E9505D85-A10C-4597-8779-0C27468E0BE8 (resized).jpeg
9CAB90A2-79D7-449A-B081-399AAC12A7AF (resized).jpeg
CDDB5CC5-DAFB-466A-887F-20BE45B97C3C (resized).jpeg
3802C139-4CAB-4084-AEB3-A339671FEA9D (resized).jpeg
13DE9C8C-47A3-46DB-A3C2-A6301CBF0924 (resized).jpeg
20230826_093554 (resized).jpg
20230826_093742 (resized).jpg
20230826_093718 (resized).jpg
There are 1,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 36.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

This looks like exactly what I need to do. I can't believe there wasn't something like this from the factory. I played today, and I got balls stuck in there on every game I played super annoying--no way that would work on location.

You guys don't have a metal piece there?

I do, and it looks factory.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Nope, no metal piece. Can you snap a photo of yours?

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Yes please post a pic of it

#154 10 years ago

Looking closer my stucky ball shield might not be factory. The edge on it is a bit ratty. Whoever made it did a real nice job though. image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#155 10 years ago

Piece of angle cut to fit, cool. Looks good.

#156 10 years ago

Wow, my Congo just said "I know a great place for some hot dogs"... Thought that was unique to DH. Too funny.

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Wow, my Congo just said "I know a great place for some hot dogs"... Thought that was unique to DH. Too funny.

Amy hungry....lol

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Wtf

#159 10 years ago

Anyone else have the problem of balls moonwalking out of the left inlane after being kicked out of head quarters? Super annoying, have no idea how to fix

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Anyone else have the problem of balls moonwalking out of the left inlane after being kicked out of head quarters? Super annoying, have no idea how to fix

Nope I have never had that happen

#161 10 years ago

Never had that happen either, so can't really help with that one.

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Gotta be a pitch/level thing. Wait you mean it comes out of the VUK and then goes out the left outlane? Hows the damage on the inlane? Maybe you have the incorrect coil on the VUK that'k giving it more power than it should have.
Just thining of weird stuff as i can't even see how it could do that.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Gotta be a pitch/level thing. Wait you mean it comes out of the VUK and then goes out the left outlane? Hows the damage on the inlane? Maybe you have the incorrect coil on the VUK that'k giving it more power than it should have.
Just thining of weird stuff as i can't even see how it could do that.

Yes, when it gets kicked out of the VUK and dropped into the left inlane, it will have backspin on it or something, crawl up the inlane and then drop into the outlane. It only does it like 1 in 20 games. Usually the one when I'm having a really good game. The inlane has no damage, in fact it looks immaculate.

#164 10 years ago

something isn't lined up right if the ball is being released into the left lane. mine spits it out to the left flipper everytime, and this machine has a lot of games on it and on its second PF. either your coil may be weak, dirty sleeve, or the metal ball guide next to HQ may be bent, rolling the ball more left than it should. HQ coil/alignment of metal ball guide i'd say

3 months later
#165 10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have mine for 2 years now. The game is fast and has some flow
I love the little movement that makes the ball rolling on the stems to the right flipper. (Sort of half "S").

Also, I never finish the shoutout successfully.

Sounds and lights are awesome.

Pretty high street value on this...

2 months later
#166 10 years ago

Inspector Callahan just knocked on my door( well more like broke it down).....Picked mine up at the shipping dock, bought it based on pics, has WH drop target added in, and is pretty clean, came with manual etc...took glass off to test everything, a few lights out (seems normal these days), had a broken wire on right popper(had me worried until lifting the PF and seeing the issue). Otherwise having never played one, I am overly amazed this game is not ranked higher after playing a half effort game there looks to be so much to it just in 15 min of play. The quotes are great too, guess maybe it helps if you like Eastwood and his character here? Huge fan of the series and the game is tops! LEDs, and a few other novelties are inbound, those and a good cleanup a and it'll be 6 bullets for sure.

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Otherwise having never played one, I am overly amazed this game is not ranked higher after playing a half effort game there looks to be so much to it just in 15 min of play.

Welcome Meathead. Clean it up then go get yourself a hotdog.

#168 10 years ago

I wanna join!!! Just bought last weekend

[attachment=1608416,]
#169 10 years ago

I have a new NOS Dirty Harry Translite if anyone needs one

Art Dirty Harry.jpgArt Dirty Harry.jpg
Art Dirty Harry Back.jpgArt Dirty Harry Back.jpg

2 weeks later
#170 9 years ago

here is my IM DH mod to prevent ball hangups (thanks to surfsledgnar for the part)

P1020282.JPGP1020282.JPG
2 weeks later
#171 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Inspector Callahan just knocked on my door( well more like broke it down).....Picked mine up at the shipping dock, bought it based on pics, has WH drop target added in, and is pretty clean, came with manual etc...took glass off to test everything, a few lights out (seems normal these days), had a broken wire on right popper(had me worried until lifting the PF and seeing the issue). Otherwise having never played one, I am overly amazed this game is not ranked higher after playing a half effort game there looks to be so much to it just in 15 min of play. The quotes are great too, guess maybe it helps if you like Eastwood and his character here? Huge fan of the series and the game is tops! LEDs, and a few other novelties are inbound, those and a good cleanup a and it'll be 6 bullets for sure.

Make sure you play this machine at 12am for midnight madness mode it is awesome.

3 weeks later
#172 9 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I just adjusted my ramp a little to cure that problem. Loosen it up and move it more to the rear of the gun.

This was the perfect advice to fix the issue I was having with the ball rolling out of the gun!

