(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 50.
#151 12 years ago

ok, now I'm ready to get off work with that news!

#152 12 years ago

What a pleasant surprise! Downloading now.

#153 12 years ago

Highscore for a minute there on TOTAN

#154 12 years ago

TOM looks gorgeous on the PS3....plays great too. Having fun with it!

#155 12 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

DCFAN said:So it will work through the user ID rather than the console?
you can only log into one account at a time, but you can have up to 5 PSN accounts. This is similar to itunes. You can purchase the game and DL it on either of your PS3's but you can only be logged in to one @ a time. That make sense?

Just as an FYI you can only dl games on 2 consoles now rather than 5 they made that update late last year in order to curb the rampant game sharing that was going on. The vita is not included in that count so you can actually dl it on 2 ps3 consoles and 1 vita. If I am understanding your statement correctly.

#156 12 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

ok, now I'm ready to get off work with that news!

+1 on that note!

#157 12 years ago

I have the Williams collection on my wii and 360....but this is my first PS3 version with the REAL tables (of course I have all the zen tables). I just enjoy it on my PS3 more because the controller is more comfortable...that's just me though. I have this on my iPad as well but I am definitely loving it on my PS3 more....since its my main source for movies I have it hooked to my LED tv with surround sound...and it's a blast to play like this. The colors are vibrant...gameplay is fast and enjoyable...and it's not easy as I love a challenge. Farsight is definitely on to something here....more tables please!!!

#158 12 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

Just as an FYI you can only dl games on 2 consoles now rather than 5 they made that update late last year in order to curb the rampant game sharing that was going on. The vita is not included in that count so you can actually dl it on 2 ps3 consoles and 1 vita. If I am understanding your statement correctly.

that is correct, man it looks fantastic on the vita screen best version yet!

#159 12 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

cireone said:Just as an FYI you can only dl games on 2 consoles now rather than 5 they made that update late last year in order to curb the rampant game sharing that was going on. The vita is not included in that count so you can actually dl it on 2 ps3 consoles and 1 vita. If I am understanding your statement correctly.

I have been contemplating picking up a vita...I know that OLED screen is pretty darn slick! You enjoying yours besides the pinball??

#160 12 years ago

Is it me or do the flippers seem a tad slow to respond.
I never had that feeling on the Williams collection.

#161 12 years ago

Oops. Iphone double post

#162 12 years ago

Now playing...

#163 12 years ago

Can't find it in UK PSN store. I guess it's a slightly different schedule...

#164 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

mummite said:cireone said:Just as an FYI you can only dl games on 2 consoles now rather than 5 they made that update late last year in order to curb the rampant game sharing that was going on. The vita is not included in that count so you can actually dl it on 2 ps3 consoles and 1 vita. If I am understanding your statement correctly.
I have been contemplating picking up a vita...I know that OLED screen is pretty darn slick! You enjoying yours besides the pinball??

You know it really is a cool system, I always get really excited about the playstation handhelds, buy one at launch, and then it just sits there, cause I don't really have time to play games on the go. This pinball game coming out really makes the purchase worth it, now I get to play pinball on my break at work. Rant over. Summary: A very good system if you realistically can think of a time that you would play it over your ps3 or other home console.

#165 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

The Vita is fantastic and is only going to get better, great E3 line up for it

#166 12 years ago

Playing MM on an android phone now. How are you supposed to get the super skill shot? If I hold left, the ball launches. What about troll bombs too?

#167 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It's because they mapped them to triggers by default, which are analogue, and there's a deadzone. On the 360 version at least in the options you can switch it to shouldet buttons.

That's the least of the games problems though, the physics are just plain wrong - ruins the tables which look accurate and well lit.

#168 12 years ago

Torched the in-game high score on TOM! Pretty much sucked it up on the other tables.

The physics aren't perfect, but they're decent. All in all it is money well spent just to be able to learn the rulesets of these pins.

#169 12 years ago

Add me! PSN ID: Dr_Adder

#170 12 years ago
Quoted from system11:

DCFAN said:

It's because they mapped them to triggers by default, which are analogue, and there's a deadzone. On the 360 version at least in the options you can switch it to shouldet buttons.
That's the least of the games problems though, the physics are just plain wrong - ruins the tables which look accurate and well lit.

