(Topic ID: 23834)

TSPP cliffy ramp protector now available!

By Spudgunman

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinwillie
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ramp.jpg
tsppGrampProto3.jpg
tsppGrampProto2.jpg
tsppGrampProto1.jpg
ramplarge.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Photo_1-4.jpg
moe-ramp.jpg
treehouse-ramp.jpg
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Updated 2/2013 contact your nearest cliffy for a new set of ramp protectors!

i could have emailed you Cliffy, but figured you need rest.. To invent ... TSPP ramp protectors!

Did I miss them?

I am about to replace ramps form serious damage from play.. Would love to have some cliffys so I dont need new ramps again.

Anyone have this issue ..solve it somehow? image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

What I need to do is catch up. THEN maybe I can use my vacation time for... vacation
I own a TSPP so I will look into that. My own game seems to be fine but it doesn't get the play a lot of you dish out on your games. Snap a pic of the damage for me so I know what I'm up against and if it's doable, I'll do it

#3 11 years ago

You get vacation? ... (said like napolian dinamite) Lucky!

After getting married and a child that word has no meaning to me any more...haha ..photos forthcoming

Thanks for the consideration

#4 11 years ago

so the treehouse ramp looks easy ..two screws, short area etc..
I find that this is the worst spot as the right flipper will direct hit the left ramp, I actually cant make the treehouse right now unless its dead nuts on.
treehouse-ramp.jpgtreehouse-ramp.jpg
the moe ramp is a little harder as your next screw is a mile up the ramp..idea what if you just bend a long tab over the lip of the ramp to "pressure fit" between the ramp and the skateboard weldment? that thing isnt going anywhere - I am not sure actually how this ramp breaks other then lower left flipper hits

moe-ramp.jpgmoe-ramp.jpg
put me down for the pair whenever you get around to it.

#5 11 years ago

Cliffy im in for them too.. i have a tspp on the way and i buy all your stuff for my games.

#6 11 years ago

hmm I might need those too for my TSPP. Mine is HUO and fine now but why not protect it

#7 11 years ago

i would be interested as well.... working on getting a TSPP

#8 11 years ago

I'm in too

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

hmm I might need those too for my TSPP. Mine is HUO and fine now but why not protect it

Yup. Pretty sure I am in the same boat too but I would be down for a set as well.

#11 11 years ago

Great pics, thanks. Man I'm afraid to look too close at my own game now. They aren't blown out but I'll bet a dollar to a donut they are cracked. Dammit. Ok then, I'll get on it. Looks like we will have to change the deadhead posts to a female threaded top post as that's the BEST way to anchor ramp protectors. You guys wouldn't poo poo that would ya?

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Great pics, thanks. Man I'm afraid to look too close at my own game now. They aren't blown out but I'll bet a dollar to a donut they are cracked. Dammit. Ok then, I'll get on it. Looks like we will have to change the deadhead posts to a female threaded top post as that's the BEST way to anchor ramp protectors. You guys wouldn't poo poo that would ya?

Changing posts is a minor request if it will help protect our ramps. Go, Cliffy, Go!!

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Not at all. Just include some of your post rubbers

#14 11 years ago

Cliffy do you still carry the itchy and scratchy hole protectors?

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Jerel63:

Cliffy do you still carry the itchy and scratchy hole protectors?

Only available at pinbits.com and yes they do have them

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Only available at pinbits.com and yes they do have them

thank you very much good sir!

#17 11 years ago

Yea I was wondering how that worked out... (the post) I am down.. I don't care to buy new ramps again.. And that treehouse ramp take a beating for sure, I chip parts of the ramp off all the time in my initial play testing (new to me, TSPP)

I actually just wiggled up some spiffy ramps.. ( cliffy rip off ramps) using a pop can for now.. I will take photos on version 2.0 wanna use a beer can to make it more duffish.

#18 11 years ago

Just looked at mine, and they are cracked.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Just looked at mine, and they are cracked.

Knock it off! I still haven't unburied mine to look yet! WAAA!!
I like spuds idea. If it weren't for the copyright issue I'd seriously think about lasering the Duff logo into the ramp protectors

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

I don't care to buy new ramps again..

Again? I'm guessing you mean you bought ramps for another game. Unless you upgraded the three lower flippers to the Pinball Life special coils, those have got to be factory ramps. I've played tons of TSPP's on location and never seen ramps that bad. If you can afford new ones, I'd recommend replacing them. Those ramps probably have 30k+ plays on them. Then new ones will never look that bad. Even without protectors.

