TZ and IJ (LED or no?)

Started 1 year ago by rai in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

TZ and IJ (LED or no?)

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by rai
  • 13 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from PT

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I am going to have my pins shopped with new components all throughout. I was also going to do a mod or two while I'm at it.

My question is, with these old machines what are the pros and cons of LEDs?

Is it a good idea to do selective LEDs, all LEDs or no LEDs? I read some older pins can have issues with ghosting with leds, but I am not sure if that is a big issue or not.

I am new to LEDs, never have seen any in action so I was curious if people think they are worth the cost, in particular for both TZ and IJ.

Is one pin or the other better for LED treatment?

-

Also what is the best mod of TZ or IJ. I already have TZ rocket, gumballs, and piano mod.

I was thinking the slot machine light.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Well from personal experience, I put superbrites throughout my TZ and have zero ghosting issues. In my opinion it looks fantastic with LEDs but I'm biased.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I have CT Supers in my IJ and think they look perfect. I had some ghosting issues but didn't once I installed the non ghosting patch. At any rate their non-ghosting supers will fix those few inserts which may ghost. I can send you the patched ROM and you can have someone burn it to a chip.

By far most of the inserts look best with warm whites IMO. I put WWs under the INDY, ADVENTURE, yellow, 5 characters and any of the mode inserts with white in them. That left very few which needed colors. I also used WWs in the backbox. This is one game where you can buy the 100ct bulk purchase and use them all.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I think IJ has a warm palette that looks fantastic with incandescents.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

IJ does look better imo with incandescents. I agree with Erik. Twlight Zone with LED'S looks great if done right.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Leds look tacky in older games. Maybe t2, dm and ss can pull it off. That's about it. Not a fan. Install track lighting above the games on a dimmer. Showroom quality, very nice. Solves the lighting issue and adds warmth to the games.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

This is one of those topics where there is a very strong divide. Some people love LEDs, and others absolutely loathe them. I could go on and on about how great I think my TZ looks with a full LED conversion, but at the end of the day, you're simply going to have to stick some in your machine and decide for yourself.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    gweempose said:

This is one of those topics where there is a very strong divide. Some people love LEDs, and others absolutely loathe them. I could go on and on about how great I think my TZ looks with a full LED conversion, but at the end of the day, you're simply going to have to stick some in your machine and decide for yourself.

+1 yip dead right,its just a personal taste and from what ive seen some machines take to led alot better than others (i guess this is what your asking)

Personally for me the less led the better

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

TZ look outstanding with LED's, do a search for coasterguy's pics of his as it is one of the best I've seen.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I say LED the TZ! A couple spotlights can't hurt either Of course, as other have said, it's all a matter of your taste.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I had leds in TZ and loved it.

Atomicboy

Pinball guru
    5,464,250 2
    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I've led'd both of those in my collections, along with every other game. Makes the incandescent lights look old, dull and boring.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Neither. Both look terrible in LEDs. Clean all of the existing bulbs and under the inserts and it will look great.

John

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple