b1.jpg
marge-thumbsup.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

So like many of you with TSPP, the cab is a problem. Mine is no exception. In fact, I have one in really bad condition. I set out looking for decals but came up short. Some great guys were trying but with legal issues, they are not moving forward and I cant blame them for a second!

My mom is an artist. I asked if she would give it a try to see if she could work on the cab and we have started.

I have already posted these in the TSPP Club but I am starting this thread to post progress of the work.

It isnt going to be excatly perfect or like new but it will look so much better than before and I can't be happier with that! Plus, I get to visit with my mother and make dinner for her

bfaf.jpgbfaf.jpg IMG_3227.jpgIMG_3227.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Looks good!

#3 10 years ago

Holy crap that looks great, and a ton of work!
Better start saving up for a killer Mothers day / Birthday gift.

#5 10 years ago

Nice job!

#6 10 years ago

Someone should just make decals and sell them on the DL by word of mouth.

#7 10 years ago

You better take your mom to Hawaii when she's done. She deserves it. That pin looks great!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Someone should just make decals and sell them on the DL by word of mouth.

Me thinks its already happening

As long as the seller can identify one as a non snitch @ states they didn't print em all should be half ass well.

Ya know, fan made artwork not for a pinball per se but for admiring

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Me thinks its already happening
As long as the seller can identify one as a non snitch @ states they didn't print em all should be half ass well.
Ya know, fan made artwork not for a pinball per se but for admiring

Or

A few folks have redrawn the cabinet which came from a poster. Once that file is uploaded to a few places & goes viral then mom & pop places can print it without too much drama since its a one off for em

Shit, hit quote instead of edit & pills make me too lazy to correct

#10 10 years ago

I saw this in person last night and it looks every better up close. Not perfect, but man is it quite the change from previous. GREAT WORK! I can't wait to see the progress on the rest of the cab, she already started on the side last night!

#11 10 years ago

looks perfect!

#12 10 years ago

wow I can't believe that was done by hand. That is talent.

#13 10 years ago

PM sent

#14 10 years ago

Mom's got talent! Maybe she should just make "patches". Like an 8"x8" for the flipper areas and the credit button area? Sell those 3 packs here for $50 ea. Mom's going to Disneyland!

Mike

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

Mom's got talent! Maybe she should just make "patches". Like an 8"x8" for the flipper areas and the credit button area? Sell those 3 packs here for $50 ea. Mom's going to Disneyland!
Mike

That's an awesome idea. The problem is the licensing issues.

#16 10 years ago

Mom was over tonight and she worked for several hours today. The progress is slow going but I am so happy with the progress and the results so far. I made tacos today.

I do understand that it isn't perfect, One cant paint a faded like background. She is doing her best to keep the back lighter but they are obviously brighter now. I am completely fine with this. Sure better than before.

Have a good evening/morning!

1.jpg1.jpg // Error: Image 115169 not found // // Error: Image 115170 not found // // Error: Image 115171 not found // // Error: Image 115172 not found // // Error: Image 115173 not found //

#18 10 years ago

Looks really good. That cab was in pretty bad shape for sure.

#19 10 years ago

Your mom is very tallented. Her work looks better then the pixelated crap that stern out on the pin!

#21 10 years ago

Your mom's an angel, you on the other hand I'm not so sure about. The least you can do is take the flipper button and leg off out of her way, and Tacos ? You couldn't do better than Tacos ???? Just kidding, sounds like a good mother/son team, keep up the good work!

#22 10 years ago

My cab looks exactly like yours. Send your mom over.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

My cab looks exactly like yours. Send your mom over.

Yeah please here too....

#24 10 years ago

Thanks everyone! Best part is sitting down with her and showing her all the wonderful posts.

and I offered to raise the machine up on my pinball cart and take the legs off. She said "Ill do that part later" lol

I'm going to give her my Credit Card to go do some shopping when we are done

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

That's an awesome idea. The problem is the licensing issues.

I understand. She is very talented for sure. What kind of paint is she using? Maybe some of us non-artists can try it on our games. Somebody else go first.

Mike

#26 10 years ago

Very impressed! You have a talented mother!

#27 10 years ago

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

#28 10 years ago

Thanks everyone! She is here again tonight. I told her to pick any place to eat and I will go get it.

#29 10 years ago

Tell her I said Manny's

#30 10 years ago

Evening,

Mom was over again really late today and made some great progress!

o1.jpgo1.jpg o2.jpgo2.jpg 1.jpg1.jpg 2.jpg2.jpg

#31 10 years ago

Where did you take her after, Burger King ? I hope your going to clear that once she's all done, I would hate to think someone could smear it all over the place with a bottle of fantastic. Keep the before and after pics coming!

#32 10 years ago

Was that drug behind a truck? Awesome work!

#33 10 years ago

Hard to believe the cab was that rough on a newer Stern, but your mom is doing awesome work! I'm guessing she's going to continue down that side? Can't wait to see the finish product if so!

#34 10 years ago

Your Mom is extremely talented and it shows. Your game will be stunning when its done.
Give Mom a high five for me!

#35 10 years ago

That is absolutely amazing. Very well done.

#36 10 years ago

Looks like you finally got her the pinball cart

NICE WORK! Can't wait to see it up close!

#37 10 years ago

I am curious...what kind of paint is she using? And will you cover it with something eventually to protect the paint?

My LOTR could use some touch ups, and I have a friend who is an artist

Looks great! Your mom is awesome!

#38 10 years ago

That looks like an incredible amount of work.
And looks Awesome!

#39 10 years ago

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I showed my mom the nice comments and she was so excited to see people from all over commenting. Last night she spent hours drawing the artwork and didn't do any painting. We are meeting this afternoon to continue. Hopefully you can see the artwork she redrew.

Ps. I will ask her exactly what kind of paints she's using.

Have a great Saturday! I'll post more pictures tonight.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#40 10 years ago

That's very cool of your mom and looks great. You will definitely have a one of a kind TSPP when she's done.

#41 10 years ago

That's an amazing job she is doing

#42 10 years ago

I would definitely pay to some work done. That is really impressive.

#43 10 years ago

This is a cool thread, but it does show how much of a relative bargain the "HOU" ones are vs. the heavily routed examples (which I assume this was).

#44 10 years ago

Just incredible.

#46 10 years ago

Hats off to your mom! Unbelievable.

#47 10 years ago

I would think you're going to have an unbelievable amount of sentimental value built into this TSPP, with your Mom's artwork on it. If my Mom (or Dad) hand painted a pinball cabinet for me, and on top of that, did such a great job (as your Mom is doing), I don't think I could ever part with it. It would be a family Heirloom. Looking good!

#48 10 years ago

That's stellar !!!

She work in the artist field or this purely her release from work / stress relief ?

That's incredible and to top it off the game is set up not on its side like a table

Takes a skilled handle

A+++

Biggest question ..

1). Does she like the Simpsons?
2). Does she like pinball ?

#49 10 years ago

We were able to get lots done this weekend! Hopefully by the end of the week this side will be done.

As for the questions: does she like the Simpsons? She actually didn't even know they were a tV show lol.
As far is if she likes pinball? She thinks they look near, doesn't enjoy playing.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 218.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.00
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-cab-painting-who-needs-decals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.