Screen Shot 2013-11-16 at 12.48.27 AM.png
IMG_6928.jpeg
olivia.gif
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 10 years ago

Removed the tron disc motor assembly today, peeled off the black rubber, cleaned all the adhesive from the plastic then reassembled with the clear disc available from pinballcenter.eu.

I think it looks fine, discs are slightly taller than the plastic not flush, but didn't notice if the stock ones were flush either.

My disc wasn't perfectly cut out but pretty much close and a tight fit.

Hopefully this fixes any black rubber splatter on the playfield issues.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

You know I saw those a few weeks ago. I didn't even think about the fact that it might resolve all the black crap smearing. I will say those clear rubbers are a LOT harder than even black rubber so let us know how it plays.

#3 10 years ago

Nice idea, you should definitely report back after some use.

#4 10 years ago

Would it be possible for you to post some pictures of the game on and lit? That looks like it has the potential to be awesome - I know the clear rubbers looked great on our Tron.

#5 10 years ago

wow.... didnt even know this product exists.... yes, please report back on how the disc works out for you. would be awesome is this helps alleviate the infamous "black rubber" issue.

Quoted from Aurich:

Nice idea, you should definitely report back after some use.

#6 10 years ago

thanks for the pics!
ok we are waiting on the gameplay report
and a video would be great

#7 10 years ago

Ok I played a few games and it whips good , maybe even a little more? The rubber feels more grippy than stock, not a bad thing.

The best part is my red LEDs shine right through it so looks pretty sweet lit up. Pic might not so justice.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

The rubber feels more grippy than stock, not a bad thing.

well... it is. in that way the ball will go out faster into the pf, and the probability to brake more stuff gets bigger.

Quoted from BillE:

The best part is my red LEDs shine right through it so looks pretty sweet lit up.

now that looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!
hmmm..... better get mine before it sells out

#9 10 years ago

awesome!!!

#10 10 years ago

Are there any distributors for this in the U.S.? That looks pretty sweet.

#11 10 years ago

You can just order from them it wasn't that expensive from what I remember. Been playing some more and I really like it, the disc glows pretty good with the lights.

#12 10 years ago

Even if they sell out, PinballCenter is really good about restocking. They're the only ones that have transparent rubber at the moment.

#13 10 years ago

Order Placed!

#14 10 years ago

WOW! Me Too...

Order placed. Cant wait to see if this gets rid of all that nasty black!

#15 10 years ago

here is the link:
http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/disc-rubber-set-transparent-tron-legacy-p-6216.html?language=english

these guys are really good. they ship the same day.
made plenty of orders from them already.

#16 10 years ago

Looks great! Noted for future reference.

#17 10 years ago

That looks awesome.. would love to see it on an LE with the Blue + Red flashers.

#18 10 years ago

If anyone orders extras, let me know. Helps with shipping cost.

#19 10 years ago

Is this the same rubber mat that's on the centrifuge in CSi? I gave the black rubber in that thing a good scrubbing once and haven't had nearly as much black residue since.

#20 10 years ago

Just placed a order. Never knew about this place.

1 week later
#21 10 years ago

For those of you who have been using this for a little while, notice any difference in the playfield black smudges?

#22 10 years ago

Got my clear Tron Disc rubber set from pinballcenter.eu today. When I peeled off the black rubber from the disc motor assembly, the adhesive/glue remained with adherent rubber fragments/residue. I was able to remove the fragments/residue with mineral spirits paint thinner, but the glue residue remains with patchy black semi-transparent staining. I don't think it's possible to remove the glue residue without damaging the plastic disc. Has anybody else had this problem? Any suggestions, besides buying a new plastic disc? One could purchase a white disc rubber set from pinballlife.com, but I prefer transparent.

#23 10 years ago

Got mine yesterday. Hope to attempt installation this weekend. (My machine only has 300 plays on it since May... so hopefully the black hasn't leached into the plastic.)

#24 10 years ago

Don't worry about that hard thin layer if residue, won't affect installation , the black stuff you do want to remove as much as possible though. The clear rubber isn't completely clear, semi opaque, so you will never see or notice the old glue. Just stick right in top of it.

#25 10 years ago

that's it, i am getting one.

#26 10 years ago

as lots of you, i'm interested in this, even more due to the gumball in my game, its quickly full of black marks on it...

#27 10 years ago

So I started a tread over a year ago after about 100 plays my tron disc lost its wow factor dare I say the game lost its luster fast. I tried everything new disc rubber from Pinballlife but wow this thing really changed the game back to the way it was. I would recommend to anybody who is on the fence. Pulling the old one off is a pain in the butt - but if you want speed again this is it!

