IMAG1265.jpg
IMAG1264.jpg
IMAG1263.jpg
kkmod.jpg
tsPP.jpg
Simpsons_Characters.jpg
WIGGUM.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Is this cool or not? I can't seem to make up my mind. Please offer an opinion about the Chief Wiggum character I have standing inside of my TSPP. I haven't locked him into place yet and believe it or not, he doesn't fall over during gameplay (or at least hasn't yet).

I have already added the Moe behind the ramp and I put a gun in scratchy's hand (scratchy is the cat by the way). I love the Simpsons figures but I'm concerned that adding too many of them may make the game jumbled. What do you think?

WIGGUM.jpgWIGGUM.jpg Simpsons_Characters.jpgSimpsons_Characters.jpg tsPP.jpgtsPP.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Needs more Duff beer mod!

But they look good though, not too much clutter, definitely keep it you like it.

#3 12 years ago

Looks great

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Needs more Duff beer mod!

I agree as this is a GREAT mod by Nibbles!

Stack, how did you get the extra figures to stay upright, especially when the game is being played? Did you just find a tight spot for the figures?

#5 12 years ago

I like the Chief Wiggum figure, but not the Moe figure in your TSPP.

#6 12 years ago

I would love this pin someday

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

how did you get the extra figures to stay upright

I drilled a small hole under Moe and then attached him with a screw. The only downside to Moe is that he partially blocks the flasher behind him. I felt that figure was a must ad since Moe's is an important part of the game.

Chief Wiggum is... well... just portly. His figure stands up on his own. I figure I'll glue him in place instead of doing the screw thing. That plastic piece already has a lot of other stuff on it.

I am thinking of adding a Mr. Burns on the front left side; however, I'll have to saw off his legs to get him to fit under the glass.

The figures are Simpsons Playmates toys that were collectable about ten years ago. I believe they can still be had on eBay. When I bought my game the Itchy and Scratchy were just feet. I was upset until I realized that they were just the same things Toys R Us sells (or used to sell).

#8 12 years ago

How about Kang and Kodos? Ditch Moe and get the Duff Beer mod.

kkmod.jpgkkmod.jpg

#9 12 years ago

I'm not much into the extra figures myself, but I did use CT HP 555s red in the towers. Now they glow red when they light, as if they are overheating.

#10 12 years ago

"I'm not much into the extra figures myself, but I did use CT HP 555s red in the towers. Now they glow red when they light, as if they are overheating."

Hehe, I went with green because radioactive material is typically depicted with a green glow in cartoons.

#11 12 years ago

Here are pics of my second TSPP that I modded IMAG1263.jpgIMAG1263.jpg IMAG1264.jpgIMAG1264.jpg IMAG1265.jpgIMAG1265.jpg

#12 12 years ago

Duffman is kinda cool. The green Comic Book Guy is painful to look at IMO, though.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

The green Comic Book Guy is painful to look

+1 Although most Simpsons fans would recognize him by the Collector...

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/The_Collector

#14 12 years ago

How about Kang and Kodos?

Those look awesome! I have seen the flying saucer mod on eBay before but they were nowhere near that detail. Are those the Simpsons Playmates for Kang and Kodos? Can you post another picture showing how they are attached?

And where does one find that Duff Bear mod? I just checked eBay, found a beer mod but not Duff.

The Collector Comic Book Guy is too collectiable of a figure for me to drill, glue or otherwise attach inside the pinball machine. I do plan on giving mine a doughnut to hold. I really like the Duffman and almost put one back there, but Moe seemed slightly more appropriate to me at the time.

#15 12 years ago

Is this what you installed? It seems inapproparte to purchase them NIB to take them out of the box.

ebay.com link: Simpsons Tree House of Horror Kodos Kang and Alien Ship Homer Action Figure

#16 12 years ago

Worst...mods....ever.

Haha, J/k...had to be said!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17 12 years ago

Stack if you're interested in a Duff mod, send me a PM

#18 12 years ago

Nibbles makes the Duff mod.