How can it be fixed in PS3?

#171 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

system11 said:DCFAN said:

Do you mean the flipper button mappings?

If so, you go into Options and there is a setting to change it. On PS3 they have it set to the shoulder buttons which is the way I feel it should be. No change required!

#172 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

DCFAN said:

If so, you go into Options and there is a setting to change it. On PS3 they have it set to the shoulder buttons which is the way I feel it should be. No change required!

It just feels the flippers are a little slow to react with L1/R1.

#173 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Torched the in-game high score on TOM! Pretty much sucked it up on the other tables.

+1 Wasn't that hard to do

#174 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

DCFAN said:system11 said:DCFAN said:

Agreed! No fix required...play on kids.

#175 12 years ago

Loving the PS3 version. Can't wait for more tables.

#176 12 years ago

Got my 4 high score achievements, but I still have a long way to go on the wizard goals, as usual, TOTAN's harem multiball is going to be a royal pain.

#177 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

jarjarisgod said:DCFAN said:
It just feels the flippers are a little slow to react with L1/R1.

Oh - if the PS3 has them correctly by default, it's just because of the physics - the ball runs off the inlane way, way too fast. I never played a video pinball game I enjoyed less than this one, due to the physics - it's like theres a powerful electromagnet at the foot of the game.

#178 12 years ago

I agree with ya there system11, not in that I don't enjoy it, but it really sucks that ball down the drain, some shots that should have bounced off the flipper onto the other flipper, zip, down the drain. I've also had cases of the ball going through the flipper. That's infuriating.

#179 12 years ago

Does anybody else find the flipper response time to be off a bit? I play real pinball everyday of my life and I know for a fact that when you hit the flipper button on a real machine the flippers react a lot faster. In the game, you hit the flipper button on the controller and it takes second before the flipper in the game goes off. It really throws off my timing on trying to hit shots. I thought maybe it was just because I was super stoned while playing it. I fired up Zen pinball and didn't have this issue. Anybody else have this problem? I played it at a friends house and at this point, because of that issue, ZI'm not impressed. Everything else about the game was great, but that timing issue killed it for me.

#180 12 years ago
Quoted from Turkey_Robinson:

Does anybody else find the flipper response time to be off a bit? I play real pinball everyday of my life and I know for a fact that when you hit the flipper button on a real machine the flippers react a lot faster. In the game, you hit the flipper button on the controller and it takes second before the flipper in the game goes off. It really throws off my timing on trying to hit shots. I thought maybe it was just because I was super stoned while playing it. I fired up Zen pinball and didn't have this issue. Anybody else have this problem? I played it at a friends house and at this point, because of that issue, ZI'm not impressed. Everything else about the game was great, but that timing issue killed it for me.

That's what I was complaining about in posts above. It is a tad slow in response time.

#181 12 years ago

Sorry man. I only read the first page of posts. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I kept telling my friend about it and he said it felt fine. I knew there was something wonky about it. Thanks! Hopefully they'll issue an update correcting this otherwise I doubt I'll be buying it. It's a shame too cuz it looks pretty good. I also feel that if there's a TOM at a bar 2 houses away from me I might as well just go play that

#182 12 years ago

Good to see I'm not the only one experiencing the flipper delay with the PS3. It is terribly lagging and I'm afraid not something I can get used to. Farsight needs to issue a fix.

#183 12 years ago

Om my MAC version its unplayble. Huge dissapointment.

#184 12 years ago

Does anybody else find the flipper response time to be off a bit?

I downloaded the PS3 version the other night and noticed a huge delay in the flipper response. Hit button... wait half a second... then it flips. If I want to hit a shot up the middle and the ball is coming down the inlane with some speed, I have to flip before it ever reaches the flipper. I played the verion on the iPad2 and it is much better... still a little delay, but I am able to compensate for the most part. On PS3, I just can't seem to train my brain to flip a ball that is still in the inlane.

#185 12 years ago

I play real pinball everyday of my life and I know for a fact that when you hit the flipper button on a real machine the flippers react a lot faster.

You know it's pretty hilarious to think that a 20 year old computer flips the flippers faster than a cutting-edge pinball simulator in 2012 running on a 6-core cell processor.

