10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Iamdarras
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Total game-changer.

Doc

#2 10 years ago

Holy $hit Doc!!!!!!!!!! That's frigging amazing!!

#3 10 years ago

Very interesting. But the video/audio quality do this no favors whatsoever.

#4 10 years ago

That is awesome!!!!!!!!! I want it!!!!!

#5 10 years ago

Never before have I wanted an Addams Family as much as I do now. I take back everything bad I've said about LCDs in pinballs.

#6 10 years ago

saw it at expo last year. Looks like they have made progress and looks like we will see it at expo this year in the current form???

#7 10 years ago

well. they know what machine to go for. With over 20,000 machines this should be a great seller.

#8 10 years ago

This opens up many, many new possibilities for ALL DMD pins, in my opinion. I mean, really when you think about it, the static display translite does nothing during gameplay. OK, maybe on certain pins, various lights flash when corresponding shots are made-woo hoo!
I'll get one of these for my TAF for sure. Now, if they can design one for BSD......

Doc

#9 10 years ago

Probably being Capt. Obvious here but there must be invisiglass or something similar on that pin or the glare would be brutal.

Interested to see the finished product and price.

#10 10 years ago

i saw it at expo. It was dope.

#11 10 years ago

Ok sign me up!!!!! NICE HOW MUCH??????

#12 10 years ago

This has really come along since the days of just the lightning on the screen with cool sounds.
I like where this is going.

#14 10 years ago

Call the chiropractor! Our pins just gained 50 pounds.

#15 10 years ago

The mods keep getting better and better in this hobby.

#16 10 years ago

What a crap video of such a fantastic mod. I look forward to seeing real gameplay interaction.

#17 10 years ago

Great possibilities. Much of added footage is an improvement.

#18 10 years ago

Looks awesome! Would you just entirely get rid of the standard dmd when using this. I think it would look better without it running underneath that screen. Maybe put a permanent mini Addams translite where the dmd goes?

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Looks awesome! Would you just entirely get rid of the standard dmd when using this. I think it would look better without it running underneath that screen. Maybe put a permanent mini Addams translite where the dmd goes?

Or maybe a diorama of the family

#20 10 years ago

Wow....very cool idea. I'm yet again amazed at the creativity out there to breath new life into these 20 year old machines.

Can't wait for the STTNG one! (come on- that has to be next no? LOL).

#21 10 years ago

Saw this at expo last October. It doesnt look like much has changed since then. Is this mod complete and ready for sale?

#22 10 years ago

Pretty cool. I think this works well with TAF because so much of the call outs are straight from the movie.
I wonder how much the price of TAF will jump?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

That would make absolute perfect sense..2 different animations would certainly be distracting...a static translite would fit in well where the current DMD is.

Doc

#24 10 years ago

I'm in! That's the game that got me started in the madness!

#25 10 years ago

I was just going to order a color dmd until I saw this. Who makes it? Howmuch?

#26 10 years ago

How the hell did they get the movie clip rights? That looks so sweet, but unless the game is always on, the back box is gonna just be a boring blank screen most of the time in a home situation. Great for location tho.

#27 10 years ago

This is great. I hope they can secure the rights to play the movie clips tho.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

How the hell did they get the movie clip rights?

Good questions and the original clips / sound it what makes it attractive.

It is pretty cool and kudos to the people that got it going but I would be surprised if segments from the movie can be cherry picked and played without seriously greasing someones palms if that is even possible. I read a while back what a hassle it was trying to produce new / replacement translights and LOTS of problems from the rights holders or actor/s.

I look forward to some tech details.

#29 10 years ago

wow...that looks really good

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

This is great. I hope they can secure the rights to play the movie clips tho.

We've discussed this here before. They pretty much sell it as a DVD player, you buy the DVD, and when you install it in your pin, you load the DVD into the player(behind the LCD) and that's how they load and play the clips from the movie. Kinda hokey, but legal.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

We've discussed this here before. They pretty much sell it as a DVD player, you buy the DVD, and when you install it in your pin, you load the DVD into the player(behind the LCD) and that's how they load and play the clips from the movie. Kinda hokey, but legal.

Thats a great idea. I would say blueray for better quality.

#32 10 years ago

Call me crazy, but what's next - animatronic actors popping out and dancing the mamushka? You guys remember the idea is to play these things right, not sit back and watch a show. That is what the movie was for.

TAF is my all time favorite, but this thing looks too distracting. I want to see the PF, and all the glory that can be enhanced there.

This works for new machines only for displaying different aspects of complicated rules sets, but this doesn't do anything for me, and takes away from the artwork when the machine is turned off.

