Twister - who has this pin?

Started 2 years ago by Skyemont in forum TechTech: Generic.

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

Twister - who has this pin?

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by Skyemont
  • 5 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Skyemont

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

Skyemont

Pinball addict
    1,012,700 2
    2 years, 4 months ago
    #

Hello,

I have a Twister pinball machine. Right now both magnets do not work. I think i have a board issue. The lights on the board are suppose to work but do not. They stay solid and do not blink. I got a new chip (PIC16C54-HS-P) but was told it needed to be programed for the Twister pinball. HELP ME GUYS!!! Has anyone w/ a Twister experienced this before.. If so, what did you do to fix it.. Thanks alot. You guys are always a big help.

2 years, 4 months ago
    #

I do believe Goldeneye and Twister have the same boards.The reason is how Sega/Stern implemented this design. There’s a custom board under the playfield with a custom PAL chip. The PAL chip has its “fuse blown”, so you can’t copy the chip. Replacements are available from Stern, but are like $25 each. Unfortunately the chip/board is fragile and does go bad often.

dung

Pinball addict
    1,382,100 2
    2 years, 4 months ago
    #

I had a Twister, but never experienced the problem so I am not much help on this one.

Not sure who can program the chip, but they can usually be found on ebay pre programed.

2 years, 4 months ago
    #

I had a Twister 1 tyme,, and i will NEVER Own it again,,, Skymount ,, I have a CPU for Goldeneye that they sell at Mad for $ 400 + .. Do you need it..Might work in Twister

2 years, 4 months ago
    #

I've got a Twister that's actually in pretty good shape, except for the magnets not working. Sega put out a Service bulletin on a problem with them, # 91. I followed it and got the magnets to work for a couple of games but now they're out again. The bulletin suggested making sure you have the latest code roms; replacing a certain diode on the magnet board with two in parallel; removing a neon bulb and replacing it with a resistor. I also replaced the PAL chip at the same time with one I bought from E-Bay. Since it stopped working again I replaced the PAL chip one more time, but no joy. Fuses seem good so I'm not sure what to do next either. Good luck!

Skyemont

Pinball addict
    1,012,700 2
    2 years, 4 months ago
    #

Thanks to you all. I found a company in CA that had the magnet board chip already programed for the Twister. It should come in Saturday or Monday. I hope this is the problem. Thank you guys again..

Skyemont

Pinball addict
    1,012,700 2
    2 years, 4 months ago
    #

BR i will let you know about the CPU board. Sorry i did not call you back. Got home, wife had dinner, then the kids grabbed me to watch a movie. By the time i am free, its 12 midnight.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple