(Topic ID: 53754)

We need a new horror themed pin..................

By o-din

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 202 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ff6b795ee57e813041c2fe6450e26576.jpg
    fe4096056bb99b3a0ee2b38b2d14eef8.jpg
    f222537b35e9e1d427a89518c98d54a0.jpg
    a3542eede9c593270fab061bcfb01ac2.jpg
    a20ac1fe7781930068052afa628c0b53.jpg
    0e48eb7a65064b416bb92da0079b9c03.jpg
    362b12b14adc33eaae524052790e09ef.jpg
    5f7065a926517cf769a306b55b210f8e.jpg
    77a871c71369f6cf9cdd24eb394de0cd.jpg
    chucky.gif
    download_(1).gif
    YFKN.jpg
    inspector-kemp.gif
    Marty.gif
    YF.jpg
    phantasm4.jpg
    There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 10 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

A bit outdated, but I always thought that "Wicked City" would have made an awesome horror pinball!
    » YouTube video

Reminds me of the movie "Teeth"

#152 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

» YouTube video

Possibly inspired from the movie. Wicked City came out in 1989.

#153 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Too dark a theme!

Yowza !!!!!!!!
    -
    -
    -

-
    Maybe a mode where he comes to your house and takes your guns and Bibles?

#154 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Teeth . Ha Ha ! Wasn't that movie supposed to be a comedy ?

#155 10 years ago

What about Tremors? You could shoot the ball in one end of the worm and have it come out the other end...

#156 10 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Actually, President Clinton would have made for a more fun machine.... Just think all the great stuff you could have:

A Monica head (think Rudy from Funhouse) "Gulp!"
    Plunger could shaped like a cigar
    Intern Multi-ball! Which would be ended by....
    (Think TAF) Hillary's hand could reach out and steal your balls
    Etc.

Actually made me lol....

#157 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

As long as Cheech is in in

Wouldnt have it any other way.

#158 10 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

I've always loved the Spawn comics. Kinda wonder why they never rebooted that one.

They absolutely need to reboot Spawn. Way more deserving of a reboot over Spider Man; which was really too soon.

#159 10 years ago

I think Saw is an excellent idea, think of the great modes you can have and if you fail showing gruesome dismemberment on the new color dmd display the size of WOZ. Make TFTC look like a choirboy.

But if memory serves, I think all the horror related pins done had a big humor element to it, the marketing boys probably figuring a real horror pin wouldn't go over well with people at bars wanting a good laugh. Though I haven't played Freddy.

#160 10 years ago

I think Saw is an excellent idea, think of the great modes you can have and if you fail showing gruesome dismemberment on the new color dmd display the size of WOZ. Make TFTC look like a choirboy.

But if memory serves, I think all the horror related pins done had a big humor element to it, the marketing boys probably figuring a real horror pin wouldn't go over well with people at bars wanting a good laugh. Though I haven't played Freddy.

#161 10 years ago

If we are really talking about a scary horror theme that keeps the adults and the children up at . . . irs-scary.jpgirs-scary.jpg

#162 10 years ago
    Quoted from aberdeentp:

But if memory serves, I think all the horror related pins done had a big humor element to it

BSD has zero humor at all . . . although I do get a laugh hearing the chick scream on the outlane multiplier.

#163 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

talking about a scary horror theme that keeps the adults and the children up at

A hand comes outta the coin box and rips your wallet away. then punches ya in the ...

#164 10 years ago

A hand comes outta the coin box and rips your wallet away. then punches ya in the ...

Seriously, I think the toys and special features you could have for this horror game could be really creepy. Occasionally, for the rout operators, people could put their money in and get absolutely nothing out of the machine at all.

IRS2.jpgIRS2.jpg

#165 10 years ago

In this homogenized world we now live in, a good horror themed pin may never materialize. But lets not let that interrupt a good nights sleep.

trilogy-of-terror-1.jpegtrilogy-of-terror-1.jpeg

#166 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

BSD has zero humor at all . . . although I do get a laugh hearing the chick scream on the outlane multiplier.

I don't know about ZERO humor....Fluffy the Vampire gets a chuckle out of my guests when they play it....

Doc

#167 10 years ago

Haunted House 2 gets my vote.

1. A REAL attic area in the backbox kind of like banzai run

2. A basement area with pop up drop target ghosts you have to beat to get to a "boss" ghost behind them

3. Lightning multiball mode with shaker motor that uses the shaker to move the ball around or something cool like that.

Has potential....would really like to see something out of control with this theme....not just some zombie crap. zombies are played out right now....

#168 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I forgot about that one, but by today's standards that is g rated horror, but the gruesome type gore movies today might be a tough sell for a pinball without humor.

#169 10 years ago

Phantasm_Sentinel.jpgPhantasm_Sentinel.jpg phantasm4.jpgphantasm4.jpg

#170 10 years ago

I would love a retro-themed pin based on the original Night of the Living Dead. Although, The Walking Dead is probably the most likely one to appear. Basing it on the comics would be a cool and more timeless look.

#171 10 years ago

Phantasm would be cool. After the last drain the tall man calls out- "You play a good game boy, but
    now you die".

