WCS cliffy bending up

By Kneissl

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I'm having trouble with my cliffy protectors bending up around the kickout holes in WCS. Anyone have suggestions that aren't permanent?

#2 11 years ago

Some double-sided 3m tape on the bottom side helps a lot. You may also have small divots where the posts mount to the PF, which would cause the protectors to pop up. The divots would need to be filled and leveled out with the PF.

#3 11 years ago

Seems like the metal goes a few mm inside where the holes start to descend, so they're getting bent down and warping the whole thing up. Double sided tape isn't cutting it.

#5 11 years ago

Cliffy to the rescue.

I see this a lot on forums. Check with the maker to give them the opportunity to make things right before posting on boards.

I am sure Cliffy will get you squared away.

Best of luck and enjoy your fun game.

#6 11 years ago

he's all over it.

#7 11 years ago

In all honesty, I just bought a set and am having the same problem with mine as well. Is this a common thing?

#8 11 years ago

better to email cliffy and let his superior customer service work it

Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:In all honesty, I just bought a set and am having the same problem with mine as well. Is this a common thing?

#9 11 years ago

I'm about to order up a slew of new Cliffy parts after my experience.

#10 11 years ago

I have this issue two on my WCS. I have bought a ton of cliffys in the past but the WCS ones curl up. I would love to know how Cliffy solves this.

#11 11 years ago

Just buy a roll of 3M 467 MP from Pinrestore--it'll come in handy on a lot of other pin stuff too (inside cabinet warranty stickers peeling up, ramp decals you want to save, etc.).

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

I have this issue two on my WCS. I have bought a ton of cliffys in the past but the WCS ones curl up. I would love to know how Cliffy solves this.

he would love if you contacted him

#13 11 years ago

Thanks Spudgunman I guess after you see the same thing happen on a dozen or so machines you would just come to the conclusion that its the nature of the beast.

#14 11 years ago

If you want help with a product a person sells and they are responsive as Cliffy is then it's best just contact them directly. He will know what the best solution is and/or what you may be doing wrong on install.

#15 11 years ago

i love cliffy, i use his products on all of my machines and i sometimes go to him for suggestions too...

but i really don't think there's anything wrong with asking 200 people who are familiar with the product, for advice online. it can only be more helpful.

it's totally possible that someone other than cliffy has had a unique experience with something that he produced, and that person might assist overcoming it.

-jon

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

it's totally possible that someone other than cliffy has had a unique experience with something that he produced, and that person might assist overcoming it.

Your more likely to find a solution to the problem by contacting Cliffy. As you see here there are no unique tips given out other then to ask Cliff. Kneissl contacted Cliff directly and was happy with the result.

#17 11 years ago

How about if Cliff just posts a suggestion on how to fix it for all to see? That would be cool. Then nobody would need to walk on egg shells.

#18 11 years ago

It's not eggshells it's a guy with a business and awesome customer service, there is no reason to have 200 people give advice to how or what cliffy should do with his business. Rather you have 200 people telling you what to do, and you are ignoring it.. It is a crazy concept that someone would run a business and have passion in what they do... Rather the advice your getting back is simply talk to a human .. Seriously try it, no one knows his product better.

What do you want these 200 people to say, there is a problem with the $40 stamped metal you got? That cliffy sucks, you should go to the competitor, it's a rip off? You won't get that because everyone else just called cliffy worked it out and is good. Seriously.

#19 11 years ago

I posted here cuz I'm used to the 'it's your baby now' support that comes with most products in general. Cliff is outstanding.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

How about if Cliff just posts a suggestion on how to fix it for all to see?

If I had one I would. I give tech help for tons of pinball problems from electronics to restoration and everything in between. I have zero problems sharing what little knowledge I have picked up over the years. So, if I had one, I would have.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

That cliffy sucks, you should go to the competitor, it's a rip off

see how i just cut what you said and made it sound like you were bashing cliffy, when read out of context?

your post does that too, to some folks just trying to be helpful.

the OP actually got sound advice from the very first response, and it's archived for anyone searching in the future. let the guy breath, get off the pile.

-jon

#22 11 years ago

Cliffy's the best.

+1

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

see how i just cut what you said and made it sound like you were bashing cliffy, when read out of context?
your post does that too, to some folks just trying to be helpful.
the OP actually got sound advice from the very first response, and it's archived for anyone searching in the future. let the guy breath, get off the pile.
-jon

I hear ya, but we already beat the horse by then.. I enjoy to continue to beat. It was dead 4 posts in, after that it was a Internet 'debate'

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

I hear ya, but we already beat the horse by then.. I enjoy to continue to beat. It was dead 4 posts in, after that it was a Internet 'debate'

true.

#26 11 years ago

Will the OP post his solution? Im about to install cliffys on a LAH with a beat up scoop and im concerned im missing something. I filled in the damaged areas so its level and smooth. Its the first time ive used cliffys. They look fantastic and cover all the damage so im pumped. Just dont want to have the same problem. They look so nice im going to order another set today.

#27 11 years ago

Let me just clear this up. I have a full cliffy set for WCS. The kickout holes only have minor wear no major damage. The issue with the kickout hole protectors is that they are secured using posts or screws unlike other protectors. To put adhesive or double-sided tape under the protectors is not a good solution. It's not like these protectors are 5 dollar items. I'm in no way saying that Cliff has bad products or bad customer service. I have purchased a ton of his protectors and will continue in the future. But when you see the protectors doing the same thing on a dozen different WCS machines one has to wonder if its just the way these protectors are on this game.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

To put adhesive or double-sided tape under the protectors is not a good solution.

ok, thanks

#29 11 years ago

Cliff is a great guy, if you have a problem, just contact him. He is the one to resolve it, and will quickly! Great guy

#30 11 years ago

My pin tech put one on the snack bar hole on CFTBL, but the ball started getting hung up in there, so I took it out!

#31 11 years ago

If the post that the Cliffys is mounted to has been over tightened and has recessed the PF, you need to fill that or shim it up with a very small thin washer. That will help keep the post from pulling the edges up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs-cliffy-bending-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.