TZ Grand Champion Scores

Started 2 years ago by TJ141 in forum PlayingPlaying tips.


Forum » Playing » Playing tips » Topic

TZ Grand Champion Scores


Topic summary

  • Started 2 years ago by TJ141
  • 31 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from usmcss

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs





Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!



    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    What are some of your best TZ scores? I've been playing the hell out of mine the past week. My scores keep climbing, right now I'm at 1,360,058,880.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    1.95bill for grand champ
    like 2.87bill for buy-in

    oh yea...like 415mill for litz champ


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    2.4 bill, buy in turned off. What are your out posts set at? Mine are both in the middle.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Jesse Howard put up a 9,994,646,100 on mine. No buy ins. Posts forward - as it came from the factory.

    He tilted it so it wouldn't role over.

    Apparently with the ROM revision in it, he could have kept going.

    LTG


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    I am at 2.004 billion. Only 360 for LITZ. Have never done well in LITZ. I feel higher scores are in my future!! I am stunned by 9.9 billion. There must be something I don't understand about the scoring......
    Please share the scoring secrets!


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    LTG said:

    Jesse Howard put up a 9,994,646,100 on mine. No buy ins. Posts forward - as it came from the factory ...

    That's insane!

    My TZ is 3 ball, no buy-in, factory defaults except for these two settings:

    1) Dead End Extra Ball Memory - Yes
    2) Outlane Difficulty - Easy


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    I'm somewhere between 3-4 billion for my best score ever, with no buy-in. However, I collected an extra ball instead of a replay, and the outlane posts were forward. This is the best I've managed over almost 4 years of steady play. I don't think I'll ever top 4 or 5 billion.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    .I'll have my Pict's up in Lil-while , the wife is Horney .. I wanted the nite off


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Um, how do you reset the scores? I'm new to TZ, and all the scores right now are from the last owner on mine. I'd like to slowly build up mine, rather than play for months before I get near his;)


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Unplug and take out batteries or reset scores in menu.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    GC - 3.25 B; LITZ -579 M


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    futurepinhead said:

    Unplug and take out batteries or reset scores in menu.

    Open the coin door and Press the Black Button to the Right for 5 seconds ,, Automatic Reset..


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Hmmm,,


    Atomicboy

    Pinball guru
    5,511,400 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    I have my two tops both just below 3B (erks me to no end), and my LITZ at 482M.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Atomicboy said:

    I have my two tops both just below 3B (erks me to no end), and my LITZ at 482M.

    I wanna see Proff !! I haven't been able to Top my LITZ score in almost 2 Yr's now.. You have to Beat the Power at Least 2-Times plus Everything else..

    gweempose ,, 426M is an Outstanding score for LITZ.. TZ Rock's !!!


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Nice score toby


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    My best, on an insane litz-twice-in-one-game run (3-ball, no buy-in):


    TomGWI

    Pinball guru
    6,598,200 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    1,656,595,260
    Too lazy to post a pic.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Hi score with buy-in, 1.5 billion, 405 million on LITZ, this thread has me determined to improve....some good scores already posted


    RGR

    Pinball master
    2,533,400 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Dont laugh but I intend on clocking this game by the end of the year


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Only 1.2B without buy-ins. I haven't owned it for very long. Can't recall what my best LITZ was. All my high scores got wiped when I installed the 9.4H ROM.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    I used to have a pic of my 2.6 billion, LITZ I believe was 400+ million. All my other highs were below 2 billion.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    BLACK_ROSE said:

    futurepinhead said:Unplug and take out batteries or reset scores in menu.

    Open the coin door and Press the Black Button to the Right for 5 seconds ,, Automatic Reset..

    The coin door button won't reset the GC score, though. You have to go through menus for that one.

    The score depends so much on the configuration. The machines with the posts that keep the ball from exiting the bumpers on the left side are WAY easier.

    Mine was 1.8B before clearcoating my PF, 580M in the ~300 games since. The CC completely changed the way the game plays.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    herg said:

    The CC completely changed the way the game plays.

    I have played CC'd games and you are right, it does change the way the ball moves. Not bad or good, it is different tho.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    herg said:

    Mine was 1.8B before clearcoating my PF, 580M in the ~300 games since. The CC completely changed the way the game plays.

    I recently clearcoated my PF too and I'm right around the same score as herg since doing that.
    My TZ is early production so it does have the two posts between the red and yellow bumpers. I don't know if this makes it much easier? Having the ball bounce out of the right side every time is also very unpredictable and I get a lot of drains down the middle from a bad bounce coming off the post nearest the yellow pop-bumper. The bumpers on this game are a menace. I need to find some old rubber for that area to keep the bounce down


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Pin_Crazed said:

    it is different tho

    I agree,On CC'd games the ball tends to glide on the playfield instead of rolling especially on hard shots from the flippers.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    I need to just keep the ball out of the bumpers. They are killers.

    The slot kickout is one of the biggest changes since CC. I used to be able to let the ball bounce off the right flipper and land softly on the left for a trap. Now, it usually hits the corner of the left slingshot and bounces unpredictably. I've taken to live catching on the right, but it's way more risky that the bounce pass I did before. I suspect that's one of the biggest factors in my reduced scores.


    Atomicboy

    Pinball guru
    5,511,400 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    BLACK_ROSE said:

    I wanna see Proff !!

    hah I can't, this was before I added the home roms about 6 months ago. I was holding off on putting the roms in forever, as I didn't want to erase my scores, and then I had my highest one, and though, damn, if I had done this before...

