Tron update coming..

Started 1 year ago by pinball_customs in forum Game manufacturersStern Pinball.



Tron update coming..


Topic summary

  • Started 1 year ago by pinball_customs
  • 113 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from RipleYYY

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs





Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!



    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    A little birdie told me Lyman is working on the final TRON LE update that is to come (hopefully followed by a Tron Pro update). This is great news!!

    - B


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    SWEET !


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Awesome. I wonder what will be added?

    Video mode?

    Pro version: Skill based extra ball award? <--- one of my most frustrating annoyances. Random award? Lamers.


    RGR

    Pinball master
    2,533,400 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    lol yeah an update that will make the EB light work.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Video mode, more emphasis on combos (one thing I actually like in TF is the combo count on the DMD) & more depth to the existing modes and a deeper more polished wizard mode would make me an even happier LE owner. If lyman can polish TRON like he did with SM it could be real special!


    RobT

    Pinside legend
    12,236,973 3
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Isn't this old news? He has been working on it for a while. He has a TRON LE at home.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Video mode perhaps when you hit the scoop - only place i can think of where it can play off the DMD / hold the ball.

    Please, please, please video mode - none of my pins have one and they havent been done for awhile.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    No video mode!

    What sucks more than stopping a great, fast pinball game to play a 4-bit video game?


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Please quit hyping up Tron even more. I'm trying to find one at a decent price

    Oh, and another vote for NO video mode!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    RobT said:

    Isn't this old news? He has been working on it for a while. He has a TRON LE at home.

    My apologies if it is, I hadn't heard this until the weekend from someone close with Lyman. I'm pretty excited Tron is going to get some Lyman-love!

    - B


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Light cycle video mode would be cool.
    j/k


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I actually kind of wish that DAFT PUNK was easier to spell. You can't qualify any of the letters during certain times in the game (like multi-ball)....making it super-hard to achieve.

    I've only done it a handful of times, and only when that is all I was going for.

    Otherwise, make it so that I'm better at hitting GEM. I stink at that shot.

    (I'm okay with a video mode. Maybe make a setting to turn it off for people who don't like it?)

    Pete


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Looking Forward for some Update


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Great!!!!!!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I'd love to see a video mode. Hopefully the update will also fix the issue of only half of the game sometimes not turning on when you hit the power switch. Shutting it off and turning it on again fixes it every time, but it would be nice to see it work properly every time.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Bring on a video mode! This game deserves one based on the theme and light cycles alone. Having an adjustment to turn it on or off in the operators menu would be great for those who don't care for it.


    RobT

    Pinside legend
    12,236,973 3
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    While I am not big on video modes, I have to say that it seems very appropriate to have one on Tron.

    Edit: Kevin beat me my 1 minute!


    RobT

    Pinside legend
    12,236,973 3
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    playernumber4 said:

    I'd love to see a video mode. Hopefully the update will also fix the issue of only half of the game sometimes not turning on when you hit the power switch. Shutting it off and turning it on again fixes it every time, but it would be nice to see it work properly every time.

    I thought that the 1.4 update fixed this issue?


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    RobT said:

    While I am not big on video modes, I have to say that it seems very appropriate to have one on Tron.
    Edit: Kevin beat me my 1 minute!

    Essential even!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Mr. Peepers is going to download in his cab when I tell him the good news...

    Mr Peepers:

    "Oh Sheats!"


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    RobT said:

    playernumber4 said:I'd love to see a video mode. Hopefully the update will also fix the issue of only half of the game sometimes not turning on when you hit the power switch. Shutting it off and turning it on again fixes it every time, but it would be nice to see it work properly every time.
    I thought that the 1.4 update fixed this issue?

    It took care of the problem for me.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Maybe they'll put in a video mode, but with an option to enable/disable it.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I'm hoping for a Tron update just like everyone else, but according to Steve Richie at a recent event in the UK he didn't think this was likely.

    Just hoping the rumours are true and Steve is wrong


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    todler said:

    I'm hoping for a Tron update just like everyone else, but according to Steve Richie at a recent event in the UK he didn't think this was likely.
    Just hoping the rumours are true and Steve is wrong

    Lyman recently picked up a TRON LE and it's piqued his interest in revising the code.. maybe he'll do it on the side like he did a few other Stern games (here's hoping!!)

    - B


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Tron pro V1.7 Extra ball settings shows 10 light cycle shots. Combo counter would be sweet.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    pinball_customs said:

    Lyman recently picked up a TRON LE and it's piqued his interest in revising the code.. maybe he'll do it on the side like he did a few other Stern games (here's hoping!!)

    - B

    Yea if he has it at home he will likely be tempted to use his skill to perfect the code. That said, I think it is lame that Stern did not pay him for his time perfecting the code for SM. The man plays a critical role in why people love to play many of your pins pay him for his time please.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Maybe if he wins enough money thru tournaments he'll just buy stern outright.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Random Bug in my TRON LE:

    Can someone test this for me?

    -Turn on your game
    -Open coin door
    -Adjust Volume (up or down)
    -Close coin door

    Does the Tron Music continue playing?

