Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 251.
    #401 10 years ago

I dance like Bon Scott in between balls on AC/DC. Yup

#402 10 years ago

Double post

#403 10 years ago
    Quoted from BOBCADE:

I dance like Bon Scott in between balls on AC/DC. Yup

I dance like Peter Garrett

#404 10 years ago

Wow, 10 ball games? I like todo 5 ball one new pins to learn and complete modes and move to 3 ball.

#405 10 years ago

I rubbed my man sac on all of the plungers at MRP on friday night. I get the satisfaction of knowing that even though I suck at pinball, everyone else touched my junk juice

#406 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I rubbed my man sac on all of the plungers at MRP on friday night. I get the satisfaction of knowing that even though I suck at pinball, everyone else touched my junk juice

Just like when I caught you doing that at my house.

#407 10 years ago

I don't really like toppers. I've maybe seen one that I thought looked good.

#408 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I lick all of the plungers for good luck, I wondered why they tasted like salt and hamburger meat.

#409 10 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Just like when I caught you doing that at my house.

You mean just like when you showed me how to do it at your house!

#410 10 years ago

My confession: I genuinely want to like ST, and I will give it every opportunity to impress me (e.g., by driving the four hours each way to Flippers to play it as soon as they have one). I wouldn't do that for anyone but Brother Steve.

#411 10 years ago

I spent hours trying to figure out why the ball eject mechanism to the golie on World Cup Soccer wouldn't send the ball into the goal. I dropped the hairpin clip into the machine (never to be found again). I replaced the eject cam bracket, put it back together, and still no worky. Finally, after shocking myself several times (solenoids hold charge even if machine is unplugged), I noticed the cam was sticking. A few drops of light oil and whala! Much pain to discover the true problem. But, in the end, these issues produce perserverance; not going to give up until its fixed.

#412 10 years ago

I paid 150 bucks for some sunglasses because my wife said old Ray Bans are hot and remind her of Tom Cruise in Risky Business. I guess I got the wrong ones because when I put them on she laughed at me and said I look like Lt. Dangle from Reno 911

Also I think ST's pf art looks like p00 but I still am interested in it.

#413 10 years ago

I left my daughters vollyball match before the third game to make a tourney yesterday.
    She has another tomorrow though so I don't feel TOO guilty.

#414 10 years ago

I'm in real estate and now I can't help but to evaluate houses based on their pinball potential.

#415 10 years ago

Ok Erik,

As part of your full confession, I believe we need you to get your wife to take a pic of Lt. Erik Dangle w/ your cool sunglasses on and post it here.

#416 10 years ago

I worked 10hrs today flat out on a job that I thought would take and easy 5hrs and quoted to that tune. I have to go back 2morrow for at least another 2hrs

#417 10 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

Man I was so pissed last night I don't remember going to bed. Father's Day lunch that extended Into the night. Think I am still boozed cause the hangover hasn't kick in properly.

Omg I laughed out loud. That has happened to me! Sometimes attract modes scares the hell outta ya.

Try hearing "hey you, with the face!" while staring at your pins at 2:30 am.

#418 10 years ago
    Quoted from bintzknocker:

Once while changing lightbulbs on my Sorcerer, attract mode kicked in and yelled "SORCERER". It scared the crap out of me and I ended up throwing the bulb I was holding across the room.

Sorry...this is the quote that made me laugh out loud.

#419 10 years ago

In Demo Man, when Wesley Snipes says "amazing", I always think it sounds like Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama. Always.

wesley-snipes-demolition-man-560[1].jpgwesley-snipes-demolition-man-560[1].jpg zoidberg[1].jpegzoidberg[1].jpeg

#420 10 years ago

Before I discovered the pinside forum I used to think I was lucky to have 4 to 5 decent pinball machines. But after seeing the # of games and the quality of games most of the pinsiders seem to have I feel totally inadequate as a pinball collector. I definitely need to step up my game.
    Don't any of you guys have a wife and kids? They take all my valuable pinball space! Can not wait till the kids graduate from college!

#421 10 years ago

I love Game Plan pins!~SpOoKy

#422 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Sorry...this is the quote that made me laugh out loud.

Glad you enjoyed it. I laugh out loud whenever I think about it.

#423 10 years ago

I had an endoscopy today and I enjoyed the Michael Jackson drugs so much (Propofol), I didn't go back to work.

#424 10 years ago

When picking up my TF from the warehouse it was shipped to I lied to the guy when he asked me if I had kids because I was embarrassed to admit the pinball machine was just for me.

7 months later
    #425 9 years ago

I contemplate resurecting olds threads just to see how many people I can piss off.

