TFTC dead!

Started 2 years ago by absocountry2 in forum TechTech: Generic.

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

TFTC dead!

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by absocountry2
  • 5 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from absocountry2

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I went down to the gameroom this morning before work to play a game on TFTC. Two weeks ago when I have turned it on and started to play it would restart and when I started the game and then play fine. It went away so I did not think about. This morning it started to boot and then everything died except the GI lighting and a few lights over the ramp entrances.

It has been the nly thing I can think about while at work. I did not look into this morning because I figured I would get involved and not go to work.

Has anybody seen this? Where is the best place to start?

It really sucks because I was just thnking I was making progress on the pins and I actually sold one yesterday.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Jeez it'll probably be ok. I mean fuses first of course. Always the first place to start with such things.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Looks like you sold the wrong one!

Check the power board - check fuses, check all the voltages.

Maybe low +5v triggering the resets, and now it's not getting above the threshold at all leaving you in a perma-reset?

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Whoa...same initials DrAzzy

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I checked the test points for power and was missing +12 and +5 volts. Started looking around and found CP1 on the power board is smoked. Pins 10-12 have overheated on the board. Reseated the connector and it works but the plug gets hot fast. Going to need to replace those pins and plug.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I have a similar problem. My PPB is losing solder every couple hours. Mainly on the same one. Any idea?

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

sorry to here that

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I took a picture last night, have not had time to order new pins and plug yet.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple