(Topic ID: 19018)

Tron Pinbits Plastic Protector and Pop Bumper Kit... You Have to See This Video!

By PappyBoyington

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Metalpin
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0059.jpg
#1 11 years ago

What an amazing purchase. One of the best mods I have done to my Tron LE. I ordered these two kits on Wednesday and received them on Friday. Now that is fast packing a shipping! Pam really did a great job getting me both kits at the same time. Thank you Pam! The plastics were also packed well as you can see in the picture.

Thanks also goes out to Cliffy for posting the first prototype pictures and making me aware of these kits.

I am very happy with this purchase and I think the kits really add to the look of my Tron. The pop bumpers lighten up the whole area, of course it doesn't hurt having the mirror cabinet sides. So much better than the plain pop bumpers before. I may play with the LED bulb colors on the lower left but I think I'm close to where I want to be. In the video you really can't see how bright orange the plastics are.

I made a video showing all the plastics, you can watch it here:

Hope you enjoy

Pappy

IMG_0059.jpgIMG_0059.jpg

#2 11 years ago

UMG owns something in that video, and it ain't the kit.

#3 11 years ago

Yea video doesn't work

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Yea video doesn't work

Sorry guys. I guess the music track is blocking. I will post the video tomorrow.

Pappy

#5 11 years ago

I think the UMG issue has been resolved. The video should work now. Let me know if it doesn't.

Pappy

#6 11 years ago

WOW!!!! .....simply amazing!!
those pop bumper caps look so much better

hum.....anyone got that link?

#8 11 years ago

That looks stunning!

#9 11 years ago

That looks really good! I've been on the fence about the colored protectors, but now I think I'll get them after seeing this. The pop bumper dress up kit is a no-brainer though. Big improvement!

#10 11 years ago

Thanks for posting the link for me. I'm so glad you guys can see the video now. Pinbits really hit a home run with these kits.

Pappy

#11 11 years ago

Sold out. Wow! I would really like those pop bumpers. Yet another kick butt mod for what is already the most versitile game in pinball.

#12 11 years ago

Thanks Pappy. I applaud that you know how to shoot a video of a pin the right way. I was never big fan of mirror blades but on Tron it works.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sold out. Wow! I would really like those pop bumpers.

Nah. They just havent updated the site. Thats the rub when you're in a time crunch. Make product or stop and update web pages. Turns into a catch-22 quickly

#14 11 years ago

Are these with the stock LEDS on the LE or did you change the lamps? The plastics and bumpers look great! Thanks for the video

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Thanks Pappy. I applaud that you know how to shoot a video of a pin the right way. I was never big fan of mirror blades but on Tron it works.

Mirror blades look great on TRON, however black mirror blades look insanely good on TRON.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Are these with the stock LEDS on the LE or did you change the lamps? The plastics and bumpers look great! Thanks for the video

The only stock LEDs are the inserts. All the other lights are coin taker LEDs. Also the Pinbits plastic protector kit came with three LED bulbs. Thanks for the compliment.

Pappy

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Mirror blades look great on TRON, however black mirror blades look insanely good on TRON.

REALLY? Hmmm. You got me thinking.

Pappy

#18 11 years ago

Looks great Pappy.

Still no arcade video mod though? Come on buddy, that's the best mod to date for pinball.
No TRON should be without it.

I just purchased arcade vid mod 2.1, I'll be happy to cut you a deal on my 1.0 if you want it.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Looks great Pappy.

Still no arcade video mod though? Come on buddy, that's the best mod to date for pinball.
No TRON should be without it.

I just purchased arcade vid mod 2.1, I'll be happy to cut you a deal on my 1.0 if you want it.

Thanks buddy. I think you're right about the arcade mod but I think I'll hold off for the 2.1 myself. But not for awhile. I need to get myself on a pinball budget.

Hey I thought you sold your Tron?

Pappy

#20 11 years ago

Thats as good looking a machine as I have ever seen. The future is now!

#21 11 years ago

do the bumpers-mods really obscure the artwork on the current bumpers?

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Rav:

do the bumpers-mods really obscure the artwork on the current bumpers?

A bit but not too much. In fact on Gem the lower disc is cutout to reveal her more clearly through the layer above that one.

#23 11 years ago

Me sell my TRON are ya kiddin' me? Nahhh.
I'm still thoroughly enjoying it. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Only one's of our DFW crew that I knew of that let go of theirs was Bill and Rusty.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I think the UMG issue has been resolved. The video should work now. Let me know if it doesn't.

» YouTube video
Pappy

I'm surprised I haven't heard from others who have bought the kits. I know they were sold out pretty quick. I'm curious to see what they think of the mods?

Pappy

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I agree on both counts: the video is top notch quality, and that helps us see just how good these mods are. What video camera did you use for this?

I have the colored protectors from LSOG on my Tron LE, but I might have to replace them with this. Love the pop bumper plastics too.

#26 11 years ago

I have tried to contact Pam three or four times over the past three weeks with no response regarding the tron dress kits and I have purchased from them many times in the past.
Are they in town or what?

thanks
p

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

I have tried to contact Pam three or four times over the past three weeks with no response regarding the tron dress kits and I have purchased from them many times in the past.Are they in town or what?
thanksp

Yep!

#28 11 years ago

I'm surprised I haven't heard from others who have bought the kits. I know they were sold out pretty quick. I'm curious to see what they think of the mods?
Pappy

I'll bet a lot of folks bought them but havent installed them yet. We are heading into the summer slowdown too right now. People tend to accumulate parts, stuff them in the coin box and wait for the first cold snap to rekindle their pinball projects

#29 11 years ago

I ordered the pop bumper kit and will order the dress up kit when they have it back in stock.

#30 11 years ago

THAT IS FLAT OUT SICK!!! Excellent job...and that's all I got to say about that.

#31 11 years ago

I'm gonna get the dress up kit too; and I think it's great they are giving us partial credit for the original plastic kit if we've already purchased it!

#32 11 years ago

Hmm. JJ can we get this?

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

the video is top notch quality, and that helps us see just how good these mods are. What video camera did you use for this?

The video was taken with just a little old iPad.

Pappy

#34 11 years ago

The video was taken with just a little old iPad.
Pappy

That's great! I'll have to start using my wifes iPad2 to take some videos.

Your technique is very good. Nice and smooth.

#35 11 years ago

Well It looks like UMG doesn't want me to post my little home made video on YouTube anymore. Copyright infringement.

I have uploaded the video without any sound. It's not as exciting but at least you get to see the video. You can view it here:

Pappy

#36 11 years ago

» YouTube video
Pappy

I'm guessing the video got pulled again. I'm getting that UMG message.

#37 11 years ago

Posted at same time. Thanks for putting it up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pinbits-plastic-protector-and-pop-bumper-kit-you-have-to-see-this-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.