(Topic ID: 15682)

TRON MINI ARCADE CABINET 3.1v Contact us for availability.

By pinballlooking

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 796 posts
  • 263 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tdiddy
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

led2 (resized).png
led1 (resized).png
PXL_20201226_200312769 (resized).jpg
A800CCD9-FEA5-4DA2-B7EA-BE42E0B4F1A8 (resized).jpeg
BA27F889-17B2-4EFC-95D1-299811AA9E2D (resized).jpeg
4A89CCC3-214E-4CFA-8210-F5A5F4AAEF53 (resized).jpeg
6D5AF8A2-E29D-4245-8E02-5887013E6893 (resized).jpeg
259229B0-6F17-4C8A-864B-D53D68DF0442 (resized).jpeg
8AE415DE-D369-4E11-88A1-8FB7665A15B6 (resized).jpeg
DC9C32F6-2597-4056-AC74-F16A9A639451 (resized).jpeg
58EEA678-E155-47B1-8DB1-EE824829E74B (resized).jpeg
mytron (resized).jpg
IMG_7511 (resized).PNG
9.outside-512 (resized).JPG
DoT (resized).PNG
IMG_2825 (resized).JPG

There are 796 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.
#1 11 years ago

http://www.usbjig.com/tronminicab.html

TRON MINI ARCADE CABINET
Features version 3.1 design:

• Laser cut cabinet
• Decals professionally printed and machine cut
• Decals on the marquee and center panel are translucent
• Joystick, spinner and panel behind control panel made from UV reactive acrylic
• No screws in the side of the cabinet
• All LEDs, with the exception of the flasher, have optimized voltage for improved brightness and efficiency
• New G3v Bright OLED screen
• Backlit marquee, inner decal and front panel
• 906 8 SMD LED flasher with eight high-powered LED’s for superior brightness

Note: Our mini cabinet is based off of Tilt/Jeremy’s design with his permission to reproduce and sell. The software this screen runs is a clone of the original Tron arcade attract mode, written by Eli Curtz of nuprometheus.com. He spent countless hours writing and optimizing the code in the 4DGL language, and he deserves all the credit for what you see on screen.

Thanks to everyone who purchased cabinets!

http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m554/myebaystuff1/Tron%20Mini-Arcade%20Cabinet/?albumview=slideshow

TronMiniCab.jpgTronMiniCab.jpg

Thanks for your support of our product. We greatly appreciate your business.
Mark and Angie

#2 11 years ago

this is great news!

just sent you a pm to get on the 2nd run of these arcade mods. they look beautiful. chris

#3 11 years ago

PM sent

#4 11 years ago

JJ needs one ; )

#5 11 years ago

PM Sent

#7 11 years ago

PM sent also.

#8 11 years ago

PM sent . How much are they ?

#9 11 years ago

Need to know how much before I order.
Pappy

#11 11 years ago

I am in. PM sent, but I g
Forgot to put in a subject because I was so excited.
Jim

#13 11 years ago

I have sent PM’s to everyone. Thanks for the great response.
I am collecting $25 deposit. When your cab is complete I will collect the balance then ship it USPS priority mail. I will send a tracking number at that time.
If you want on the list to get one please send me your email address so I can paypal the deposit invoice.
These will ship out in approximately three weeks.
Payment paypal is preferred but I can take credit card or you can send a check.

½ the run is sold out I will send you a PM and let you know you have one then I will paypal an invoice tonight or tomorrow.
Thanks.
Mark

#14 11 years ago

PM sent

#15 11 years ago

I'm in as well - just sent 2 PMs...second one with my email address...thank you very much!

#16 11 years ago

Payment for two sent, Doc and Hwawonyu yours are ordered and paid for! Got Almost all of the Tron Pimping parts on order now.

#17 11 years ago

I only have 0 left if you expressed interest and you have not sent me your email address please do so to reserve your cab.
Thanks all the interest.

Thanks all are sold.
I have sent a PM to everyone on the list confirming they are on the list.
Thank you!

#18 11 years ago

Sweet! Just in time : )
Thanks

#19 11 years ago

Yeah, that arcade mod is great and all but, what I really want is that SWEET custom TRON pop bumper cap! So futuristic!!!

1 week later
#20 11 years ago

just got my mod!! Looks great, awesome service.. dare I say better than the original? No screws!

Thanks MARK!!

#21 11 years ago

I have this on my TRON and its seriously the best mod in pinball!

#22 11 years ago

Thanks guys! I am glad you like it. We made a few changes based off user feedback.

I must say thanks to Eli Curtz of nuprometheus.com. Without him you would see nothing on the screen.

Our mini cabinet is based off of Tilt/Jeremy’s great Ver 2 design.

We just enhanced an already great product to Ver 2.1

#23 11 years ago

Can't wait till mine is ready. I am so glad I ordered this. Thanks.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Can't wait till mine is ready. I am so glad I ordered this. Thanks.

Me 2. Got my NIB Tron today and cant wait to get this installed.

#25 11 years ago

install was easy! took 15 mins

#26 11 years ago

Bought one and cannot express how nicely they are done. Very professional looking, eveything is top notch and I enthusiastically say buy with confidence. Mark communicated well throughout the process. I had seen the pics but real cabinet was even better in person.