    Mine continues playing and will not stop until I start a game or turn off the machine.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I had that happen a couple of times, yes


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    pinball_customs said:

    I had that happen a couple of times, yes

    Good to know I'm not crazy! (well, i guess that is an entirely different issue all together, lol)


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    ^^^ Mine does this too with 1.7 installed. Weird.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    fattrain said:

    Good to know I'm not crazy! (well, i guess that is an entirely different issue all together, lol)

    It's clearly ruined, in an effort to make this situation right I will store and 'work' on it at my house for you fattrain.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    If you really want video mode just add it yourself


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Dude, take the sticker off the glass already!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    fattrain said:

    Random Bug in my TRON LE:
    Can someone test this for me?
    -Turn on your game
    -Open coin door
    -Adjust Volume (up or down)
    -Close coin door
    Does the Tron Music continue playing?
    Mine continues playing and will not stop until I start a game or turn off the machine.

    This is not Tron Specific. All games that had the "power on" bug were fixed with that newer code and now have this problem. My TRON LE and IM now do this.
    You don't have to turn the game off, just go into the setup menu and then exit.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I normally just start a game right afterwards so it's not really that much of a hindrance


    RobT

    Pinside legend
    12,236,973 3
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    NimblePin said:

    Dude, take the sticker off the glass already!

    It keeps that NIB experience alive!


    pinballlooking

    Pinball addict
    1,428,750 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I hope the Pro gets some love from him also.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    pinballlooking said:

    I hope the Pro gets some love from him also.

    If he tweaks the code, I couldn't imagine him not giving both models a quick facelift.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Dont take the stickers off or touch goodie bag! Keep it like new.

    My flasher in the little Tron arcade is burnt out. Seems glued together and a pain to replace. Any advice?


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    why are you apologizing?? im glad you started this thread! not all of us are in the "know" on all things pinball. cannot wait for this update.

    pinball_customs said:

    RobT said:Isn't this old news? He has been working on it for a while. He has a TRON LE at home.
    My apologies if it is, I hadn't heard this until the weekend from someone close with Lyman. I'm pretty excited Tron is going to get some Lyman-love!
    - B


    RobT

    Pinside legend
    12,236,973 3
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Av8 said:

    Dont take the stickers off

    No way would I keep that fugly sticker on my glass.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    ENDOFLINE said:

    why are you apologizing??

    I'm Canadian, we apologize for everything.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    +100 on video mode. Tron is appropriate. Great idea if it can be overridden but if not deal. Video modes are fun.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    badbilly27 said:

    Video modes are fun.

    *Some* video modes *can be* fun.

    If you want proof that not all of them are fun, play the complete mess that is the Tommy video mode, that apparently awards points completely at random.


    RobT

    Pinside legend
    12,236,973 3
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    goatdan said:

    *Some* video modes *can be* fun.

    If you want proof that not all of them are fun, play the complete mess that is the Tommy video mode, that apparently awards points completely at random.

    +1

    Love Tommy, hate the video mode. All you do is keep the plane at the bottom of the screen, dont move, and you get 13 million points every time.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Simple video mode - like BSD.

    Discs being fired at you - use flippers to cancel out by firing discs back - simple, fun etc.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    more info on the instant info scroll....


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    as lot of guys (i suppose), i've sent few ask already to STERN about the TRON LE, here's a copy/paste of my last mail :

    (to be said, i'm on 1.4)

    - EXTRA BALL : the one thrue the mystery in the arcade :

    its now weeks (seems even more) that i did not get one...
    that meens you can (quite) only collect the one from DAFT PUNK ramps
    would be nice to add just another one, for example light it after completing 3X the TRON bank targets (on the same ball of course)

    - SPECIAL outlanes : same as EB, only got it thrue the mystery in the arcade... its quite frustrating, even on a free game (!?), that "red light" and the "clack" knocker have something really magical

    same idea as the EB, after 3X you than first light the EB, after the next 3X you light the SPECIAL, and repeat as it

    lets suppose 3X will be easy for good players, than just increase each round the number of X by 2

    3X=EB, 3X=SPECIAL, next time became 5X=EB, 5X=SPECIAL, next time became 7X=EB, 7X=SPECIAL, ...

    - a VIDEO MODE : playing with the 2 flippers, bicycle theme, in the same idea as the F1 in INDY500, or just battling to Escape walls in a labyrinth

    during the VIDEO MODE, all light OFF
    the right section of the DOT show the 3D action, the left section can show a 2D map upper view of the labyrinth

    this VIDEO MODE could be enabled directly thrue the mystery in the arcade, and also with the DAFT PUNK ramp (and than the last idea)

    - DAFT PUNK ramps

    the situation is as it : first time enable the EB, second time enable DAFT PUNK multiball, ... and than nothing until 8 times for next DAFT PUNK multiball !? (ok i know you can change easier in the set up, but but but)

    would be nice to be granted something each time you completed DAFT PUNK, than :

    first time = EB
    second time = DAFT PUNK multiball
    third time = VIDEO MODE + SPECIAL outlanes
    and than repeat the sequence again & again

    i'm a quite good player (...), yes i'm lol, my highscore is 287M in 3 balls standard settings, and i have never done 4 times the DAFT PUNK sequence, that means this will remain hard

    ---------------------------------

    ok, tanx for reading, and sorry about the approximative english, as its not my native & usual langage


    Russo121

    Pinball addict
    1,056,250 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    More combos for eol, volume bug sorting (i want to drown out the speech with the daft punk tunes...pls:)) Light cycle video mode (optionally selectable), some extra deep 'bass' callouts/noises and extra shaker motor functionality. I could then be buried in my cab when my time comes....:)



Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.





© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple