Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

21nidkl.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Farsight sent out the monthly update and is asking for donations to help fund Tz licensing fees lets pull together pinsiders and make this happen who's with me ????

#2 11 years ago

HELP NEEDED FOR LICENSING TWILIGHT ZONE!

We’ve received many requests to bring the Twilight Zone pinball table to the Pinball Arcade. This table was released by Midway under the Bally label and is unquestionably one of the greatest pinball tables of all time (in fact it’s currently #1 in user rankings on the Internet Pinball Database!) It was designed by the legendary Pat Lawlor (who also designed Whirldwind, The Addams Family, Safecracker, and No Good Gofers). After the commercial and critical success of The Addams Family table, Midway gave Pat complete create freedom with the Twilight Zone, and what resulted was a showpiece of innovative pinball design. The Twilight Zone is considered by many pinball experts to be the most complex pinball machine ever created. It’s a masterpiece! We’ve finally succeeded in negotiating all of the licenses we’d need to digitize the Twilight Zone table and bring it to the Pinball Arcade. Unfortunately when we add up the costs of each required license and calculate what we’d have to charge for the table, we’ve realized that the Twilight Zone is just not commercially viable. So we’ve decided to try crowd-funding the cost of the licenses. We’ve set up a Kickstarter project for the Twilight Zone pinball table (just the licenses, not the development costs- we’ll cover all of those ourselves). If we can raise enough money through Kickstarter we’ll be able to digitize the Twilight Zone and preserve one of the greatest pinball tables of all time. If we don’t reach our goal no credit cards will be charged, but if we raise more than our goal we’ll be able to digitize other licensed tables as well (like Star Trek: The Next Generation!) We’ve put together a tempting list of rewards to say “thank you” for helping out. Plus the top five contributors will get their initials featured as the default high scores for the table, immortalizing them as true pinball fanatics!

Check out our Kickstarter ste and video at:

#3 11 years ago

If this goes thru, what is a realistic expectation for the time the game is with the enduser

#4 11 years ago

How much is already donated?

#5 11 years ago

No idea all that was said in the email is they need 55 k to make it happen and if all goes well and they get extra money star trek next gen will be the next table and if they don't get enough money then no one will be charged sounds like a fair deal but 55k seems very step for a license

#6 11 years ago

Check on kick start, they were like 16000 out of 55000. I was gonna donate a chunk, even though I don't really like tz, still would like to play and have that open license for other games.

#7 11 years ago

Kick starter link

http://kck.st/KZ1rqR

#8 11 years ago

already at 18,500! damn thats pretty good. You get the table to download for free at the 10$ level (except on xbox 360 which sucks because thats my preferred platform.)

#9 11 years ago

What about Monster bash or AFM? I would donate for those. Are'nt they racking in the coin already?

#10 11 years ago

We. Need the Addams family also

#11 11 years ago

MB and AFM are already confirmed as upcoming tables.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

We. Need the Addams Family also

Addams Family's not happening. Raul Julia's family does not allow his likeness to be reproduced on anything anymore now that he's deceased.

#13 11 years ago

What no Addams family that sucks big time !!!! Guess I'm just gonna have to get the real thing

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

No idea all that was said in the email is they need 55 k to make it happen and if all goes well and they get extra money Star Trek next gen will be the next table and if they don't get enough money then no one will be charged sounds like a fair deal but 55k seems very step for a license

I believe the 55k is for multiple licenses all totalled together (character likeness, in game music, the actual name itself, tv show rights, etc.) In the interview, Farsight made it sound that many licenses needed to be acquired, and have been, (they just need to be paid for now) before going green and moving forward with the project.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

tpn2011 said:We. Need the Addams Family also
Addams Family's not happening. Raul Julia's family does not allow his likeness to be reproduced on anything anymore now that he's deceased.

That makes sense. Then again, making sense is not what most people seem to do these days.

Nothing like condemning someone's legacy to irrelevance to honor their memory!

#16 11 years ago

At that price can we get planetary involved and get the rights to pinball parts as well? Like a bulk deal?

#17 11 years ago

I think they really screwed up by not initially offering prize levels between $10 and $100. I don't know if people can change their donations now, but how many of the people that pledged $10 at the beginning would've pledged $25-50 based on the current prizes?

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from McSquiggins:

I think they really screwed up by not initially offering prize levels between $10 and $100. I don't know if people can change their donations now, but how many of the people that pledged $10 at the beginning would've pledged $25-50 based on the current prizes?

I think you can increase your donation if you want, they dont even charge your credit card until the goal has been met. They said that if you had pledged at the 50 level before there was a prize you would get it, so I am sure it would go the other way too.

EDIT- Just went and donated myself, and you can increase your donation at any time.

#19 11 years ago

Then I hope the people that initially donated $10 see the new options before time is up. I assume most will be keeping a close watch.

#20 11 years ago

When is the deadline ???

#21 11 years ago

I am a big fan of TZ and own all of the Farsight tables. That being said, I think if they want people to donate $55,000 to the project, they shouldn't profit off this table. They should take the profit and donate it to charity or apply the profit to another pin that has expensive licenses.