#172 10 years ago

Insidious could make a good horror themed pin, especially with the sequel coming out.

#174 10 years ago

Anyone mention Young Frankenstein? Can't go wrong with Mel Brooks!

YF.jpgYF.jpg

#175 10 years ago

Young Frankenstein is awesome. Just watched it over the weekend and it's classic.

"My Grandfathers work was Doo Doo!"

Marty.gifMarty.gif

#176 10 years ago

"Ve had better confeerm the fect that Yungk Frankenstein is, indeed, vollowing in his grandfather's vootshtops! Vollowing in his grandfather's vootshtops. Vootshtops, vootshtops! I think vhat is in order is for me to pay a little visit on ze good doctor undt to have a nice, quiet shet."

inspector-kemp.gifinspector-kemp.gif

#177 10 years ago

Knocker coil fires... "WHAT KNOCKERS!"

The game writes itself.

#178 10 years ago

Knocker coil fires... "WHAT KNOCKERS!"
    The game writes itself.

Agreed! Love that scene

YFKN.jpgYFKN.jpg

#179 10 years ago

"Ve had better confeerm the fect that Yungk Frankenstein is, indeed, vollowing in his grandfather's vootshtops!

Watched that damn GIF 20 minutes waiting for it to move!!

download_(1).gifdownload_(1).gif

#181 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Yowza !!!!!!!!
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Maybe a mode where he comes to your house and takes your guns and Bibles?

which reminds me of the movie. Nude Nuns with big guns.

Yes it's a real movie.

#182 10 years ago

C'mon Stern...Horror theme please!

#183 10 years ago
    Quoted from thunderking50:

C'mon Stern...Horror theme please!

I was thinking more like JJP.

#184 10 years ago

I don't think Jack will do Horror....at least not the way we would want it...

#185 10 years ago

Phantasm... with a ball smacking into a "Rudy" type forehead and blood spurting by the bucket full. Yeah, we'd do that! But ya' gotta clean up your own playfield after that mode. Lol..!

Another Haunted House type game is a no brainer. Soooo much cool stuff you could do there!

#186 10 years ago

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Not really horror, but plenty of toys, clips, and action possabilities

Imagine a mini Nautilus. Octopus, etc...

#187 10 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Phantasm... with a ball smacking into a "Rudy" type forehead and blood spurting by the bucket full. Yeah, we'd do that! But ya' gotta clean up your own playfield after that mode. Lol..!
    Another Haunted House type game is a no brainer. Soooo much cool stuff you could do there!

Ya,kids and adult love Horror...would be a hit in Arcade!!!

#188 10 years ago
    Quoted from DarkWizard:

See Capt Nemo machine...

#189 10 years ago
    Quoted from DarkWizard:

Not really horror, but plenty of toys, clips, and action possabilities
    Imagine a mini Nautilus. Octopus, etc...

There's also 'Verne's World' with a 20,000 Leagues themed backglass. It's been done.

Brian

#190 10 years ago

Has Nemo been released?

#191 10 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

There's also 'Verne's World' with a 20,000 Leagues themed backglass. It's been done.

Brian

Yeah I didn't even know this game existed until I played it at my friends house a week and a half ago . Kind of weird and scoring seemed unusual , But some cool shots (although the ramp near the middle was death if you hit the post just to the right of it ). Definently an interesting pin glad I got a chance to play it .

#192 10 years ago

Phantasm would be awesome! I wish they would make just one more movie. I really thought that series had some legs to it but it just wasn't pursued (it could have been equivalent long term to Hellraiser in my view).

#193 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Has Nemo been released?

Nope - Antonio is still waiting for the playfields from Mirco's.

#194 10 years ago

The Night Gallery or Tales From The Darkside as well for choices but my number one is still Castlevania!

#195 10 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

"Ve had better confeerm the fect that Yungk Frankenstein is, indeed, vollowing in his grandfather's vootshtops! Vollowing in his grandfather's vootshtops. Vootshtops, vootshtops! I think vhat is in order is for me to pay a little visit on ze good doctor undt to have a nice, quiet shet."

Sign me up for a Young Frankenstein pin. I can't believe I didn't think of it

#196 10 years ago

So...when is that Horror theme coming out ???

#198 10 years ago

A non-movie themed horror pin would really be best. The movie tie-in has been done-some with success (TAF), some not (TFTC). I;d think a simple haunted house type pin would kick ass. Just my .02, though.

Doc

3 weeks later
    #199 10 years ago

No "SAW" in the poll thread ...... time to sulk

1 year later
    #200 9 years ago
    Quoted from MagicMako:

I think Stern might do a zombie themed pin eventually (not Rob Zombie, just regular zombies),

Quoted from Spraynard:

Zombies are a theme that hasn't happened, and needs to. That said, a "Walking Dead" themed game seems like a no-brainer. It's a widely popular franchise, and is based on a timeless theme. Plus Zombies are hot right now. Right in Stern's ballpark, in my opinion. Zombie games on location would definitely rake in some cash.

Good call gentlemen.

There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-need-a-new-horror-themed-pin/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.