#28 10 years ago

I bought one. Looking forward to less cleaning. Shipping was around the same as the vendors in the US.

#29 10 years ago

I bought a new disk from PinballLife

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

That looks awesome.. would love to see it on an LE with the Blue + Red flashers.

You can put red and blue flashers into the Pro. Just keep the reds and blues on the separate circuits, and you'll get some great light shows.

#31 10 years ago

The nice thing about the black rubber discs is it retains the Tron disc style of lit rings. Now - it might be cool to get best of both worlds by painting the inside of the grooves black, then placing the clear disc on top of it. That way no black rubber wears off, but you get the cool intended look.

(BTW - BillE - your orange plastic protector is on wrong...they go under the plastics. )

#32 10 years ago

Ya I tried that and the recognizer screws were way to short to go through both plastics, did you go buy longer screw or something? Trying to find the right ones, so I left it off. Also there wasn't enough thread left in the back for the back four nuts to go on either with both plastic and protector to go together weird.

#33 10 years ago

The clear ones look better in every way. Maybe one of the stateside retailers can become a reseller for pinballcenter? Their clear rubbers are awesome too. Thanks to the OP for pointing these out

#34 10 years ago

put a color changing LED in there so it morphs into other colors. That would be Tits.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

I bought a new disk from PinballLife

That clear disc they sell is what is under the rubber, correct? I may to the same to make the mod reversible.

#36 10 years ago

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

Just ordered the clear disc. Excited to see if it is "Tits"

Have you guys seen the new clear slingshot rubbers /etc that are now available?? I was thinking "THAT would look cool on Tron"

#38 10 years ago

#39 10 years ago

That would be Tits.

Rubbers are the Tits.

You Rang?

olivia.gifolivia.gif

#40 10 years ago

this thread is about to get way more action than it should.

#41 10 years ago

This looks great! I'm going to ordering it. Also, what do you recommend for LEDs to install around the spinning disc? If I'm going to take apart the disc assembly, I might as well put in some better GI illumination. Note, I have an LE. Thanks!

#42 10 years ago

I have the cointaker 555 super reds for mine

#43 10 years ago

Ok so maybe someone could put a kit together? Are we talking 2 pieces? And then the LED's.

#44 10 years ago

So my pad spun off in about 8 seconds - but a dab will do you. First time using glue in a pinball machine but I know stern did this after the stock ones were flying off... at the end of the day - this returned my tron back to the game I loved. Had my first stuck ball under a sling today after the ball shot it at me so fast I missed it... Also got my first dimple in the outlanes yeah game is crazy good now. Thanks for posting about this part.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

So my pad spun off in about 8 seconds - but a dab will do you. First time using glue in a pinball machine but I know stern did this after the stock ones were flying off... at the end of the day - this returned my tron back to the game I loved. Had my first stuck ball under a sling today after the ball shot it at me so fast I missed it... Also got my first dimple in the outlanes yeah game is crazy good now. Thanks for posting about this part.

What glue did you use? I have the clear rubber disc, but have not had a chance to put it on.

#46 10 years ago

Gel Super Glue - Played about 30 games tonight an no fly offs.

#47 10 years ago

So, any difference as of yet with the black stuff or is it too early to tell?

#48 10 years ago

Got mine tonight and here is my review:

Stay away from this one!
The rubber has way more grip and some balls fly out of the disc in a speed that will probably brake something someday.
It is supposed to be fast, but not that fast. So fast is scary lol
Got some air balls (nothing new in Tron), but i noticed one of them hit the entrance of the right ramp at middle height, for sure if the protector wasn't there the ramp would have been broken.
I rather have the black crap than risk breaking something.
I am not playing another game until i put the black rubber back (that is to show how serious i am about this).
Maybe with time it looses grip, but i am not gonna risk it.
It's a little hard to explain, so i made a video. Also it's hard to show my feeling on the video:

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Stay away from this one!
The rubber has way more grip and some balls fly out of the disc in a speed that will probably brake something someday.
Got some air balls (nothing new in Tron), but i noticed one of them hit the entrance of the right ramp at middle height, for sure if the protector wasn't there the ramp would have been broken.
I am not playing another game until i put the black rubber back (that is to show how serious i am about this).
It's a little hard to explain, so i made a video. Also it's hard to show my feeling on the video:
» YouTube video

That looked sort of violent.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Stay away from this one!
» YouTube video

Looks good. Love the new speed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-clear-disc-installed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.