Topic Stats

• 2,573 posts
  • 810 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by red-line
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_144609 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 52.
    #101 10 years ago

I have a real pinball hauler. Not some rice-burner wannabe. lol

30ldmkz-538.jpg30ldmkz-538.jpg

A Chevrolet Express cargo van.

I can haul 4 pins and still close all the doors.

2 months later
    #103 9 years ago

I've fit a few 2-player Gottlieb EMs in the back of my Subaru Impreza hatchback but didn't think a four player would fit. Did a bit more Tetris playing tonight and found out I'm good to go for old Bally SS machines. Not sure if the dolly will get in there too though.

supersonic-in-hatchback.jpgsupersonic-in-hatchback.jpg

#104 9 years ago

I have a Toyota FJ cruiser and I can fit any widebody pin in it no problem. Perfect pin hauler.

#105 9 years ago

Will a WPC widebody machine fit ok in a Ford Flex?

#106 9 years ago
    Quoted from bluevegas:

Smart Car (not mine)

idst2t.jpg 27 KB

smart_versus_starwars.jpg 58 KB

Winner hands down!

#107 9 years ago

Suburu Forrestor 2011 fits a pin no problem with
    rear seats folded flat. gets about 24 mpg.

ron

#108 9 years ago

Thanks Fattrain.... I was going to borrow my father in-law's Chevy HHR to haul an Embryonic home.

1 month later
    #109 9 years ago
    Quoted from bluevegas:

Smart Car (not mine)

71987.jpg71987.jpg

Hah! I just saw this. This is ours! We bought a soundstage and had to get it home somehow, so we just crammed it in. Thankfully we've only had to do this about 3 times but we will have to resurrect it this weekend to get to southern fried. If you see the yellow smart car, say hi!

1 week later
    #110 9 years ago

Any XJ Jeep from the early to mid 90's will work - hauled a TFTC in it as well as a RFM (separately).

If you do a Pin2000 in an XJ, get ready to take the seat out. It is a VERY....tight fit.

#111 9 years ago

In case anyone is interested, I transported a newer Stern in a 2014 Honda CRV with extra room to spare.

photo-15.JPGphoto-15.JPG

Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

#112 9 years ago

Aw man... Outback won't work? :/

Need to find a decent mileage pin-hauling crossover that handles more like a car than a truck. The impossible quest! I sure wish pins would fit in a Mazda 3 hatchback... great little car.

2 weeks later
    #113 9 years ago

Update: 2015 Subaru Outback has increased cargo space. I haven't measured it yet, but if it fits it would be a great option to consider.

#114 9 years ago

Just picked up a Gottlieb System 3 (Shaq Attaq) with my 2013 Subaru Forester. Had to put it on it's side but still got it in there!

#115 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gerrard17:

Just picked up a Gottlieb System 3 (Shaq Attaq) with my 2013 Subaru Forester. Had to put it on it's side but still got it in there!

I think Gottlieb System 3's are the tallest games with the head down. I had to put games on their side in my old Saturn Vue and some in my Enclave. I've moved more than a hundred pins this way and never had an issue.
    88091-i-382.jpg88091-i-382.jpg

#116 9 years ago

Pins fit in my 2013 Prius C. I'll take pics next time I need to toss one back there

#117 9 years ago

Fyi, a Gottlieb 4 player em, Target Alpha to be exact, fit in my '74 VW Super Beetle.

#118 9 years ago

What about a KIA Sportage? A friend of mine just purchased one....she has to move pins....

(I assume a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited will work fine)?

2 months later
    #119 9 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

I got a 2013 Ford Escape, which hauls a single pin nicely. It's also a good ride with tight steering. Don't confuse it with earlier Escapes, which were completely different vehicles. Also, I am 6'6" and have plenty of legroom.

Craig, how was it loading and unloading? could you slide the pin and get the 40 split rear seat up? My dad has a 2014, but I haven't seen much of it yet. Thinking of a new rig, ford escape, edge or explorer, but the escape gets the best mileage w/ awd.

#120 9 years ago
    Quoted from hollywood:

What about a KIA Sportage? A friend of mine just purchased one....she has to move pins....

My GF has a Kia Sportage. I have picked up several pins in it, and the only issue was with Super Mario Bros (Gottlieb System 3, surprise, surprise). It BARELY fit. I had to shove the last inch of the game home (cringed as I did).

When I picked up Stargate, I used my mother's Honda Oddesey. Room galore.

Street Figter 2 I got with my black Forester XT, but it wasn't pretty (removed backbox and the center console). Now reading the latest posts, it looks like I could have just put SF2 on its side, doh!

#121 9 years ago

Anyone know if a machine like BK2K would fit in a Prius V SUV? I am thinking it will but still need to measure.

#122 9 years ago

Chevy Tahoe... Oh yeah!

IMG_6074.jpgIMG_6074.jpg
    #123 9 years ago

A System 11 (Rollergames) will just fit in a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Head folded down, back in first. The issue is getting it through the hatch. It's super tight on height, but it will go. Lifting the folded-down back seats just a little as you slide it in will help it move over the seat hinges. Using some cardboard or the like could also make that easier.

Other than the hatch, there's plenty of room.

#124 9 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Aw man... Outback won't work? :/
    Need to find a decent mileage pin-hauling crossover that handles more like a car than a truck. The impossible quest! I sure wish pins would fit in a Mazda 3 hatchback... great little car.