#426 9 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I contemplate resurecting olds threads just to see how many people I can piss off.

fITzU6O.giffITzU6O.gif

#427 9 years ago

T_G,
    Be careful, I believe centerflank has trained under Darryl Revok back in 1981.

scanners-Revok-scanning-a-guy.jpgscanners-Revok-scanning-a-guy.jpg

Scanners is a cool movie.

#428 9 years ago

I wish Ebay would have an option to remove all Rubber Ring Kits, Roms, and Pinball Manual sales from the pinball parts listings.

#429 9 years ago

I hate sellers who say "It owes me this much!"

I hate players who crack the shits when your having a great game and take the GC spot!

#430 9 years ago

--I've bought expensive parts to fix problems on machines and later found that the part didn't fix the problem... but that the fix was easy and cheap.

--The trashed coin door that's hanging on by the wire harness along the carpet, on the front of my RBION?

I may have been the one who trashed it

HULK SMASH

#431 9 years ago

#432 9 years ago

I can't slap a pinball machine to make the ball exit out of an orbit, making Iron Man & Family Guy impossible for me to play.

I think that 24 overshadows Star Trek (level 1 mission structure + additional Multiballs with super jackpot scoring)

I don't get all the hate for Shaq Attaq (sure the coach is the definition of hell but you can turn it off)

2 months later
    #433 9 years ago

I sometimes bump my old threads.
    I think Mustang is more fun than Star Trek.
    I think the Raven translite chick is hot (the original, not the alternate).

#434 9 years ago

My favorite pin is Genesis and I actually love the translite.

Proof...14 seconds in at LAX. I could be found at the game for hours and I was caught on camera.

Louisville Arcade Expo 2014 Pinball Machines:

#435 9 years ago

The first time I played Congo I yelled out "Gary" when the lower playfield was activated because I misread "Gray" as "Gary". The gorilla is referred to as "Gary" at our house now.

#436 9 years ago

If given the chance to buy an A-list pin for $100 or a Who Dunnit for $100, I would probably take the Who Dunnit. Just something about it I enjoy.

#437 9 years ago

I just recently bought a HUO Theatre of Magic that was listed on craigslist and outbid the first person that was there but paid him off so he wouldn't outbid me. I now have maybe the nicest TOM there is!

#438 9 years ago

'Bonus Held' - what does that mean? I want my bonus now, not added later.

...sanity check... Mary Ann is still better than Ginger. Phew!

#439 9 years ago

When I first got my HS2 I would reset the game after ball 1 if I didn't make it to 3rd gear

#440 9 years ago

I've forgotten to take the balls out more than once before lifting a playfield

#441 9 years ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

I've forgotten to take the balls out more than once before lifting a playfield

I don't remember the last time I remembered.

#442 9 years ago

I have never played Medieval Madness.

#443 9 years ago

Sometimes I mix up a stiff drink or four before playing a few games at night. I say it helps me relax during a good game, but between us Pinsiders I just like it.

#444 9 years ago

I bought duplicates of two of my precious wedgeheads . . . just in case. Hoarding or disaster recovery plan? Not sure.

#445 9 years ago

I work all the time so I could buy my pin collection.

They almost never get played cuz I'm either never home or exhausted.

Life. Wtf??

#446 9 years ago

Every now and then I slap save my machine to let that bitch know who's boss.

#447 9 years ago

I don't play my games really, I turn them on, and marvel at their beauty, thinking
    of all the work I have done on them, shopping, waxing, new ball's, rubber's,etc..... and while gazing into their
    mesmerizing translites, playfields, am I even worthy of playing them.? not really...

#448 9 years ago

I once saved a game from the trash dump. It was just about to be thrown off of the truck next to me when I intervened. I had it in the back of the truck heading home, and had to pull over and refresh my memory of what machine it was, I couldn't remember. All I could recall was the cabinet had a lot of pink in it. Turns out, it was a Gottlieb Counterforce.

#449 9 years ago

I abandoned pinball in the early-mid 90s in favor of arcade games like SF2. I was part of the problem.

In the late 90s I'd regularly play a south park on location that was sitting between a TAF and TZ.

I used to play AFM on location at a laundromat in the 90s. I still look in laundromat windows to see if they have pins...

I once went to a conference for work and spent a disturbing amount of time in the hotel game room playing Space Jam.

#450 9 years ago
    Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

I once saved a game from the trash dump. It was just about to be thrown off of the truck next to me when I intervened. I had it in the back of the truck heading home, and had to pull over and refresh my memory of what machine it was, I couldn't remember. All I could recall was the cabinet had a lot of pink in it. Turns out, it was a Gottlieb Counterforce.

There is a local dude that has been looking for one of those for the longest time

There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.