Does the game have armored side rails? TSPP's were especially bad for damage around the flipper buttons. Without protection there, wear came very fast.

#21 11 years ago

Yup have side rails

This is a new to me game, I got new ramps. Just don't care to buy them ever again (future). Don't want to risk any chips or cracks

Yes I wondered how they got so beat up. Stock coils. Now that they are this far they seem to break easy or faster however.

3 weeks later
#22 11 years ago

while working away on my TSPP, noticed another spot for cliffy to sweat away with his CNC machine. the kickout from the upper play-field VUK shows decent wear from ball smashing, looks like a bitch to put a cliffy on other then stick it, but while the topic was floating around..

#23 11 years ago

Weird. My TSPP has over 8000 games on it. Not a single hint of a crack on any ramps. Just shopped it and had them removed, so I had a good look.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Weird. My TSPP has over 8000 games on it. Not a single hint of a crack on any ramps. Just shopped it and had them removed, so I had a good look.

You might have light weight balls, or your whackers are weak?

#25 11 years ago

my HUO ramp is in good shape!

Photo_1-4.jpgPhoto_1-4.jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 11 years ago
Quoted from pflueeb:

my HUO ramp is in good shape!

Is that light, or a crack on your upper ramp by that yellow spot?

#27 11 years ago

a light

#28 11 years ago

Cliffy,

I'd definitely buy ramp protectors for TSPP as well.

#29 11 years ago

Yup, I'd be in, as well. My treehouse ramp seems to be good, but moe's is beat up.

#30 11 years ago

I cant wait to see what Cliffy comes up with for this one!!! A new Cliffy protector is like a new Nike shoe release!!! lol

#31 11 years ago

Count me in!

#32 11 years ago

I'm in too

#33 11 years ago

Whew, No crack here. I'll buy!

#34 11 years ago

I'm in as well.

#35 11 years ago

Count me in Cliffy...Hope you are feeling better after the PPE show.

1 month later
#36 11 years ago

cliffy looks like there is some interest for (at least from me) to also purchase a "rear garage ramp" protector (protecting item 545-6045-00)

#37 11 years ago

Hmmm. will def have a look back there. Sorry for delays. Lots o' drama I won't go into here.

#38 11 years ago

never seen tspp ramps do that...I wouldn't want to use them, the treehouse shot is hard enough.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

I wouldn't want to use them, the treehouse shot is hard enough

Nice. I haven't even made them yet and you already don't like them

EDIT: oops. Sorry man, I misread your post. Although I could see where my ramp protectors might make shots harder too

#40 11 years ago

Cliffy,

Any idea as to when you might be getting around to this?

I'm holing off on doing a shop job on my TSPP. I want to install all new ramps, but if the ramp protectors are in the near future, I'll be happy to wait.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

never seen tspp ramps do that...I wouldn't want to use them, the treehouse shot is hard enough.

haha I think you mean wouldnt want to use the ramps I showed... your damn right that treehouse shot is hard with that hole there.. its a super pain but I played on someone elses simpsons the other day and made the treehouse every time.. so tough shot makes your aim better haha!

no worries Cliffy, just like indypinhead my game is actually currently getting shopped (full strip) so I am still not playing.. but jsut letting you know I am looking to send a lump of cash your way when they are there. (just rebuilt my shooter lane damage so also going to add a shooter protector to the order!)

#42 11 years ago

I'd take some too.

#43 11 years ago

Pinbits is out of the full metal I&S protectors. I was excited about those -- my table's I&S is all chewed up and that's one of a handful of cosmetic issues on an otherwise decent table.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from dasmb:

Pinbits is out of the full metal I&S protectors.

Email Pam to be sure because they don't update their website often enough. pam at pinbits dot com

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Cliffy,

Any idea as to when you might be getting around to this?

I've been trying to get into it for the past few weekends and will try my darndest again this weekend.

#46 11 years ago

Thanks Cliffy.

Sounds like you'll be selling a lot of these as soon as they're released.

As always, you can count on me as being one of those buyers.

3 months later
#47 11 years ago

Updated first post - now available thanks to Cliffy!

#48 11 years ago

Just ordered mine...

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

Updated first post - now available thanks to Cliffy!

Quoted from indypinhead:

Just ordered mine...

Link? I am working on getting my machine ready for the TPF and would love to have these

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-cliffy-ramp-protector/ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.