Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 139 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Snurdley
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

buttgrab.PNG
    laser-hair-removal-bikini.jpg
    dayslogo.jpg
    images.jpg
    b3vjmf2.jpg
    Wow2.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 12 years ago

I was just flipping thru the local classifieds and theres an ad for 14 pinball machines,10 arcade machines,kiddie horsey rides and much more.this is really worth checking out and im hoping these machines are not trashed and filthy it might be an old operators shop or something.hopefully i can find my next pinball and something good.i thought i would share because i dont see stuff like this everyday.

#2 12 years ago

let us know what you find. It sure will be worth atleast checking it out.

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from silverman:

i thought i would share because i dont see stuff like this everyday.

Please let us know what you find. I'm always looking for a good restoration project

#4 12 years ago

i just got off the phone with the seller really nice guy and older guy to.i am very surprised the ad is legit he said he used to be an operator years ago.he said i was the third person to call about this ad and the other people changed their minds after he gave them the address because its located in a very bad part of the city in shreveport.i am very glad hes being honest i tried to get as much info as i could about what kind of pins he had and he said some were from the 80s and 90s.now i am very interested to see whats there but i am concerned about my safety too.i tried calling pinmike but no answer and i hope he will see this thread and help out.he is more familiar with shreveport than i am and this is really worth checking out.the old man is waiting to hear back from me.

#5 12 years ago

let me know silverman. I can make a trip from Austin in a heartbeat

#6 12 years ago

Take a gun if you have one and don't take any cash. Try and meet with him early enough that the two of you can go to the bank after you make a deal. Ask him if this is ok.

#7 12 years ago

I've been all over Shreveport....Had a few homeless encounters but nothing dangerous...An opportunity like this comes rarely....I would have been here 3 hours ago.

#8 12 years ago

Yup, you need to move fast. I'm sure he's had 3 more calls since you talked to him last, and people not afraid to go there.

#9 12 years ago

Jump fast, if not a company that "restores" and "shops" them will get them and we will see them at 15 times the average cost

#10 12 years ago

As previously suggested, I would not show up with any cash. But once you see the machines and a deal is made, you both can go to the bank and exchange cash there.

#11 12 years ago

Sounds like it might be an awesome find. Get somebody to go with you and check it out soon! Let us know if you find out what he's got.

#12 12 years ago

Hope you find some diamonds in the rough. Let us know how it works out for ya.

#13 12 years ago

Man up,get your big-boy pants on and jump all over it.

#14 12 years ago

Yeah..what JWS said...I live just outside Baltimore and if a deal like this came along for me to check out that was in the city I'd be all over it....no ones gonna hurt you dude?? Walk out with your cock out!! Any place can be dangerous.....even in MY LITTLE PONY.

#15 12 years ago

Which pins did the seller have?

#16 12 years ago

You scared

#17 12 years ago

Dress down and look unpredictable!

#18 12 years ago

Dress down and look unpredictable!

Pretty sure if you wear this outfit nobody will mess with you.

Wow2.jpgWow2.jpg

#19 12 years ago

That should do it TDA!!

#20 12 years ago

this world really sucks and i wish some type of people were never born.i met up with the old man around 3pm so we can go to his building and check out what he had and as soon as we pulled up in front of the place there were 4 punks hanging around and i had a gut feeling there was going to be trouble.so the old man told me to stay in the car while he goes and opens up the door and then he will wave to me to come in.this area was truly the ghetto and looked like something out of the movie escape from new york and the old man told me its called the bottoms and is a very high crime area that an ambulance wouldnt even go down there.so as the old man was going to open the door to the building 2 of the thugs came up to him and started to ask him what does he want or what he was looking for.when i saw that i just couldnt sit there and decided to get out of the car as soon as i got out of the car one of the punks signaled the other thugs and before you know it we were surrounded.i swear to you there must have been 15 thugs that came out of nowhere and told me and the old man to get our honkey asses out of their hood or take a beating we will never forget or even get killed.i got really scared and i really couldnt think straight and i just wanted to get the hell out of there pinball or no pinball.i have never had anything like this happened to me before and im still a little shook up over this and i already drank 4 shots of scotch just trying to calm down my nerves.

#21 12 years ago

Jesus, that's scary!! And the old guy lived there!! Was he OK in the end???

That really sucks!!

#22 12 years ago

The old man does not live in that area he and his brother own the building and use to run their arcade,pinball,jukeboxes.he is ok and thank god we both are ok.these animals have no respect for the old or the young and it really hurts me feelings how they were pushing him around he is 76 years old and to be spitted on and call honkeys

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

I've been all over Shreveport....Had a few homeless encounters

next time your in shreveport i will give you the address and go see for yourself

#24 12 years ago

The problem is your timing. Never venture into the hood in the afternoon or evening. Get there at like 8am. The thugs are still asleep from last night’s activities. If it starts to get to be around 11, just wait until the next day.