The ball used to roll out of the end of the gun 3 out of 4 times on my game. I did this and I would say I loaded the gun about 15 times and it didn't roll out once!! There were only 3 11/32 nylon lock nuts that I loosened to re-adjust the wireform.

Thanks for the great tip!!

1 month later
#173 9 years ago

My 3rd flipper no longer can make the left ramp shot. The ball always goes halfway up the ramp, then I hear Clint say, "uh-oh" and the ball rolls back down. It's this a timing thing...or do I have a weak flipper?

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

My 3rd flipper no longer can make the left ramp shot. The ball always goes halfway up the ramp, then I hear Clint say, "uh-oh" and the ball rolls back down. It's this a timing thing...or do I have a weak flipper?

Rebuild that third flipper, at least do a new sleeve and a plunger and crank assy.

1 week later
#175 9 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Mine does this too. I took the upper right flipper apart, put a new sleeve in it and filed down the "burr" that was at the top of the coil shaft- not sure if that's the correct terminology or not. It didn't make a difference. Did yours used to make that shot pretty easily? I played another guy's that was the exact same as mine and what you described. I could only make about 1 out of every 4 perfect shots to the ramp.

I guess the next step on mine will be to do a full rebuild on the flipper mechanics along with a new playfield shaft bushing.

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Mine does this too. I took the upper right flipper apart, put a new sleeve in it and filed down the "burr" that was at the top of the coil shaft- not sure if that's the correct terminology or not. It didn't make a difference. Did yours used to make that shot pretty easily? I played another guy's that was the exact same as mine and what you described. I could only make about 1 out of every 4 perfect shots to the ramp.
I guess the next step on mine will be to do a full rebuild on the flipper mechanics along with a new playfield shaft bushing.

I'm going to do a flipper rebuild Wed and report back....

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I'm going to do a flipper rebuild Wed and report back....

Did you get a chance to rebuild you top right flipper? If so did it make a difference?

#178 9 years ago

Parts didnt come in yet

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Parts didnt come in yet

Ok. Please let us know when you do get the parts and rebuild it. If it makes a difference I will do mine also.

thanks!

1 week later
#180 9 years ago

Just installed....works like a champ now....sorry for late response!

#181 9 years ago

Guys: picking up a DH in another week.

Question concerning the modes: do they light randomly, or do they always start at the bottom and light upwards towards Stop Scorpio?

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys: picking up a DH in another week.
Question concerning the modes: do they light randomly, or do they always start at the bottom and light upwards towards Stop Scorpio?

Pre-welcome to the club!
No they do not go in order. I forget how they move but probably pops change what's lit

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pre-welcome to the club!No they do not go in order. I forget how they move but probably pops change what's lit

Thanks. That's what I thought too.

Looking forward to joining soon.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Just installed....works like a champ now....sorry for late response!

Thanks for update! Glad to hear yours work better now. I guess I need to do mine now.

#185 9 years ago

Good luck.....The 3rd flipper is kind of a pain in the ass to solder back in

#186 9 years ago

Regarding that upper right flipper: I've rebuilt flippers using a kit AND also installing a brand new flipper assembly.

The whole new assembly, while costing a bit more, is a much better way to rebuild. You get a brand new coil with it too. I get much better results with a new assembly and coil than just your standard rebuild kit.

Make the flippers much more snappy imo

#187 9 years ago

Guys: Thoughts on Ledding out a DH? Picking one up this weekend and contemplating my route on Leds. I generally do Cointaker. Anyone ?

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys: Thoughts on Ledding out a DH? Picking one up this weekend and contemplating my route on Leds. I generally do Cointaker. Anyone ?

Used LEDs in inserts and like the look, left GI incandescent. I used Cointaker Frosteds for all of them I think...maybe a flex as the bottom mode or shoot again (forgot which) is pretty heavily blocked.
Basic color matching.

#189 9 years ago

Thanks.

I usually leave GI incandescents too. Maybe i'll use leds in the backbox though for the gi there.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Thanks.
I usually leave GI incandescents too. Maybe i'll use leds in the backbox though for the gi there.

Worth noting is the backbox uses some 455...or 454...or whatever the hell the number is. Not all 555s is the basic jist of it.

EDIT: 545s.

#191 9 years ago

Thanks. I think those are blinkers perhaps.

#192 9 years ago

Another question concerning the incline of the pin: Do you guys ramp up your back legs really tall here, or do you keep them a bit shorter? I know that left ramp is tough to make..

#194 9 years ago

One last question: I was thinking about replacing the magnet core with a new one as the top is a little bit mushroomed. Does it just unscrew out from the bottom? Easy to remove?

#195 9 years ago

If the top is mushroomed you'll have to take it out thru the top of pf...most likely. A lot of times the 'nut' is very hard to take off. I have had sucess w/a hair dryer...heat turn, heat turn, etc. Others have used heat gun or the likeness. You may get lucky and be able to turn it easily, but if not go the heat route of your choice. Good luck. Great game.

#196 9 years ago

here's a pic:

DO I even bother with it? It's not too bad..

image-528.jpgimage-528.jpg

#197 9 years ago

For me, tough to tell condition from pic but it looks a 'tad' high. Hopefully others will chime in.

#198 9 years ago

Should it basically be smooth with the pf?

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Should it basically be smooth with the pf?

Yes, but I wouldn't worry about it unless the ball is getting hung up on or behind the magnet (as was the case for me).

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yes, but I wouldn't worry about it unless the ball is getting hung up on or behind the magnet (as was the case for me).

Agreed...don't invent things to fix that aren't broken.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-dirty-harry-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.