Trying to contact Great Lakes Modular...

Started 1 year ago by rdhoss in forum TechTech: Generic.

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

Trying to contact Great Lakes Modular...

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by rdhoss
  • 5 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Spudgunman

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

1 year, 9 months ago
    #

I bought a new GLM opto-driver board (OSB-7) from Bay Area Amusements for my Theatre of Magic machine. The board is acting a little strange, so I've tried contacting GLM at info@greatlakesmodular.com.

It's been a week with no response. Has anybody else had any better luck? Does anybody know if there's another way to contact GLM?

I'd like to verify that the board is either good or defective. Otherwise, I'll have to see if Bay Area will exchange with me...

Thanks!

1 year, 9 months ago
    #

I have sent many emails without any response. I have been waiting for a star post light interface board.

You would probably have better luck posting to RGP as he seems to respond to inquiries there.

1 year, 9 months ago
    #

It took him a bit, but once he got in contact with me, he was very prompt and helpful. Tony is the best.

11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #

I have also emailed a few times, documentation and support for the products is lacking.

Russo121

Pinball addict
    1,056,250 2
    11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #

He does get in touch eventually. It was only a day or so with my last order (16 opto board) which came safe and sound as always.

What is it that your board is doing? Perhaps you have triggered the test mode function somehow?

11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #
    Russo121 said:

What is it that your board is doing? Perhaps you have triggered the test mode function somehow?

good question, and yes eventually.. but game is on location so eventually = loss of money. I have red lights blinking on 2 optos, green lights are on across the board.
    optos wont trigger, rewired optos multiple ways.. nothing lights up solid red and solid green.

my biggest complaint is this is a black box. no manual, no help, no instructions, no schematics.

what is test mode how do i tell if the board works. I put new opto's in moved them around stuck with channels just blink red.

11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #

Tony's been busy with a bunch of pinball show as of late. I'm sure he'll get back with you, just give him a few days.

11 months, 2 weeks ago
    #
    PinballMikeD said:

Tony's been busy with a bunch of pinball show as of late. I'm sure he'll get back with you, just give him a few days.

yea I am sure.. he did finally get back

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple