TSPP settings

Started 1 year ago by hudson2212 in forum TechTech: Generic.

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

TSPP settings

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by hudson2212
  • 5 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from tomdotcom

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

hudson2212

Senior pinhead
    406,000 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I am having some trouble with settings on my TSPP. I do not have a manual yet, so any help is appreciated.

First off, if the score is too low when the player starts up ball three extra ball is lit. I have gone through the menus several times and have not figured out where to shut this off. I am OK with EB for a lot of things, but not for playing poorly.

Second, sometimes when I start up a game it starts the four player co-op mode. It will keep starting in this mode until I power cycle it. I know this is not setting, but hopefully it is something simple I am overlooking.

Thanks for any help.

sixsixtie

Pinball addict
    1,083,150 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

That's most likely consolation ball. Turn it off in the adjustments.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

The extra ball you speak of is deemed the "bozo ball" and you are completely right it is awarded for stinking. I am offended when it lights up for me which is about one out every ten of my games. I am not sure how to turn it off. The game has dozens of options and some depend of which version you are running. For example you can't reset the grand champ score unless you have V5. You can lower the default but not change the current.

I am completely stumped on your four player problem. Hopefully someone else can help.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    sixsixtie said:

That's most likely consolation ball. Turn it off in the adjustments.

That's the one. It's under Standards Adjustments menu, #44. Default is Yes/On.

The other recommended adjustment is turning Competition Mode to Yes/On to equalize random features for multi-player games. It's under Standard Adj menu #43.

hudson2212

Senior pinhead
    406,000 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Thanks for the responses. I am also offended to see that EB light up.

Still unsure about the four player issue. I notice that I have the version 4 ROMs, I need to get v5 and see if that helps.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

The only idea I have on the four player thing is like the other gentleman said - you may be on tournament mode. My game came with V3 and I updated to V5. So I don't really know what's going on in V4.

The V5 Rom set was $15 if I remember correctly. It took me about ten minutes to install and I had never done one before.

http://www.thatpinballplace.com/eproms/index.htm

I bought the ROM puller too.

hudson2212

Senior pinhead
    406,000 2
    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I swapped out my ROM, and everything seemed OK. Then last night it started up four players with one push again.

Looking at the front of my start button it has a crack like somebody smashed it with something. Now I am wondering if that switch is sometimes getting stuck, so I am going to replace it and see if my issue goes away.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Put it in switch test, and you can watch/listen to what that switch does exactly when pressed...

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple