Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by tomdotcom
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 10 years ago

You made that look easy. Mine were not that easy. I was ready for the bat to break that's how tight they were.
    I wonder if different colors have different elastic qualities. I used red and black.

#3 10 years ago

I about broke my fingers. You did make that look easy! great job.

#4 10 years ago

I thought it was going to be a joke video.

Step 1
    "Here's how to install superband rubbers." - Show rubberless bats...

Step 2
    "You don't install superbands rubbers, that's how you do it."

Step 3
    "Install normal rubbers"

Finish...

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from hank35:

You made that look easy. Mine were not that easy. I was ready for the bat to break that's how tight they were.
    I wonder if different colors have different elastic qualities. I used red and black.

I've installed purple, blue and red on my machines and could tell no difference in their elasticity.

Of course, we can't rule out that quality control might be a bit wavering, and that different batches of bands might have different stretch characteristics.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Step 1
    Step 2
    Step 3
    "Install normal rubbers"
    Finish...

Heh, I might still end up doing that. (The jury is still out on whether I dig these things or not.)

#7 10 years ago

Have you seen the shaving video that is going around. It says this is how you shave your beard off. Then he says a second later. You don't shave your beard, that's how you do it haha...can't find it at work...it's funny though..

#8 10 years ago

I found if you put them in a cup of very hot water for about 30-45 secs and wipe them off quick they are much easier to install.

#9 10 years ago

I was putting them on the other direction (large side first) because I figured it's better to pull away from the post, not towards it. I'll have to try this method next time

#10 10 years ago

it really makes it easier with your method.

#11 10 years ago

I used the zip tie method. Put a zip tie on the band, put the band on the back/large part of the flipper, use zip tie to pull the band over the front, cut off zip tie, pull out from the bottom to move the band all the way down on the flipper. Of course I didn't have a handy-dandy video to watch before then, but it worked. Even my mom did it that way on her machines. (PS- clear looks good on Pinball Magic.)

I thought that I really liked them, but now I suck on NGG with the bands on there. Then again, it could also be that the other main machines I'm playing right now are Gottlieb and Sega, which have higher flipper angles and better ball control than Williams anyway.

#12 10 years ago

I actually put them on from the fat end to the slim end, but same way.....not difficult at all.

#13 10 years ago

Nice to see people coming together over such a tricky thing as installing a flipper rubber. I was pretty intimidated when I first heard of horror stories installing these things but with this video I see that it is doable for even someone as myself. Thanks for taking the time.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Step 1
    Step 2
    Step 3
    "Install normal rubbers"
    Finish...

+1

Haha

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Have you seen the shaving video that is going around. It says this is how you shave your beard off. Then he says a second later. You don't shave your beard, that's how you do it haha...can't find it at work...it's funny though..

#16 10 years ago

Ya that's the one, thanks SilverUni

#17 10 years ago

That's the Sauce Boss from Epicmealtime.com, those guys are hilarious

#18 10 years ago

Gonna use that technique with regular bands. Got a black eye and a blood blister on my thumb with the old way.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

Gonna use that technique with regular bands. Got a black eye and a blood blister on my thumb with the old way.

did you punch the guy back!

#20 10 years ago

Rock-n-Roll bands, that is.

#21 10 years ago

I'm surprised that so many people are having difficulty with these. I've installed more than twenty of them on various games starting with the fat end of the flipper. I had to put forth a little effort, but it's not like it required tremendous strength (trust me, I'm a weakling).

Your method looks easier, though. Thanks for the video!

#22 10 years ago

I also found giving them a quick stretch helped make them go on easy. Installed 17 of them so far, and changed colors a few times, so closer to 30 times without any problems. I also used your method but went wide to narrow end. Think it is a bit more stable that way, but it may not make a difference. Thanks for posting a video, may have saved some peoples fingers now that they can visualise how simple it is.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I also used your method but went wide to narrow end.

Same here, but I think I'll try narrow to wide next time. With my extraordinary skills, I'll probably slip and ram my knuckles through the lane guide plastics.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fatsquatch:

» YouTube video

This is exactly how I do it too. Easy as pie. Surprised so many people have issues putting these on their pin.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Same here, but I think I'll try narrow to wide next time. With my extraordinary skills, I'll probably slip and ram my knuckles through the lane guide plastics.

