• Latest reply 10 years ago by mot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo-461.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Just picked up a beautiful TSPP last week and needed some quick advice on the switch that triggers the mystery award in the garage and triggers the coil to fire it up to the upper playfield. Does anyone know the part number and is it easier to replace it from under the playfield or above by removing the upper playfield? Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=197

Way easier from below. Bracket is just 4 screws then you have full access to the swtich.

EDIT: Actually, it's only possible from below, there is no access to the switch's screws from the top...

#3 10 years ago

Right on. Thanks buddy.

#4 10 years ago

You probably don't need to replace the switch. You probably just need to give it a little bend. When testing, make sure that you test with a ball and make sure the playfield is at the proper angle.

#5 10 years ago

Very easy to replace. Order two of them, since i've read that the itchy and scratchy hole can also go and it's the same switch. You can try bending the Y and it'll work while you wait for the new switch. Mine worked for a lil longer when i bent it, but after a dozen or so games, it started acting up again.

Congrats on picking up TSPP, i recently pick it up also and i love it.

#6 10 years ago

I disagree. Once you bend that switch, it's days are numbered. This is the worst switch in all of pinball, it breaks often. I'd actually order 2 or 3 of them. Bend it while you wait for the new ones in the mail. Each time you bend it, it'll work for less and less time.

Quoted from mot:

You probably don't need to replace the switch. You probably just need to give it a little bend.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I disagree. Once you bend that switch, it's days are numbered. This is the worst switch in all of pinball, it breaks often. I'd actually order 2 or 3 of them. Bend it while you wait for the new ones in the mail. Each time you bend it, it'll work for less and less time.

Bending the actuator (metal part) properly (with needlenose pliers) won't hurt it at all. Put your thumb over where it connects to the switch, then use your other hand to make the adjustment. Often with a new switch in that location, the actuator needs to be adjusted right out of the package.

That switch does take a lot of abuse though. When you order a replacement switch, order a spare for later.

#8 10 years ago

A pair of careful, well-placed bends in mine have lasted a loooong time. And looking at the forces and the angles, I believe it's actually an *improvement* over the original flat design. That's my experience. "Your mileage may vary."

photo-461.JPGphoto-461.JPG
#9 10 years ago
Quoted from mot:

You probably don't need to replace the switch. You probably just need to give it a little bend. When testing, make sure that you test with a ball and make sure the playfield is at the proper angle.

I just realized that it stopped working yesterday after I adjusted one of the table legs. The machine was slightly lower on the right, so I made the back right leg a little taller. Oddly enough, in addition to the switch not activating, the ball is jumping off the monorail ramp right into the right outlane. Maybe I'll put it back to where it was. Still seems strange though that the ball is jumping off the monorail when the right side is higher than it was.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

I just realized that it stopped working yesterday after I adjusted one of the table legs. The machine was slightly lower on the right, so I made the back right leg a little taller. Oddly enough, in addition to the switch not activating, the ball is jumping off the monorail ramp right into the right outlane. Maybe I'll put it back to where it was. Still seems strange though that the ball is jumping off the monorail when the right side is higher than it was.

That is pretty unusual. The reason I mentioned angle at all is because I had a weird problem with that switch and eventually realized that a ball on that switch registered if I started to lift the playfield just a little bit. I guess there's a little wiggle room within that saucer back there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-switch-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.