TILT.....

Started 2 years ago by jjeffrey69 in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

TILT.....

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by jjeffrey69
  • 22 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from blizz81

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

How do you all feel about when you have company over, and they play your pins. All ok until they try a hip bump, shove, nudge! I feel slightly angered when they do this! No tilts occurred,, BUT REALLY?? What are your thoughts??

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Nudging is an essential part of playing pinball. Even if they get a tilt. The machines are more than built to handle it. You shouldn't get mad at all, you should be glad they are getting into it.

Abuse of an arcade device is easy to spot, kicked in coin doors, lifting and dropping the machine. Heavy heavy shaking that makes the backbox sway,

Anything else is fine, You should be more worried about your floors or walls if the play gets very spirited.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Part of the game....Unless they are putting it through the wall or trying bangbacks, then chill....

HOWEVER, with that said, it is your game, your money, your rules....Just be clear up front your expectations or post a sign...But alot of those who play regularly tend to get a bit aggressive in the nudging department.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Nudge Nudge Nudge

Absolutely no picking up the machine or saving it by sliding the machine a couple feet.
    If they are over they are my friends. If they are my friends they are respectful to me and my things. Unless it was just extremely disrespectful then GAME ON.

IMO

Have fun first and foremost life is short

I have skates on MM if that lets you know how much I like nudging.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I can get pretty animated playing mine but, only to a point.....I will say something if I think someone is getting to rough with my pin. I have a lot of time and money invested in my choice of hobbies.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I tilt every 10 games or so. Beat the game before it beats you. My tilt is real tight though.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

LOL.. Well, one individual got a little more agressive for my taste,, now I am being a little over reactive I guess.. I nudge and bump,, he was flat out beating it up in front of me..

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I treat others pins nicer than mine and I rarely tilt.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I encourage it. If you not moving that puppy you don't know what you're doing.

Shoot_Again said:

...or saving it by sliding the machine a couple feet.

Ha I was doing this just last night in an arcade and thought, "If you don't want me to move it that far don't put it on tile."

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Like everyone else has said - part of the game. I usually go quite a bit easier on other's pins as a courtesy.

What I CAN'T stand, is an aggressive act when the ball is NOT in play. Banging/slapping the machine on the side, lock bar, or glass is simply unacceptable and childish. It's fine to give the machine a reasonable slap when it's in an attempt to save a ball or improve it's position. It is not alright to do this in some sort of display of what you perceive as the machine's wrongdoing.

I used to golf with a pro who would laugh at people when they threw their clubs - then he'd say "clearly you aren't as good as you think you are!" He always reminded people, "you looked stupid when you threw your club, you look even stupider when you have to walk to pick it up.." The same holds true for pinball, we're all subject to the laws of physics. No sense in going into toddler-mode over it.

By the way, I think we should all start shaming these people.. How about a collective "aww" or "what gives" when people act out on a machine in this way?

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

The worst for me is when people come over and hit the start button like 20 times. Start a multi-player game then leave it.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

As long as they don't lift the machine off the ground or continue to nudge after they tilt, that's ok with me.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Nudging bumping and tilting are part of pinball...unless they are slamming them around like an idoit, then dont worry about it.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

If there is one thing I have learned in this hobby, it's the importance of having the tilts on all your pins properly working. Not only does it make you a better player in the long run, but it also discourages guests from abusing the games.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Deaconblooze said:

Banging/slapping the machine on the side, lock bar, or glass is simply unacceptable and childish.

Agreed...that's kid stuff. Even a little pushy pushy after the tilt is fine by me if it's really against you. My brother slammed a bar and shattered a whole glass once in our league...never heard of that before...crazy.

RGR

Pinball master
    2,533,400 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Just set the tilt up so that they cant do it..

RobT

Pinside legend
    12,270,723 3
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    jjeffrey69 said:

How do you all feel about when you have company over, and they play your pins. All ok until they try a hip bump, shove, nudge! I feel slightly angered when they do this! No tilts occurred,, BUT REALLY?? What are your thoughts??

Wait.....no tilts even occurred, but you felt slightly angered at them? They didn't even tilt the pin!

PLEASE RE-TITLE THIS THREAD AS IT IS MISLEADING!!!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    RobT said:

Wait.....no tilts even occurred, but you felt slightly angered at them? They didn't even tilt the pin!
    PLEASE RE-TITLE THIS THREAD AS IT IS MISLEADING!!!

Ha...well RobT does have a point!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

For the most part most guests that I get to play are the opposite. I encourage them to nudge the game, it's part of playing the game. I do have one friend that gets drunk and gets a bit rough, but he's never picked up a pin or anything, and I just laugh at him when he tilts. He's also helped lug most of my pins up and down the stairs so I cut him even more slack.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Deaconblooze said:

I used to golf with a pro who would laugh at people when they threw their clubs - then he'd say "clearly you aren't as good as you think you are!" He always reminded people, "you looked stupid when you threw your club, you look even stupider when you have to walk to pick it up.." The same holds true for pinball, we're all subject to the laws of physics. No sense in going into toddler-mode over it.

Well said bro. +1

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

can't strong nudging cause the corner paint on the cabs to chip, or if with decals, to wrinkle?

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    gweempose said:

If there is one thing I have learned in this hobby, it's the importance of having the tilts on all your pins properly working. Not only does it make you a better player in the long run, but it also discourages guests from abusing the games.

+1

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    docscott said:

can't strong nudging cause the corner paint on the cabs to chip, or if with decals, to wrinkle?

Yes, but so can over tightening the leg bolts... Pick your poison!
    I personally hate it when the machines are set to "super sensitive" (More than 1/2" above ring). For example, if a teetering ball on the outlane post triggers a TILT warning when a slight side nudge is applied, I tend to not want to play that machine again. The biggest offender I encountered was the TRON:LE at PPE last year. Just a tiny bump set that thing off... Ridiculous!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Set your TILT bobs to be tight and that should discourage people from walking your game wall to wall

One thing that really annoys me are people who keep flipping the flippers for no reason or waiting for the ball to come back down. The multiple start button presses are also a bother too and making me want to take free play off and have people insert quarters.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Tilt bob removed and sliders (+ carpet) on the front feet of my table. Just the way we like to have fun. Sliders seem to save the table and the carpet some stress.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple