• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue with a switch in the upper playfield. It is the switch underneath the TV that starts the TV modes. It works randomly, but most of the time it does not, making it very aggravating to play because you are unable to start the TV modes and the ball is stuck there until the machine goes into ball search mode. Anyways, I thought the best plan was to just change the switch out and hope that solves the issue. Of course it seems like the most difficult switch to swap out. I have attached a picture of my issue. The switch is attached to this plastic piece which is screwed into the playfield. Does anyone have any helpful advice on getting this switch off the plastic without breaking it? It is on there so tight I am concerned it may be glued. Thanks1.JPG1.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Those little snap washers pry off and you can reuse them.

Before all that, hook a meter to the switch and see if it works, flaky, or not.

If the switch works, I'd follow the wires from it to the closest IDC connector and shove those wires in tighter.

LTG : )™

#3 10 years ago

So I finally got a chance to try and fix this and instantly hit a roadblock. Since the switch occasionally works I assume that the actual switch isn't the issue. I just have no idea how to follow the wire because it is so jumbled with everything else. Does anyone have any advice on how to follow and manage all these tightly organized wires? Also,it seems to always work in the switch test when I turn the machine on,but as soon as I start a game it stops working. Does this point to a bigger issue? Thanks

#4 10 years ago

Plenty of micro switches have made an Ass-out of u-and - me. Cherry switches are only good for xxx number of clicks ! Just change the switch and go from there .

1 month later
#5 9 years ago

I found that if the switch wasn't used often that they can get dirty, just sit there and click it about 50 times and even try loosening the 2 screws on the side a little bit and hopefully it will work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 218.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.00
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-switch-question-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.