#186 12 years ago

I guess I'm in the minority, but I prefer Farsight Studio's reality based pins over most of the Zen pins. Also, TOTAN looks a lot better in this new collection than it did in the Williams collection for the PS3. So I don't mind they put it in.

#187 12 years ago

I swear I see flipper delay on my Xbox 360, and that's whether I use the triggers or the shoulder buttons, so I doubt it's really any different on the PS3. I was thinking of downloading it on my PS3 to see if it was any different, but it doesn't sound like it. I just don't get it. Why can't they make the flippers fire right now as soon as the button gives the signal?

#188 12 years ago
Quoted from DEVILinIRON:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I prefer Farsight Studio's reality based pins over most of the Zen pins. Also, TOTAN looks a lot better in this new collection than it did in the Williams collection for the PS3. So I don't mind they put it in.

I like this just as much as ZEN...if not better. Depends on the table. I don't think the 1/2 second flipper response thing is an issue....it's almost like that's they way they intended the game to be played...works for me. From the time you push a button to the time a flipper actually flips on a REAL table is not instantaneous either...it just happens so quickly you don't notice the delay.

#189 12 years ago

For those with flipper delay, make sure you have your TV set to "Game Mode" for the HDMI input that you have your PS3 hooked up to, and also turn off any blur/motion settings (it's called Cinemotion on Sony TVs). It should clear it up. A lot of us over at their forum have confirmed that this fixes the issue: http://pinballarcadefans.com

It would be nice if we didn't have to mess with TV settings to fix it though, but it does take care of it....and actually video games look better with the blur/motion settings turned off anyway.

#190 12 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

make sure you have your TV set to "Game Mode"

+1. I had the same problem with a WII game once. It was testing your reaction speed and I could
never get a good score. But then I hooked it up to my older plasma TV downstairs that doesn't
do all the picture processing and it made a world of difference.
The TV needs a little time to manipulate the image so it just delays the picture and sound a few frames. You would never know this was going on watching a movie but with games it's different.

#191 12 years ago

When will BOP and MM come to consoles?

#192 12 years ago

I'm pretty surprised that Black Hole turned out to be my favorite. I was enjoying playing the game with one ball. Then I got a multi-ball and things started to get crazy! What an awesome pin. It's too bad the actual machine sounds pretty high maintenance.

3 weeks later
#193 11 years ago

The Android update is out that adds CV and FH as DLC, plus more camera options, improved DMD, etc.

#194 11 years ago

Come on iOs!!

#195 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Come on iOs!!

They submitted it to the App Store today, but usually it takes a week or so for Apple to approve updates.

#196 11 years ago

When the heck is MM and BoP gonna be on the Xbox, dang it? I want them to do that before they announce the next set of machines that will come after the set I haven't even been able to download yet.

#197 11 years ago

on their facebook page a few days ago they said they just submitted the first two dlc packages to xbox, but microsfot takes 3-4 weeks to approve them, so we are in for a wait.

#198 11 years ago

Yeah, it sounds like we might get 4 new tables at the same I'm on 360/PS3 ( MM , BOP, CV , and FH )

#199 11 years ago

Sooo...

I didn't see anybody mention this:

"We have good news and bad news to report on the issue of licensed tables. We’ve finally succeeded in negotiating all of the licenses we’d need to bring the Twilight Zone to the Pinball Arcade. This is unquestionably one of the greatest pinball tables of all time (and is currently #1 in IPDB’s user rankings). However the licenses are VEY expensive- so expensive that the table probably isn’t commercially viable. Some of you have suggested a Kickstarter project to raise money for the license costs and we’re considering this. We’d like to ask your opinion- is this a good idea? If we did it what should the rewards be for backers, and at what contribution levels? We’d appreciate your thoughts!"

#200 11 years ago

I'd contribute to a Kickstarter for it, sadly. I hate Kickstarter, and I think it's a massive FAD right now that will die, but before it does, I'm half tempted to put up a Kickstarted for myself called:

"My Job took away all my overtime and I need to feed my family and pay my bills give me money now."

Man, I can't WAIT for CV to be on the ipad!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Valley, NEBRASKA
$ 20.00
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 180.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.