Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I recently did a flipper rebuild and a playfield polish on my Roadshow and am NOT liking the results.
The flippers seem super strong now and the ball flies around like a bullet. It hasn't happened yet but
I'm afraid broken plastics are in my near future.
The main suspects now are the flipper coils.
Whoever wrote the manual must have been confused as there are two different coils listed. It says they should be the orange FL15411 (which are installed) but elsewhere it says to use yellow FL11753's. The latter sound a little weak for the main flippers though.

Has anyone ever used them or should I try something in between like the red FL11630's?

#2 12 years ago

Use the manufactures recommendations and go by the number not the color. Did you get the adjustment on the EOS switch right? Sounds like your getting high voltage the entire stroke...

#3 12 years ago

Good advice there from jrrdw... stick with stock configuration and check those EOS switches.

RS is a great game ... a favorite in our house.

#4 12 years ago

This is flitronics so forget your EOS points.

The manufacturers usually used coils too strong for the game. They knew they'd be dirty and not kept up.

Now the collectors usually take better care of their games. New balls, playfield cleaned and waxed. So often you can go a coil size weaker and still get good performance and not break stuff.

FL-11629 (blue) Strongest
FL-15411 (orange)
FL-11630 (red)
FL-11722 (green)
FL-11753 (yellow) Weakest.

LTG

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

I recently did a flipper rebuild and a playfield polish on my roadshow and am NOT liking the results.
The flippers seem super strong now and the ball flies around like a bullet. It hasn't happened yet but
I'm afraid broken plastics are in my near future.
The main suspects now are the flipper coils.
Whoever wrote the manual must have been confused as there are two different coils listed. It says they should be the orange FL15411 (which are installed) but elsewhere it says to use yellow FL11753's. The latter sound a little weak for the main flippers though.
Has anyone ever used them or should I try something in between like the red FL11630's?

Flipper coil strength table...
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Flipper_Problems

Roadshow is a FlipTronics game. The EOS switches have nothing to do with stroke power. The game will play the same with them forced closed or with them completely missing. Here is a description of how WPC FlipTronics games work...

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#WPC_FlipTronics_I_.26_II_Boards

Your choices are slim...weaker flippers or risky play...
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball.htm
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#7 12 years ago

you could try increasing the rear of the playfield by a degree or two

#8 12 years ago

Ok, so I'll order some FL-11630's and see how they do. Thanks for the help!

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from JesseB:

you could try increasing the rear of the playfield by a degree or two

That would help a little but would speed the ball up going downhill and make the game more
difficult. And with my flipper skills difficulty is not something I need to increase.

2 weeks later
#10 12 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The manufacturers usually used coils too strong for the game. They knew they'd be dirty and not kept up.

Now the collectors usually take better care of their games. New balls, playfield cleaned and waxed. So often you can go a coil size weaker and still get good performance and not break stuff.

So, I got to install the red FL11630 coils last week and they work great. The balls are still easily making it up the far ramps but not moving so fast that my eyes can't track them.
Their power is PLENTY on a well maintained machine.

Thanks for the help, another case closed.

#11 12 years ago

Do you need to do anything to the boards when upping or lowering flipper coil strength?

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

Do you need to do anything to the boards when upping or lowering flipper coil strength?

My guess would be No, because it still pumps the same voltage to the coils. There is just more or less coil windings making it weaker or stronger.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

Quoted from fattrain:

My guess would be No, because it still pumps the same voltage to the coils. There is just more or less coil windings making it weaker or stronger.

I didn't do anything else, so that seems to be true.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

No.

LTG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weapons-of-pindestruction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.