I guess the reason I went wide to narrow end was so I would not slip and be launched into the guides like you mentioned lol. You can also use a screw driver and keep your fingers out of it all together. I wonder if some day they will make rubbers that go on like a hat or I mean more like a condom. lol. But I would imagine that would be even harder to put on.

I gota say, I love these rubbers. I can't imagine ever using normal rubbers again.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Surprised so many people have issues putting these on their pin.

I wouldn't say I had issues, but they are definitely a tighter fight than old style rubbers. I was more afraid of my big ass sausage fingers mauling something up than anything.

#27 10 years ago

You sure don't want to slip and run your fingers into the ball guide when going from small end to large, lol.

#28 10 years ago

This is great. Just ordered them for my Shadow.

#29 10 years ago

lol you surely make it look easy, it took me forever to get mine on too, they are really tight IMO but look really nice and work great. I'm glad I got them

1 month later
    #30 10 years ago

No way these are going on my Centaur flippers. I'll try hot water tomorrow and report back.
    -mof

2 weeks later
    #31 10 years ago

Anyone have issues with these flying off the flipper bat? I just installed a red set on my TFLE and one of them shot off and out of the machine during the first test game. Hehe. It was pretty comical.

Last weekend I had used some novus 2 on the bats to get some of the goo off of them from the old flipper rubbers.

i just took some sandpaper to the inside of the bands to scuff them up some. Maybe they will have more grip. I dont want to scuff up the flipper bats themselves.

#32 10 years ago

I just put a Blue set on my STLE its funny now I can hit the warp ramp more consistently. The other thing I noticed is that it almost seems like I stepped up to a stronger flipper coil with these they really fling the ball!

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

No way these are going on my Centaur flippers. I'll try hot water tomorrow and report back.
    -mof

I got green ones on my Creature. After struggling putting on about half dozen sets on other games, I ended up doing it the way the video shows and I will never go back. Works very well.

2 weeks later
    #34 10 years ago

Two more videos methods to install Super-Bands(TM). Please ignore the German on the page.

http://www.pinnin.de/de/Pinball/Kategorien/Super-Bands/Super-Bands-FAQ/

#35 10 years ago

They seem to slip right off my Bally flippers on Centaur. Perhaps they won't work on old Bally flippers?
    -mof

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

They seem to slip right off my Bally flippers on Centaur. Perhaps they won't work on old Bally flippers?
    -mof

I had some that were slipping up on new bats. use some sandpaper and rough up the ends of the bats were the rubber sits. It should stay put after that.

+1 on the stretch the rubber a time or two before putting it on.

#37 10 years ago

I was putting these on lightning flippers and thought I was going to break something. I used none of the tricks mentioned, but I sure will next time!

#38 10 years ago

Sometimes they also slip up if the flippers are a little dirty.

Example for Centaur in red (follow the link and please scroll down):
    http://www.pinnin.de/de/Pinball/Kategorien/Super-Bands/Super-Bands-Beispiele/A-D/

+1 on the stretch the rubber a time or two before putting it on.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinNin:

Two more videos methods to install Super-Bands(TM). Please ignore the German on the page.
    http://www.pinnin.de/de/Pinball/Kategorien/Super-Bands/Super-Bands-FAQ/

I can see it now that 2nd video , the wrachet and socket slipping and smashing plastics

10 months later
    #40 9 years ago

sweet! about to try blue on my wh20! thanks!

1 year later
    #41 7 years ago

This video just saved my fingers, but I busted a plastic on a Vector before I watched it.

4 weeks later
    #42 7 years ago

I'm so smart I looked this up AFTER installing a couple sets...I was sitting at work noticing my sore thumbs from putting some on last night, and thought "I wonder if I'm the only goof that has struggled with those things"...

The few I've put on took me maybe 3-5 minutes of swearing, constant slipping off, and more swearing. I'm half tempted to pull off one of them to try this method (I was going from the other end)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-how-to-easily-install-super-bands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.