Thanks also to Pinhacks who built the prototype, detailed the bill of materials and has allowed others to build/sell. This is now one of my favorite mods ever made, right up there with the ship in POTC.

#27 11 years ago

If you end up making more revisions to the laser files it would be nice (though not required) if you would post your changed versions. It would also be great to add the shims needed for the original LCD screen into the cut files, I can give you the measurements.

#28 11 years ago

i installed it on my LE

and its def worth ever penny

#29 11 years ago

I got mine yesterday, and installed it in under 15 minutes. It's virtually plun-n-play, and very easy to install! Folks buy with confidence, this thing is beautiful! Thanks Mark, Angie, and Tilt (Jeremy) for getting this mod done with style.

The only issue now is my scores are suffering because I'm always staring at it

*edit* Thanks to ecurtz as well!

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Thanks also to Pinhacks who built the prototype, detailed the bill of materials and has allowed others to build/sell.

Quoted from shock_me:

Thanks Mark, Angie, and Tilt (Jeremy) for getting this mod done with style.

What am I, chopped liver?

Seriously though, it's great that people enjoy these so much. It was a fun project (until the painful optimization at the end anyway.)

#31 11 years ago

Sorry Eli! I completely forgot you, my bad! Your contribution of course is the meat of this mod. THanks! Speaking about yourself, I'm also anxiously awaiting your ramp mods! You done yet...

#32 11 years ago

I think I may be the only one on earth who hasn't put one of these on their game. I'm unique

Pappy

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Bought one and cannot express how nicely they are done. Very professional looking, eveything is top notch and I enthusiastically say buy with confidence. Mark communicated well throughout the process. I had seen the pics but real cabinet was even better in person.

Quoted from shock_me:

got mine yesterday, and installed it in under 15 minutes. It's virtually plun-n-play, and very easy to install! Folks buy with confidence, this thing is beautiful! Thanks Mark, Angie

Thanks guys I am glad you like them.

#34 11 years ago

I finally got around to installing mine tonight - TOTALLY AWESOME! Terrific work Mark. Thank you so much for taking Jeremy's instructions and building these for us. Really turned out great.

BTW...I stink at repairs but this was a piece of cake. Instructions with pictures were fantastic. Very happy - buy with confidence must have for Tron LE. Night and day over old one factory stock.

#35 11 years ago

By the way ecurtz, jeremy and anyone else involved - big thumbs up!!

#36 11 years ago

If a round 3 is made, I think this is a no brainer for my future tron

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I finally got around to installing mine tonight - TOTALLY AWESOME! Terrific work Mark. Thank you so much for taking Jeremy's instructions and building these for us. Really turned out great.

BTW...I stink at repairs but this was a piece of cake. Instructions with pictures were fantastic. Very happy - buy with confidence must have for TRON LE. Night and day over old one factory stock.

Thanks I am glad you like it.
Yes we did use Jeremy’s ingredients and I thank him for sharing them but like any good chef we added some new ingredients and changed the recipe some to version 2.1.
If there is enough demand then we will do another run.

#38 11 years ago

What is difference between 2.0 and 2.1?

#39 11 years ago

I have one on my Tron, THANK YOU guys! it's really cool. But as my friend Gary says, "why can't you put a joystick on the lockdown bar and play that video game? or use the flipper buttons?" hmmm.... Now there's an upgrade mod for ya! hehehehe

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

2.0 has screws on the outside and matte decals

2.1, no screws and glossy decals

... to name the two I noticed anyhow

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

My V2.1 mini Tron Cab
• No screws on the sides of the cab
• Glossy vinyl decals (not different but mine are also machine cut)
• Base is blue UV reactive acrylic
• LED’s are powered off the 5v not the screens 3.3v power. They were have been optimized voltage/current draw for improved brightness and efficiency
• Marque led placement has changed.

I must say thanks to Eli Curtz of nuprometheus.com. Without him you would see nothing on the screen and we would not even have V1 or V2 or my V2.1.

V2.1 is based off Tilt/Jeremy’s design V2.0 was an amazing place to start from I just made a few tweaks.

Most of the changes were user requested and the changes are evolutionary and not revolutionary.
I was not going to directly point the changes out because V2 was so cool but you asked.

1 week later
#42 11 years ago

All the second run and extended second run are shipped or ready to ship.

I would like to say thank you everybody that purchased one. We received a lot of nice comments from people that received their cabs. The next run will be announced shortly.

#44 11 years ago

Got mine today, thanks for the quick response and shipping!

#45 11 years ago

I don't even have a Tron game but this has to be one of the best (if not the best) mods ever!!!! Nicely done guys!

#46 11 years ago

I got mine yesterday and the quality is second to none.

#47 11 years ago

Got mine a couple of weeks ago and got it installed. WOW!!!! Everyone who sees this mod is blown away.

I promised you a pic Mark. Here you go!

IMG_0845.JPGIMG_0845.JPG

#48 11 years ago

Mine is due in a week or so and I can't wait! After seeing all the pics and videos of this mod it really makes the stock one look soooo bad...

#49 11 years ago

Mine arrived....will be installing this weekend! Thanks gang!

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from Mordux:

Got mine today, thanks for the quick response and shipping!

Who doesn't love Opus right? I miss Bloom County.

There are 796 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mini-arcade-cabinet-we-are-now-taking-preorders-for-the-second-run and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.