Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140321_203045.jpg
VUK before 1.jpg
VUK fix.jpg
VUK before 2.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I was having issues with my Turbo Scoop VUK on my Indy 500. Besides the ball bouncing out of the scoop 8/10 times, the VUK successfully kicks the ball into the turbo only about 33% of the time. The other times, the ball only makes it halfway up the wireform. The ball must be hitting something and losing its momentum. It doesn't appear that the backstop is in the way and the wireform is secure with no movement.

After looking at the VUK from a bird's eye view, I realized the problem and the solution may help others with a similar VUK setup where the ball rests on a metal plate.

The reason the ball did not make it up the wireform every time is because it was not centered above the plunger tip. The metal had worn away towards the front of the scoop causing the circle in the plate to become oblong. This was caused by the ball hitting the backstop and smashing against the front edge of the VUK plate. I believe this also led to more and more bounce-outs. The red circle in the first picture shows where the ball *should* be sitting when properly on top of the plunger tip. I have put in a piece of target backing foam for now to help center the ball on the cupped plunger tip. The pictures explain the problem and solution....

If someone has a better long-term fix, please post with a description of the mod.

VUK before 1.jpgVUK before 1.jpgVUK before 2.jpgVUK before 2.jpgVUK fix.jpgVUK fix.jpg

3 weeks later
#2 10 years ago

hi , had a better fix with a cliffy protector (made for other pin ) cut in new shape and fix also the wood on hole .. will shoot pic and post it here ...
but my eject hole has no blue rubber stopper .. will make shoot of it to

after fix 100% shoots in the turbo...

mr tilt

#3 10 years ago

20140321_203045.jpg20140321_203045.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 17.50
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vuk-problem-and-solution-ball-not-making-it-up-wireform and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.