Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

everypin.jpg
    Disturbing_the_herd.gif

#2 10 years ago

Killroy was here...

#3 10 years ago

And that Street fighter looked like it was in nice shape.

#4 10 years ago

This has been done to death on many forums.

TNT has given away many games and cabinets. Sold even more.

And no matter what, some do hit the dumpster. You can't save everything.

At least dig up the video of the DJ's destroying a mint Bally Rolling Stones, that one has only been half done to death.

LTG : )

#6 10 years ago

This is old news, but I still think it was dumb for them to do this. Just like I did when this was first posted over a year ago.

#7 10 years ago

thats really to bad what a waste

#8 10 years ago

Todd Tuckey's a great guy and all, but I really hate this bit of schtick that he pulls out every now and then.

With that said, it's a brilliant marketing move on his part, as these videos garner a shit-ton of attention with the particular communities he's targeting. Not only that, but these types of clips have a longevity that lasts for YEARS.

#9 10 years ago

If your not a pinhead/arcade person, and the value of the games is under the fun of throwing them off of a building then why not. I would not do it though, because I see the value in them. I would rather list them for free pickup.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

At least dig up the video of the DJ's destroying a mint Bally Rolling Stones, that one has only been half done to death.

Yeah, that video is hard to watch.

#12 10 years ago

It was a stunt for their infomercial. And this video is years old.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That's just one of the many things that makes Opie especially hateable:

(I'm a big fan of the O&A show, but Opie makes it HARD to stay one year after year.)

#14 10 years ago

Tuckey claims these games were beyond repair, and yet if they had been posted for free on CL they would be gone in an hour to people who would at worst part them out, or at best fix them up.

But yeah, it's a dead horse and has been for years, and every time one of these threads comes up it bums me out that TNT is getting yet more attention (positive or not) for such a lame stunt.

#15 10 years ago

I don't think it was wasteful at all. There was a SF2 in there. That alone brought the value up at least up to $504 for those of you that actually kept one around. Congrats on your new found riches.

A lot of games are worth more in parts than they are working and together. If they have water damaged cabinets/playfields, they arn't salvageable. Nature of the beast.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And no matter what, some do hit the dumpster. You can't save everything

I disagree. Remember that heavily water damaged whitewater that sold on ebay for $900 like a year ago? Both the LAH and indy500 by today's prices would easily sell for $1200+ depending on condition.

Surely TNT amusements never watched the movie "corvette summer", not everything is junk no matter how bad it might look

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from bobbyconover:

if they had been posted for free on CL they would be gone in an hour to people who would at worst part them out, or at best fix them up.

Todd has also done this in the past, only asked people take the whole game and not strip off parts. And too many times people grab the good parts and leave Todd or his employees to clean up the mess.

#18 10 years ago

Seen this before. Sad. Even though TNT has decided that these machines can't be saved, I still think it is dumb of them to put their name on a video like this. My immediate Knee-jerk reaction is "I will never buy anything from them" and I bet it is the same reaction as many others. I just think it is not good advertising. Too easy for people to get a wrong First Impression. They have lost me no matter what and I don't know anything about the situation.

#19 10 years ago

I hope they have to repair the roof after that. That sucks, what a waste.

#20 10 years ago

This really hurt me to watch. I mean, these weren't terrible looking games from what I could see. I would have happily taken that LAH, even if took me $1,000 and 50 hours to get it working again, I would have tried.

#21 10 years ago

Every year Todd's salvages what he can from games and offers what he cant use for FREE FIRST within the community (rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace/collecting, pinball and pinside). When there are no takers he gets rid of them. Sometimes no one is willing to pay $200 and ship a pin vid that is half empty. Trust me that he gets every viable part from these games before this happens.

Like Lloyd said already

Quoted from LTG:

You can't save everything. LTG : )

This video pops up a few times a year and almost always disturbs the heard when it's posted.

Disturbing_the_herd.gifDisturbing_the_herd.gif

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Todd has also done this in the past, only asked people take the whole game and not strip off parts. And too many times people grab the good parts and leave Todd or his employees to clean up the mess.

Instead his employees had to clean up smashed machines that were tossed from the building, which is worse?
    Dead horse beaten further. We can now call this subject the zombie horse.

#23 10 years ago

everypin.jpgeverypin.jpg

#24 10 years ago

I closed the page after the second pin as I couldn't bear to watch it anymore. I find it hard to believe that nobody would take those pins as the bodies looked pretty good and I am sure there were some parts that could have been salvaged. It's his money so he can do what he wants but surely he's not offering those machines to the pinside community for free and he's not hooking me as a customer with this stunt. If he keeps it up LAH will be 10k by christmas......... hmm maybe he's onto something here.....

#25 10 years ago

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!!!!!! It's the second time I see it and it still hurt my eyes

#26 10 years ago

For a pin with a ruined playfield and backglass, that's not worth fixing, yeah I can see doing this to it. But if they're gonna do it they might as well do it right. They need to use a taller building, so the stuff will smash much more spectacularly.

Also would be fun to drop stuff that's plugged in and lit up, on a long extension cord. Worst that can happen is it will trip the AC breaker upon impact. And it probably won't even do that.

#27 10 years ago

I'm thinking about doing the same with my Tron:LE. All the damn thing does is take up space and cause seizures.

#28 10 years ago

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-sad-and-unnecessary and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.