I don't think those are the same Kang and Kodos figures. Mine aren't "voice activated."

Pictures of how to install them are here: http://pinballbash.com/forum/index.php?topic=11342.0
Maybe sc1f1 can provide more detail on where to get the characters, as I believe he was the originator of this mod. Mine came with my pin (uninstalled). Mine don't "bounce and wobble" as I used a couple of rather stiff pieces of coathanger to mount them.

I'm still searching for a Moe's Tavern lighted sign mod. I see pinbits is selling new side rails and backbox hinges with the radioactive symbol too. I may purchase these to cover up unsightly flipper button wear.

#19 12 years ago

Thanks. I sent Nibbles a PM. Your Kang and Kodos look VERY, VERY much like the first production run Treehouse of Horror Playmates. Those things are pricey... $60 is the cheapest I can find them but when you think about the price of pinball mods... that doesn't seem so bad. Just sad to pay the collector's NIB price for something I am going to take out of the box.

I bet there are a bunch of those things sitting in people's attics.

1 week later
#23 11 years ago

Just bought those. Thanks! I submitted an offer of $10 and it was accepted.

#25 11 years ago

How about Kang and Kodos? Ditch Moe and get the Duff Beer mod.

Attachments
kkmod.jpg (69.6 KB, 0 downloads) 1 week old

First things first where did you get Kang and Kodos or are they from an action set and you made them yourself?

Second I agree with Kwiki. I would like to see Nibbles duff mod instead of moe. just my opinion.

#26 11 years ago

I just ordered te ones off eBay for $10. They look the same a the ones Nibbles posted. I did receive hi Duff mod and it looks great! I may trade Moe out for Duffman.

#27 11 years ago

I need to check my crawlspace to see what figures I have. I'm a big Simpsons fan, so for a few years when these figures were in the stores locally my wife would get them as stocking stuffers, etc for me. I have a couple of the playsets that use the figures and their "voice activation". I don't think I have Kang and Kodos though. $10 is a lot easier to swallow than $65.

Boblobla, love your name BTW. Arrested Development was one of the best shows to ever air on TV!

#28 11 years ago

"First things first where did you get Kang and Kodos or are they from an action set and you made them yourself?"

They are bendable toys that the seller included with TSPP when I bought it.

3 weeks later
#29 11 years ago

I know this is old, but I think Wiggum looks pretty cool in those photos. And I like Kang and Kodos enough to order a set for myself.

#30 11 years ago

Thanks. My Kang and Kudos came in the mail from eBay but I have not gotten around to installing then yet.

#31 11 years ago

Less is more I think.

Its nice to see this game with 1 or 2 extra figures (like your Chief Wiggum or Kang & Kodos) but I dont like the tables where the owners have added Moe, Cletus, Maggie, Marge, Wiggum, Apu, Mr Burns, Duffman, Krusty, Sideshow Mel etc. (believe me I HAVE seen one like that) because it becomes too crowded IMO.

#32 11 years ago

Wiggum looks good.

It would be nice to see some other mods for TSPP, but I agree it is a busy machine. I would really like to see two new mod's.

A new sign for Moe's tavern... either a picture of the tavern or maybe an image of the flaming Moe (there are some good images on the next)

Next... there has got to be something cooler that we can do with the monorail. That little sticker on the side is just not cutting it.... Maybe light up the sticker with EL Lamp and give it some animation ? How about adding actual monorail models somehow (not sure how to mount, if they were small they could hang)..... how about the ball rides in an actual monorail that goes back and forth.... no idea how to that though.

#33 11 years ago

Duffman is kinda cool. The green Comic Book Guy is painful to look at IMO, though.

I put The Collector in mine as well. The standard CBG seemed very dull to me, plus you are collecting tapes so the theme seemed to fit. Plus I also switched out stunt man Bart with Bartman, since that's what the DMD shows.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.00
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-figures and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.