• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

plug.JPG
speedholes.jpg
156402_3487512621056_478190398_n.jpg
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

it never knew what was coming. Won't someone think of the children?

Quoting the owner:

"This makes me enjoy my Tron even more. I did it myself, quite dangerous, because I needed to keep enough space between the cut-out of the 'shoot again' light and the centerpole. I also drilled extra holes at the side drainages, to move the poles there so that these drainage holes also become smaller. At the end, I'm 100% glad with these modifications."

156402_3487512621056_478190398_n.jpg156402_3487512621056_478190398_n.jpg

#2 11 years ago

And that folks, is how you make your machine lose at least $1K in value.

#3 11 years ago

OMFG

#4 11 years ago

Yikes. At least he was careful?

#5 11 years ago

only in canukistan

#6 11 years ago

uhhhh.... he knows about the ball save feature right? yikes.

#8 11 years ago

I find Tron LE plays fair. Would never consider doing that. Hopefully owner gave the machine enough play. Wonder what he thinks of the GEM shot? Hope the owner doesn't buy an AC/DC, they wouldn't be happy with the drains on that.

#9 11 years ago

Hey, it's his machine so he can do what he wants. I am sure he doesn't care if it hurts the resale value if in the end it provides more enjoyment for him since you cannot put a price tag on that. The point in owning these machines is to have fun and everyone gets so caught up in the value and prices.

#10 11 years ago

Sweet MOD .....LOL

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Hey, it's his machine so he can do what he wants. I am sure he doesn't care if it hurts the resale value if in the end it provides more enjoyment for him since you cannot put a price tag on that. The point in owning these machines is to have fun and everyone gets so caught up in the value and prices.

Yeah but isn't it kinda like adding speed holes? speedholes.jpgspeedholes.jpg

#13 11 years ago

It's his machine, he can do what he wants. He likes Apocalypto though, which is unforgivable.

#14 11 years ago

I would never do it to my machine and think it's silly as well, but he can do what he wants. If throwing it off a building provides enjoyment then so be it.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I would never do it to my machine and think it's silly as well, but he can do what he wants. If throwing it off a building provides enjoyment then so be it.

I guess... I'm a fan of reversible mods, myself. If he ever decides to resell it, then I wish him the best of luck.

#16 11 years ago

Nice mods, eh?

FWIW, it's your machine so do what you want.

#17 11 years ago

My SM has the SDTM drain-saver post ( Factory mod ) ,, I'm Glad it's there !!! I'm Not gonna do that to my NIB Tron that's on the way , Not Sure how long i'll keep it..

#18 11 years ago

Well, there is another, easier way to make the outlanes smaller on modern Sterns. Use a star post.

#19 11 years ago

Totally dumb question, but I have contemplated this before. I am sure it is covered some where obvious i am not finding, but here I go.

Were/are these posts installed from factory? 2 of my machines have them...SF2 is the only one I question as being after market.

#20 11 years ago

Some games have these in the design. Tron is not one of them.

#21 11 years ago

It isn't mine and it isn't likely to make it's way from the netherlands to my home, so I don't care.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Some games have these in the design. Tron is not one of them.

right, i knew that. ive played a tron and had some trouble with drains, but i think the game was set to hard because there was no ball save.

either way thanks for the reply

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Totally dumb question, but I have contemplated this before. I am sure it is covered some where obvious i am not finding, but here I go.
Were/are these posts installed from factory? 2 of my machines have them...SF2 is the only one I question as being after market.

My SF2 had one. Pretty sure it was listed in the manual as a part, too. Meaning it came from the factory that way.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

My SM has the SDTM drain-saver post ( Factory mod ) ,, I'm Glad it's there !!! I'm Not gonna do that to my NIB Tron that's on the way , Not Sure how long i'll keep it..

To each there own right! Congrats I knew it would t be long before you and gem got it on!

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

My SF2 had one. Pretty sure it was listed in the manual as a part, too. Meaning it came from the factory that way.

very good, thanks. i dont have a manual for that machine at this time. i figured i would keep it since i have had issues leveling my car smash window to where it doesnt cause the ball to change trajectory almost all the time. now i know its meant to be there. thanks again

#27 11 years ago

Blasphemous

#28 11 years ago

flipper spacing seems tight on tron. it's not even a drain monster.

#30 11 years ago

Umm.. am I the only one that thinks this is ok from a reversibility standpoint? Even after the post is removed its gonna leave a hole in an area that wont matter when it comes to play? So whats the big deal?

#31 11 years ago

So he'll get $7500 instead of $8500, haha.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

Umm.. am I the only one that thinks this is ok from a reversibility standpoint? Even after the post is removed its gonna leave a hole in an area that wont matter when it comes to play? So whats the big deal?

It's a hole you will see. Doesnt influence ball path, but its ugly and unnecessary damage.
Not reversable as you will leave a hole.

My TZ had one too installed when I bought it. Removed the post, still don't like the hole.
When I shop it again I plan to fill it and careful repaint / clearcoat.

#33 11 years ago

A Deep Permanent Hole , I'd Still buy the pin !! Pinball_Customs Knew what the out-come of this Thread would be .. It's his pin and he Probably laugh-n ,,

#34 11 years ago

lol why you gotta be like that, BR?

I don't own a LE... wish I did though (before they shot up to crazy stupid prices!!)

#35 11 years ago

This might sound like a ridiculous question. But I was under the impression that some European versions of pins have these posts, when US versions do not? I am not saying Tron LE specifically, but some models. Maybe is it more acceptable overseas or more desired.

#36 11 years ago

At first I thought it was yours too pinball_customs. Then I read the thread title again.

#37 11 years ago

Hmmm. Wouldn't it just be easier to play better?

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

This might sound like a ridiculous question. But I was under the impression that some European versions of pins have these posts, when US versions do not?

There are weird laws in the UK that require a game to have special posts that can be activated by the player in order to prevent a drain:

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/ukposts.html

#39 11 years ago

I think WOW best describes it.

This is your machine and if this makes you happy then great. I would never ever go here personally.

#40 11 years ago

The owner should give up his man card.

#41 11 years ago

My thoughts exactly. Talk about lowering the value of a game

#42 11 years ago

i would just try and be a better player .. i hate those things . hated it in my spidy too

#43 11 years ago

Why all the hate? Everyone seems to love Spiderman, and it's got one of these!

#44 11 years ago

i saw that thread on RGP. I think he took it down. But as Steve Ritchie told me...play better. Least there's a LE out there now worth $1000 less than all the others already.

#45 11 years ago

Dumb ass

#46 11 years ago

"Just like suicide"

#47 11 years ago

It's his machine. He can lather it in bacon grease, spray paint his initials on the translite and marry it.

Now, will anybody buy it...? A different topic altogether.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

It isn't mine and it isn't likely to make it's way from the netherlands to my home, so I don't care.

why go to all that trouble when you can just drill yours

#50 11 years ago

I don't like bumper bowling

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-poor-defenseless-tron-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.