    It's only like 2b now, but I think the LITZ is since... I'll check. Looks like others have posted higher than me.

    No one's scores really matter though. I have played other totally shopped TZ's that play great just like mine, and so many things are just different.. pitch/angle left to right, flipper positions, waxed/not, that your high score on one machine may be way out of whack of what you would post on another TZ.

    (at least that's my excuse for not having the highest out of everyone here anyway )


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    I've yet to break 1B on mine... it's just so effing hard. I hit 1.7B at Jim Belsito's halloween party on my first and only game. His scoop and outlanes were much more forgiving for whatever reason.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    It Don't matter what Our Score's are ,, But it's Great to have Only TZ owner's on this Thread posting.. I Love my TZ , and It's a Blast to Play !! Congrat's Everyone B_R

    I Should start a New thread called " TZ Owner's Only " so we can Brag a bit !! believe i Will ..


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    herg said:

    The machines with the posts that keep the ball from exiting the bumpers on the left side are WAY easier.

    Not in full agreement there.

    I have done it both ways in my TZ and WH2O, and the number of slower balls that rebound off the rubber into the center drain is maddening. I almost think it is the reverse.

    But I will take out the star posts and rubber on my TZ, play it for a while and see if I have a change of opinion.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    1.7 billion. 3 ball, no buy in.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Does anyone have Buy-n Scores.. I have mine set to 1- Buy-n Only !!


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    MrWizzo said:

    herg said:The machines with the posts that keep the ball from exiting the bumpers on the left side are WAY easier.
    Not in full agreement there.
    I have done it both ways in my TZ and WH2O, and the number of slower balls that rebound off the rubber into the center drain is maddening. I almost think it is the reverse.
    But I will take out the star posts and rubber on my TZ, play it for a while and see if I have a change of opinion.

    Maybe it's all perception. Since I've seen a ton of left drains from the bumpers, I think that's worse. I've only played maybe 50 games on machines with the posts.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    I have a 3 something on mine. My brother put up like a 674 LITZ...no idea how he did it...hasven't been able to beat it that bastard!


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    So, probably a dumb question. It sounds like having the out posts all the way forward is the factory default settings for 3-ball? Is that correct?

    If so I'll have to move mine forward and repost my score =D


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    TheLaw said:

    I have a 3 something on mine. My brother put up like a 674 LITZ...no idea how he did it...hasven't been able to beat it that bastard!

    Whats LITZ?


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    BLACK_ROSE said:

    Does anyone have Buy-n Scores.. I have mine set to 1- Buy-n Only !!

    ditto. Sometimes I gotta play one more ball....Greeeeeeeeeeed.

    2.7bill


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    SDFworker said:

    Whats LITZ?

    I got this one

    Lost in The Zone


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    SDFworker said:

    TheLaw said:I have a 3 something on mine. My brother put up like a 674 LITZ...no idea how he did it...hasven't been able to beat it that bastard!
    Whats LITZ?

    The acronym for the wizard mode in TZ: Lost In The Zone.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    I knew my skill level was fairly low but this thread puts it in perspective. 1.3b, 285 litz (only made it a few times) Still, love TZ. Still learning. Very unique pin. Mine loves its new pdi.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    I DO have 1 ball buy in activated....as I believe it's the factory setting, and it's the only way I've ever played it, or seen it set up. I always thought it weird, because there is no "buy-in" score board.

    So what's this factory setting for outlane posts? I have mine halfway both sides....are you saying they are to be all the way open or closed?


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Atomicboy said:

    No one's scores really matter though....high score on one machine may be way out of whack of what you would post on another TZ.

    Yep. Saw one recently with some pretty low high Scores and thought it was going to be a feeding frenzy! Game set up different & totally kicked my ass like a child
    After 6+ years obviously my brain & body are wired to mine.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    TheLaw said:

    I DO have 1 ball buy in activated....as I believe it's the factory setting, and it's the only way I've ever played it, or seen it set up. I always thought it weird, because there is no "buy-in" score board.

    What version of the software are you using? There is definitely a separate set of buy-in high scores on 9.4H.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    So THAT is the reason to update the software eh? To be honest I never really looked into it because I heard it had a LITZ cheat which I didn't like the idea of.
    EDIT: Also it will not except money on that version? I like putting in money for some reason.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    TheLaw said:

    After 6+ years obviously my brain & body are wired to mine.

    I was reading an article about playing tournaments and I forget who said it but he said he does not like playing pins he owns in competition. He is wired to play his and others do not play the same and everything is off.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    I think my best was 4-5 Billion, all factory settings. I remember getting to LITZ twice on the first ball. It was crazy. I think after that game, I didn't touch TZ for six months. I figure it needed time to heal.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    PinballHelp said:

    I think after that game, I didn't touch TZ for six months.

    Go out on top!


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    TheLaw said:

    So THAT is the reason to update the software eh? To be honest I never really looked into it because I heard it had a LITZ cheat which I didn't like the idea of.

    It's a fun feature. If you have a friend or someone not really skilled, you ask them if you can hold the buy-in button for a second (I think that is the button), and on the next door panel they get, they find themselves in the middle of a six ball multiball while they crap their pants and you crack up!

    In an ideal world, e.i.


    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

    Finally have mine documented here. A shadowy comparison to some of the others but, the best I could do.



Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.





© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple