image-46.jpg
TWD.jpg
tumblr_mbxunsZV4K1qfpn1do1_500.gif
tumblr_mbxuyyF8NG1qfpn1do1_500.gif
tumblr_m8thd3uq1p1qfpn1do1_500.gif
the-walkin-dead.gif
tumblr_ln00e8DuUt1qfpn1do1_400.gif
Genious.gif
There are 341 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

What about John trudeau designing it
He did join stern earlier this year

What about Greg Freres, is he still there?

http://www.sternpinball.com/About/News/greg-freres-joins-stern-pinball.aspx

#152 10 years ago

Yeah, I saw that YouTube vid last year. Looks awesome! Great rock twist on the soundtrack!!!

1 month later
#153 10 years ago

Next title after ST?

#154 10 years ago

Hell No.
Resident Evil!

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

The Character Andrea. It sucks they killed her off.

Depends which version. I was happy to see the useless TV version of her go her own way. Man...

1 month later
#156 10 years ago

Its comin'.....

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Its comin'.....

I hope so, need this to replace my ST disappointment.......!

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hope so, need this to replace my ST disappointment.......!

Ouchies for stern. I agree.

+1 on this.

#159 10 years ago

Wow. Almost 200 votes for TWD pin. Wowsers.

#160 10 years ago

TWD followed by Game of Thrones = my first two NIB purchases

#161 10 years ago

Just a reminder...Season 4 Premiers tonight on AMC

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtySouth:

TWD followed by Game of Thrones = my first two NIB purchases

A perfect quinella, I agree! But, since neither pin has overseas appeal it doesn't look like its possible for either....

#163 10 years ago

Aren't both tv shows broadcast in Europe and oz? The books are an international phenomenon, not sure about the comics international publishing.

What SHOULD make these two IPs attractive to Stern (or JJP) is the fact that they aren't just in a single aspect of pop culture. Both started as published works but now also include a devoted television following as well. Basically double dipping their exposure to many people that wouldn't have encountered them were they only a tv show or only a book/comic.

And then you've got the uber fans (like me ) who love the tv shows AND the books/comics.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A perfect quinella, I agree! But, since neither pin has overseas appeal it doesn't look like its possible for either....

Uh? Who said that?
Both Games of Thrones and TWD are popular here, especially for teens and yound adults.

Quoted from DirtySouth:

And then you've got the uber fans (like me) who love the tv shows AND the books/comics.

Count me in that category too. My sons as well.

#165 10 years ago

Think you got that lack of overseas appeal wrong. Both shows are massive in the UK despite not being on mainstream TV. Personally I'd buy a GOT NIB anyday

#166 10 years ago

STLE getting a potential lukewarm acceptance here and elsewhere, stern needs to watch their future pricing, first and foremost, and get on this extremely important part of subculture. I've been a fan of the living dead since I was 5, (1971). I've seen tons of awesome developments over the decades. A zombie theme would be the crown jewel of my collection.

Not to say Star Trek isn't awesome, it is!

5 months later
#167 10 years ago

I'm reopening this thread. Givin' Gary an Internet punch in his head!

#168 10 years ago

It's coming. I've heard it in the white-wood stage.

#169 10 years ago

This would be my first NIB from Stern if it was made. Was tinkering with the idea of buying a AC/DC Luci as my first one, but now I'll hold off on it even though its just rumors. Still, loving the possibility of playing one within a years time, based on how quickly Stern pumps them out. Now all I need to do is buy a bigger house to fit all my new games coming this year! What a great time for pinball...

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

It's coming. I've heard it in the white-wood stage.

Mnpinball said it was in WHITEWOOD stage, but I've heard crickets on my end from my Stern guy.

Odd. He was either wrong that TWD was coming after ST or he wasn't. I thought he was but now I'm not so sure.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

He was either wrong that TWD was coming after ST or he wasn't. I thought he was but now I'm not so sure.

I'm glad that we have that cleared up!

#172 10 years ago

Right....image-46.jpgimage-46.jpg

#173 10 years ago

We need more votes on this. Keep em coming!

If it gets popular enough Ted can direct an episode next year where Daryl fights Walkers while playing pinball.

1 month later
#174 9 years ago

Keeping this thread undead.

