years ago

Best in some other way: CFTBL.

One of the few DMD era games with really meaningful bumpers to get that Super Jackpot lit.

#81 11 years ago

I don't think anybody has mentioned it yet, but the pops on Sopranos have a ton of action. Second would be BSD, then T2, then AFM.

I think the pops on JD are so fast you don't even know they're there. LOL

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

In many games I have seen the pops simply needed to be rebuilt to obtain the fast action again. The wafers tend to get chewed up and they become non-responsive. Not exactly what you asked about but rebuilding them can really change the gameplay.

It is all in the set up and adjustment, you can tune them to where they blow the bodies off the PF.
When I rebuild pops I use Gott yokes, stamped steel instead of the pot metal junk.

#83 11 years ago

This thread needs more videos as supporting evidence.

#84 11 years ago

Gottlieb Gladiators. Awesome pop action.
They can be disabled with flipper buttons. If you nudge you can keep the ball up there forever and a day.

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

TAF love when the ball goes crazy in the graveyard.

I AGREE 100% I am not the biggest fan of Pop bumpers but Adams Family did it right!

#86 11 years ago

Of the games I've owned, I would say that TAF, TZ and TSPP had the most action. TAF and TZ seemed to have the most "speed" where TSPP just has the ability to hang onto the ball for a long time.

#87 11 years ago

Guys, why are we still talking about this? I already told you that it's Bride of Pinbot. Case forever closed. Smug know-it-all emoticon.

#88 11 years ago

The Shadow

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

where TSPP just has the ability to hang onto the ball for a long time.

TSPP does have the nice habit of occasionally throwing the ball up the left loop for a Cletus kid award.

#91 11 years ago

They must be in the sanctum or something... Can't see mine.

4 weeks later
#92 11 years ago

WICO Af-Tor. Watch todd tuckey's understanding pinball to see what I mean

#93 11 years ago

The two games where the pops are most important to game play and score are DW and BSD. The pops in those two games can make or break a big game for for many reasons.

#94 11 years ago

Indiana Jones (WMS)

#95 11 years ago

Here is one no one has mentioned! Ice Show. AAB of Ice Revue.
5 pops.

image-12.jpgimage-12.jpg

4 months later
#97 10 years ago

I just sold my Getaway: High Speed II and I miss it for the fast pop bumper action. Any ideas for a "budget" title with excellent bumper action?

#98 10 years ago

Best pin pop bumper action, Firepower in my opinion.

#99 10 years ago

gotta go with ac/dc on this one, very tight area, a lot of action and fast.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

I always get a lot of pop action in Space Shuttle, lighting USA over and over for huge multipliers.

That's my choice also, the ball just goes crazy up there quite often and I just stand back and watch. Sometimes I think those pops are gonna fly right out of the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 6.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 180.00
7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-games-have-the-best-pop-bumper-action/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.