#22 11 years ago

I haven't donated yet because you can't get a code for Xbox 360, my chosen platform. I also don't have any particular nostalgia for Twilight Zone. Yet, I probably will end up donating eventually, because in principle I just want more tables, and I want to support the possibility of licensed tables being added in the future. If it doesn't go over the top soon, I will probably kick in a few bucks.

#23 11 years ago

1,350 Backers

$38,553 pledged of $55,000 goal

22 days to go

This project will only be funded if at least $55,000 is pledged by Sunday Jun 17, 3:00pm EDT.

#24 11 years ago

Come on pinsiders this might be my olny chance of playin Tz

#25 11 years ago

$25 donated. Thanks for the link. Pinball Arcade has done a great job on the games they have done so far. Can't wait to see how TZ comes out.

#26 11 years ago

Love to know who donated $1000, and what happens to the money if it does not get to 55k?

#27 11 years ago

I am holding out to donate 5K on a real one.
You could always play it on your pc pinmame. I believe it is JPSalas's so it is wonderful.

#28 11 years ago

Pretty confident they will reach their goal. Donated ten myself.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Love to know who donated $1000, and what happens to the money if it does not get to 55k?

if the goal is not met, no credit cards will be charged.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

You could always play it on your pc pinmame. I believe it is JPSalas's so it is wonderful.

yeah...that's not the same thing.

i donated.

#31 11 years ago

Donated the first day, we still need about $15,000 more dollars in the next 21 days though to reach the goal...

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from GoBlue:

I am a big fan of TZ and own all of the Farsight tables. That being said, I think if they want people to donate $55,000 to the project, they shouldn't profit off this table.

They have families to feed, this is a business. Since the license fees are so much, they would never make this without people donating. After they pay off the fees, how else are they supposed to be paid for their time? The donations are not going to them.

Under your proposal, they would take the 55,000 and give it to the licensees. Work for a whole month to get the table scanned in and working, then turn all monies over to a charity. What about their mortgage, utilities, etc..., those bills don't go away.

#33 11 years ago

Now at 75%!

Also they picked up a TZ...

"We found one in decent shape (increasingly rare these days) at a fair price so we decided to jump the gun a little and grab it.
Thanks to you we're now less than $15,000 away from the goal. Please help us get the rest of the way there! The sooner we can begin, the sooner this will be in your hands to play, and we're dying to get started!"

21nidkl.jpg21nidkl.jpg

#34 11 years ago

I may have to donate now that my TZ is gone. I'm not missing it... yet.

I hope they mod the game out when they make it.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I may have to donate now that my TZ is gone. I'm not missing it... yet.

Funny, cause I am missing your TZ already

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

davewth said:I may have to donate now that my TZ is gone. I'm not missing it... yet.

Mike has one. Too much collection overlap in this area and i am fine with playing TZ once every few months now that i put 1000 plays on my own. It was fun while it lasted.

#37 11 years ago

just a shade under $45K in pledged donations now...17 days and just over $10K left to go.

#38 11 years ago

I don't even like TZ, but I may have to donate if it will open the door to the possibility of STTNG being done down the road.

#39 11 years ago

in for $10, why not?

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I don't even like TZ, but I may have to donate if it will open the door to the possibility of STTNG being done down the road.

i'm in a similar position...i have played TZ on a real table before and just never could get into it, but i donated on the first day because i believe in the effort of bringing as many tables to the digital realm as possible.

i'm hoping that after i get some time on the virtual version of TZ that it will grow on me...

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Whysnow said:davewth said:I may have to donate now that my TZ is gone. I'm not missing it... yet.

Mike has one. Too much collection overlap in this area and i am fine with playing TZ once every few months now that i put 1000 plays on my own. It was fun while it lasted.

says the guy that just bought one of the same games as I already have ...

#42 11 years ago

The Xbox 360 version of the Twilight Zone is now included as a reward!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-the-twilight-zone/posts/237312

#43 11 years ago

Aahhhh I was just about to donate 5 min before they posted that! Awesome

#44 11 years ago

This is GREAT news! I already pledged $10 and I knew I'd feel silly getting a free PS3 code (or whatever) and still buying it on 360.

#45 11 years ago

$100 and you get every platform you on pinball arcade on

#46 11 years ago

that is AWESOME news. i have already pledged, and would obviously pledge no matter if the 360 version was a prize or not, but for those that were waiting on pledging pending microsoft approval of DLC awards............this..is..awesome.

so glad they got things worked out.

over $45K in pledges currently...less than $10K to go. it looks like they're gonna hit the mark......this is fantastic news for virtual pinball players (and pin enthusiasts) everywhere.

good stuff!!!

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

$100 and you get every platform you on pinball arcade on

yup. i'm in the $100 pledge tier, but i would have (and did) give no matter the awards. this is a great opportunity to OFFICIALLY preserve a top rated pin in digital form.

very excited about this. good stuff all around.

#48 11 years ago

I threw in a few dollars, I actually have my own Twilight Zone and will probably never play the video version but want to support the Farsight guys.

#49 11 years ago

I had to donate too.

They are Soooo close! Lets get this done.

These guys are doing great things for pinball.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

says the guy that just bought one of the same games as I already have ...

That's called MB bait.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-pinball-arcade-donate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.