My 2002 will fit any pin but a system three with the head folded down.

#125 9 years ago
    Quoted from hollywood:

Unfortunately the KIA Sportage will not fit a pinball with the head attached.....she was pretty upset! Good thing I still had my Truck at the time!

#126 9 years ago

A 2005 Saab 92X (Imprezza wagon) will fit 2 early Bally SS pins with heads removed and placed on their sides, one facing front, one facing back, with back boxes on the front seat. I don't understand the strange looks I got from people at traffic lights on the way home LOL

#127 9 years ago

Any idea if a Gottlieb Sys 3 will fit in a Honda Fit without laying it on its side?

#128 9 years ago
    Quoted from hollywood:

Unfortunately the KIA Sportage will not fit a pinball with the head attached.....she was pretty upset! Good thing I still had my Truck at the time!

I have picked up 5 pins (including SMB and Joust) with a Kia Sportage (probably 2011 model, give or take a year). It will comfortably fit anything except a System 3, which is a little too tight, like I mentioned before, although I made it work.

#129 9 years ago
    Quoted from annointed:

I have picked up 5 pins (including SMB and Joust) with a Kia Sportage (probably 2011 model, give or take a year). It will comfortably fit anything except a System 3, which is a little too tight, like I mentioned before, although I made it work.

Maybe they are a different dimensions? My friend just bought a 2015 Sportage.....tried to load a CFTBL...definitely did not fit.

#130 9 years ago

I had two pins in a 2007 Grand Caravan.

#131 9 years ago
    Quoted from hollywood:

Maybe they are a different dimensions? My friend just bought a 2015 Sportage.....tried to load a CFTBL...definitely did not fit.

Good to know for pin-haulers. I just googled it and hers is a 2nd Gen Sportage (2005-2010), so from what you've experienced, it looks like the 3rd (current) Generation Sportages don't accomodate pins.

#132 9 years ago

08 Saturn Vue fits in williams nice and snug..........Joey
    image-365.jpgimage-365.jpg

#133 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Any idea if a Gottlieb Sys 3 will fit in a Honda Fit without laying it on its side?

Nope - I tried to put a Surf 'N Safari in my 2008 fit and it was about an 1" too tall. I didn't try putting it on it's side.

#134 9 years ago
    Quoted from noahpdavis:

Nope - I tried to put a Surf 'n Safari in my 2008 fit and it was about an 1" too tall. I didn't try putting it on it's side.

bummer

#135 9 years ago

Anyone else have a comment for a pin in a 2013+ ford escape or a ford edge? Looking to upgrade my DD. My current 2005 escape fits everything, but the new vehicles have the sloped roof lines and the rear glass doesn't open.

#136 9 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone else have a comment for a pin in a 2013+ ford escape or a ford edge? Looking to upgrade my DD. My current 2005 escape fits everything, but the new vehicles have the sloped roof lines and the rear glass doesn't open.

UHaul trailer! $19.95 a day.

#137 9 years ago

Rice burner!!!

image-249.jpgimage-249.jpg
    #138 9 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

UHaul trailer! $19.95 a day.

true, but that is when you have the time to line it up. There's been a couple times I had to run from work and grab one! I'm looking at the new explorer's....should fit no issue

#139 9 years ago

Vw Tiguan, oui o non?

#140 9 years ago

Anyone try a 2015 Lexus RX 350 ?

#141 9 years ago

Tiguan's hatch is an inch or two too short to fit a modern folded pin. Early SS and earlier pins with the head removed fit fine - cab and head side by side in the trunk. 2012 Tig at least, I suppose they could have adjusted it since then.

#142 9 years ago

Smart car
    image-150.jpgimage-150.jpg

#143 9 years ago

is that your rig concrete?

tuff one in rainy Oregon

#144 9 years ago

Nope not mine, I prefer a rig that doesn't do a wheelie when I put a pin in the back of it.

#145 9 years ago

95-01 Ford Explorers are the best pinball haulers around. I have a 96. It also fits most arcade machines!

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #146 9 years ago
    Quoted from marlboroman:

Anyone try a 2015 Lexus RX 350 ?

I've used my wife's '12 RX a couple times for WPC machines without a problem. I would assume '15 are about the same.

1 week later
    #147 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Will a WPC widebody machine fit ok in a Ford Flex?

I looked into this, as I'm looking at a new ford suv. The flex 3rd row has weak brackets. Heavy objects will break it. I've seen owners say large dogs even break. If you lay plywood down first to spread the weight, you should be fine. But yes the flex will fit a pin no issue...I'm curious if it can fit 2.....

#148 9 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Update: 2015 Subaru Outback has increased cargo space. I haven't measured it yet, but if it fits it would be a great option to consider.

can you check? The crosstrek xv won't fit one I don't think.......

#149 9 years ago

A 2013 Toyota Sienna will hold 2 pins with the middle seats removed. Both loaded from the back but the first pin is turned 90* behind the front seats, second pin was loaded back box first.

--Kevin

#150 9 years ago

I have a 2014 Outback and measurement wise it seems like a System 11 (Mousin Around) should fit. I haven't tried but I'll report back when I do.

*Edit - Close but no cigar, had to tie the hatch down, fine when transporting around town, wouldn't do it anything more then a few miles.

Post edited by VonBorakus: Finally got around to testing it out

There are 2,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.