#25 12 years ago

HeeeeHeeeHeee!!! You should have told the Brothers Quicky "G" sent
    ya to check out a pin.HaHa!!!

#26 12 years ago

So sorry to hear that! people really are the worst.

#27 12 years ago

Its not funny mike someone could have got hurt or killed

#28 12 years ago

That's really sad, sorry that happened to you, happy to hear you are OK though. It is a good wake-up call for everybody - danger and scumbags are everywhere. Too bad the police would probably blow this incident off. You made the right move by getting out of there and not trying to be the tough guy

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from silverman:

Its not funny mike someone could have got hurt or killed

Well you were warned by the old man and did you think you were gonna go to the
    "BOTTOMS" and expect a warm welcome?Those were the "Bottom Boyz"that were
    pushing you around and thats their hood.Its so rough down there that the police
    dept. needs the govts.help to assist when they want to do block raids.Not even
    the toughest cop or outlaw would go down there.

#30 12 years ago

So, how did you leave it? Not going back? I'm sure it was unnerving and not being there, hard to say what I would have done. In hindsight and from 1000 miles away, I probably would have just called the police for trespassing. Sorry you had such a bad experience. I actually have a good friend in Shreveport right now from here (NC/VA), but he doesn't know a pin from a hole in the ground, so getting him over there would do little good.

Edit: Did a little reading, and the bottom boys are for real. I've been going to SP for 8 years and never realized the gang situation. Guess I'll be more careful for now on!

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

I probably would have just called the police for trespassing

They will show up 5 days later looking for a body. Police,Hehehe!!

#32 12 years ago

Well you seem to know this gang pretty darn good and thanks for the late warning friend

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Edit: Did a little reading, and the bottom boys are for real. I've been going to SP for 8 years and never realized the gang situation. Guess I'll be more careful for now on!

Did you think i was making up an amusing story.Its not what you know its
    who you know, Man

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from silverman:

Well you seem to know this gang pretty darn good and thanks for the late warning friend

You never asked!! and all jokes aside if you really want to check out those pins
    just let me know about 6 hours ahead of time and i will make it happen and you
    can even go sight seeing all day long in the "Bottoms" and you will come out without
    a scratch.

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

You never asked!! and all jokes aside if you really want to check out those pins
    just let me know about 6 hours ahead of time and i will make it happen and you
    can even go sight seeing all day long in the "Bottoms" and you will come out without
    a scratch.

i dont know who you know or who you are affilated with but NOOOOOO!!!! THANKS!!!!!!
    im lucky to be alive

#36 12 years ago

hmmmmm.............
    bad blood starting to shape up around here?
    - hope not

#37 12 years ago

At least you are ok plenty more pins out there. And you have a interesting story

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

hmmmmm............. []
    bad blood starting to shape up around here?
    - hope not

no,i dont mean to be picking a fight or anything.im now trying to really figure out who mike really is and how can he have control on animals like the bottom boys and he is not black.i knew there was something different about mike when i first met him.

#39 12 years ago

sounds like mike was trying to help you out. you can never have enough friends that are able to help with certain "things"

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

sounds like mike was trying to help you out. you can never have enough friends that are able to help with certain "things"

I dont know but this is really starting to scare me and i hope i dont wake up and find a dead horses head in my bed.i've had a rough day

#41 12 years ago

Glad you are OK. It is just a stupid machine and not worth your safety. I say you move to South Dakota silverman... plenty of nice people there.

#42 12 years ago

Someone still needs to go down there and rescue those pins. I mean what if those hooligans break in there and vandalize them?

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Glad you are OK. It is just a stupid machine and not worth your safety. I say you move to South Dakota silverman... plenty of nice people there.

thanks,the town i live in is really nice but after what i saw today i would never live anywhere near or in shreveport.

#44 12 years ago

look for leader. he will be the one running his mouth. put 45 round through his skull. pick up pins. repeat if necessary.

#45 12 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Someone still needs to go down there and rescue those pins. I mean what if those hooligans break in there and vandalize them?

its not worth losing your life and i wish i had a video to show you guys what happened.i have never came face to face with street gang members and what really scared me the most was 2 of them were wearing bandanas over half of their faces and i am certain these 2 are the ones who will do the shooting if things dont go their way.

#46 12 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

look for leader. he will be the one running his mouth. put 45 round through his skull. pick up pins. repeat if necessary.

this is real life and you saw what mike said not even the police can handle them and they dont even patrol down there.

#48 12 years ago

wow pathetic how some live their lives while they could be doing better things

#49 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

wow pathetic how some live their lives while they could be doing better things

real life animals

#50 12 years ago

silverman,

Is that a Buick Grand National? I used to drive one back in the day. Still miss that car.

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-best-ad-i-have-ever-seen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.