#175 9 years ago

Its seems like forever since Stern has done anything for me because i had zero interest in Mustang. Ready for some more Zombies!

#176 9 years ago

Planet of the Apes is next..

#177 9 years ago

Iron Maiden was already made and shipped 8 times since this thread was started.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Planet of the Apes is next..

Just guessing or are you fairly sure about that? Will it be the same red dmd? Id love to see a planet of the apes game.

#179 9 years ago

I love the Walking Dead series, however, in a pin I'd vote for Resident Evil. It would also scratch the zombie itch, plus the back glass would be full of hot chicks......instead of displaying Rick and Daryl's mugs. Also the various Umbrella Corp sites have been a little more imaginative than the farm or prison.

#180 9 years ago

Resident Evil has been rumoured since people started asking for a Tron pinball. With every new release, someone will say that <insert designer here> is working on Resident Evil at Stern. I think the ship has sailed on Resident Evil?

#181 9 years ago

I hear this has been confirmed at the NW Pin Show to be Sterns next title. Anyone else confirm?

#182 9 years ago

Coast 2 Coast Pinball put up 'TWD' as a Facebook post last night. Maybe the announcement is soon.

#183 9 years ago

I hope its TWD and they post it soon, so many things to buy but I don't want to make a move until I know the next Stern title. I think by July 1st we will get the announcement.

#184 9 years ago

Any news of this from NW Pin show? Was this actually confirmed?

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I hear this has been confirmed at the NW Pin Show to be Sterns next title. Anyone else confirm?

I've heard this as well. But not sure who the heck confirmed it. Was Stern employee afaik.

#186 9 years ago

I am hearing the same thing from a reputable source.

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I am hearing the same thing from a reputable source.

Ooooooooohhhhhhh, me too, and since I said it on Pinside, it must be true.

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Ooooooooohhhhhhh, me too, and since I said it on Pinside, it must be true.

It is.

#189 9 years ago

TWD
Maiden
Muppets

In what order?

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

TWD
Maiden
Muppets
In what order?

TWD is out late July. Sure it will be at Comicon

#192 9 years ago

I was at the nw show and heard nothing of it?!? Was busy looking at hobbit play field art, but would think it would have made some talk around?!?

#193 9 years ago

My head is going to explode. Who wants to buy a game or two from me?

#194 9 years ago

It was mentioned on the private WOZ group a long time ago by Jack that "another company" already secured the rights to the comic. Seems like an odd choice for Stern if true, although I would much rather prefer that over a photoshop montage from the show for playfield art. Being a huge fan of the show and comic, I'll be happy with either.

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

It was mentioned on the private WOZ group a long time ago by Jack that "another company" already secured the rights to the comic. Seems like an odd choice for Stern if true, although I would much rather prefer that over a photoshop montage from the show for play-field art. Being a huge fan of the show and comic, I'll be happy with either.

WHAT? Was he indicating that he wanted TWD but was unable to get it because Stern already had it? I hope they throw everything into this game, or I'm going to remember this in angst.

#196 9 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

It was mentioned on the private WOZ group a long time ago by Jack that "another company" already secured the rights to the comic. Seems like an odd choice for Stern if true, although I would much rather prefer that over a photoshop montage from the show for playfield art. Being a huge fan of the show and comic, I'll be happy with either.

A black and white color scheme would look awesome. This would be one I would have to deeply consider if true, especially since it would be a Borg to boot.

#197 9 years ago

He said that they were approached about the license (I'm assuming for the show) but since "another company" already secured the license for the comic, he didn't feel the need for two TWD games out there. I would guess that the license for the comic is much easier (and cheaper) to get than the one for the show. My hope is comic art, and get one or more actors from the show for callouts. Best of both worlds right there.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

The comic was picked up by Zen Pinball/Telltale and is being debuted today at E3

If stern is making one it is most likely based on the TV show

#199 9 years ago

I know about the Zen table, and that's not how Jack made it sound on the forums. The Zen table would hardly be any kind of competition for a real pin based on the same theme. Telltale may have gotten the license from Skybound, but it really doesn't have anything to do with the comic. I'm sure if Stern wanted to base it on the show, they would have to license Skybound/AMC/etc. Much more headaches and costs involved.

#200 9 years ago

Anyone ideas/guesses TWD modes/toys?!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 26.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
There are 341 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-pin/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.