I guess if there's a market, I don't blame them for doing this, but man, where does all this stop...

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

How the hell did they get the movie clip rights?

Probably bought a DVD.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I guess if there's a market, I don't blame them for doing this, but man, where does all this stop...

Hopefully nowhere.
Innovation is awesome.
No one is forcing anyone to buy any mods.

#35 10 years ago

Really Neat!!!

#36 10 years ago

Damn! That's impressive!

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Hopefully nowhere.
Innovation is awesome.
No one is forcing anyone to buy any mods.

I hear you, and agree that despite everyone's acceptance on whatever, diversity is a great aspect of this hobby.

#38 10 years ago

Awesome.

Show Time indeed.

Someone's going to sell a lot of product.

Not just for this title I'm guessing.

#39 10 years ago

I'm not sure what to make of this...why not show it during actual game play? Or does it not work yet? Won't it look a bit strange having it and the Dmd operating at the same time? And if the Dmd is still running, why not make it color ?

I just don't get it... That video doesn't show much. Whoever made this, show us more!!!!

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm not sure what to make of this...why not show it during actual game play? Or does it not work yet? Won't it look a bit strange having it and the Dmd operating at the same time? And if the Dmd is still running, why not make it color ?
I just don't get it... That video doesn't show much. Whoever made this, show us more!!!!

I'm sure the video is just to showcase where they are going at this point, as it's not for sale yet. Just a teaser.

As for the DMD comments, I think if they are going to proceed with this, they would be better off to come up with a new speaker panel, scrap the DMD, and do it all on the LCD, much like with WOZ. I agree both is a little too much.

One thing I'm curious about is how this fits in the backbox. That LCD has to be close to the board, REAL close, and it has to contribute heat. I would think you would have to ventilate this thing like a gaming computer, and be uber careful when taking the screen in and out.

I wonder how easy it is to be removed, as I'm in the backbox of most of my machines quite a bit, and that looks like a PITA to deal with in that aspect. I'm annoyed enough when I have to deal with the wpc95 backboxs and the light cases for those.

#41 10 years ago

I was wondering about heat, also.

This may just be my strange opinion, but for me the best mods are the ones that improve play factors (illuminate a target/outhole better... help to better identify a shot... more dazzle for the eyes on the play field). I'm not sure how this necessarily makes TAF that much better, play-wise.

Don't get me wrong... it looks pretty cool... but it's a radical change to the original and there's something to be said for keeping the original primarily intact (unless it's a Matrix conversion kit! )

#42 10 years ago

Tron could also be a great seller considering all the callouts are from the movie.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

As for the DMD comments, I think if they are going to proceed with this, they would be better off to come up with a new speaker panel, scrap the DMD, and do it all on the LCD, much like with WOZ. I agree both is a little too much.

Personally, I like it as-is with the integration of the old & new.

Down below: maintaining the classic look of a generic black speaker panel with the Williams or Bally logo combined with a standard orange DMD--or with the colored game-specific ones (TAF, CFTBL, STTNG, TOM, TZ, WH2O, etc.).

Up top: a straight swap of the translite for the LCD.

My 2 cents.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Personally, I like it as-is with the integration of the old & new.

I have no problem with both running either.
It is not all about the player anyway. They should be paying attention to the table anyway.
Nice to have something for everyone to watch while the game is going.
And Addams Family has tons of down time anyway, with locking balls, Thing, and starting multiball.

#45 10 years ago

Looks very nice... Great work!

I am in when it comes out

#46 10 years ago

Any idea of price??

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Probably being Capt. Obvious here but there must be invisiglass or something similar on that pin or the glare would be brutal.

That was my first thought. Glare issue would ruin that hole project. But if it could be worked out Killer idea.

#48 10 years ago

PRICE PRICE PRICE?

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

One thing I'm curious about is how this fits in the backbox. That LCD has to be close to the board, REAL close, and it has to contribute heat. I would think you would have to ventilate this thing like a gaming computer, and be uber careful when taking the screen in and out.

Nah, shouldn't be a huge deal. I've got a 24" Samsung that's 1.5" thick, and that's not even their thinnest model. Think of the distance from the face of the backglass to the back of the white backboard that holds the bulbs. That's pleny of room to throw that thing in there. Plus, from there, it's a straight shot to the vent holes at the top of the backbox. You may need to add a fan to help things along, but I don't see it being a major production.

#50 10 years ago

I want to see how it interfaces with the game or how the clips are indexed and called out.
It is a neat concept if its truly interactive.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultimate-taf-modanyone-see-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.