Texas Pinball Festival - March 28-30 2014

Started 8 months ago by Bakushan in forum Events and locationsEvents.

Texas Pinball Festival - March 28-30 2014

Topic summary

• Started 8 months ago by Bakushan
  • 46 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from BarrySanders

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

8 months ago
    #

The 2014 Texas Pinball Festival will be held March 28th-30th at the Embassy Suites Dallas – Frisco Hotel & Convention Center in Frisco, TX.

Changing dates and locations is never an easy decision. Several scheduling conflicts (such as the NCAA Final Four Basketball Tournament being hosted in Dallas/Ft Worth the first weekend in April) and limited or unavailable March dates forced us to seek a new location for 2014.

We are very excited to be moving to the Embassy Suites. It is a beautiful hotel with more than 40,000 sq ft of available show space! In addition, the hotel is directly across the street from Stonebriar Mall offering an abundance of food options and free parking.

More information and special hotel room rates will be announced soon along with our 2014 TPF logo and website updates.

Jared Guynes
    Marketing
    Texas Pinball Festival
    http://www.texaspinball.com/tpf/

8 months ago
    #

Waiter with the folded over towel is a must....deal breaker if he isn't there

Thanks for the info

8 months ago
    #

Not wasting any time, I see.

*Edit* Screw that waiter, unless he's leaving my coolers of icewater out until everyone finishes load-in/out.

8 months ago
    #

I'm excited about the new venue. The Anatole had its fair share of issues last year. Hopefully this new location is the NEW Home for TPF for years to come.

8 months ago
    #

I'm excited about The Cheesecake Factory being so close.

This will be an outstanding event! My vacation has already been booked for these dates.

Marcus

8 months ago
    #

*Edit* Screw that waiter, unless he's leaving my coolers of icewater out until everyone finishes load-in/out.

What if he has bacon....still no use for him?

8 months ago
    #
    Marc said:

I'm excited about the new venue. The Anatole had its fair share of issues last year. Hopefully this new location is the NEW Home for TPF for years to come.

The location is beautiful. Load in is far better than last year, the hotel is better arranged and less walking, there is a ton of parking and plenty of food. Its a drastic upgrade from the 2013 show in my opinion.

8 months ago
    #

I'm going to second the leaving the water for load out. I ended up refilling my bottle from the bathroom tap because we'd already checked out of our room and I wasn't paying them any more money - especially for freaking water.

8 months ago
    #

I believe Ed and the original tpf staff chose this new venue because they didn't want to nickle and dime everyone for every little thing. Should be a nice place and y'all enjoy. Plus the hotel and parking lots were closer. I know it was a lot of stuff, but I don't remember it all.

8 months ago
    #

Red Bull on tap!

7 months, 4 weeks ago
    #

FYI for competition players: http://papa.org/blog/2013/02/pinburgh-2014-announced

Best wishes to the Texas Pinball Fest and all the work they do to set up a big, fun show!

7 months, 4 weeks ago
    #

Wow.. only 219 days to go... cant wait to see you all there! It will be our first Texas Pinball Fest!

7 months, 4 weeks ago
    #
    bkerins said:

FYI for competition players: http://papa.org/blog/2013/02/pinburgh-2014-announced
    Best wishes to the Texas Pinball Fest and all the work they do to set up a big, fun show!

Bummer! I was really hoping to make both

7 months, 4 weeks ago
    #
    bkerins said:

I guess that also means we won't be seeing the papa tv crew in Texas.

7 months, 4 weeks ago
    #

I really liked the Anatole, except for the facist parking system they had, but given how dense the Dallas area is, with very little land for parking, I guess they did as best they could. ;/

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

For those of you who do facebook, please RSVP and SHARE this event.

https://www.facebook.com/events/493624624057444/

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

How far will you drive to the Texas Pinball Festival? With 3 days of events and over 350 games on free play it's worth the trip from anywhere!

DISTANCE FROM:

Dallas: 27 Miles - 30 Minutes
    Fort Worth: 50 Miles - 50 Minutes
    Oklahoma City: 192 Miles - 2.75 Hours
    Austin: 222 Miles - 3.3 Hours
    Houston: 267 Miles - 4 Hours
    Little Rock: 317 Miles - 5 Hours
    New Orleans: 542 Miles - 7.5 Hours
    Albuquerque: 632 Miles - 9 Hours

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    Bakushan said:

How far will you drive to the Texas Pinball Festival? With 3 days of events and over 350 games on free play it's worth the trip from anywhere!
    DISTANCE FROM:

Heh, you left off the Kansas City area! There's a half dozen of us driving down from up here.

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    GaryMartin said:

Heh, you left off the Kansas City area! There's a half dozen of us driving down from up here.

Whoops!

We know people are coming from all over the nation, and thats one of the things that makes the TPF so awesome. Actually the only reason I wanted to mention those specific cities is because it matched the little graphic that I made, haha.

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

310 miles for us.
    But worth every mile.

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

Wait till this crowd discovers Third Base sports bar!
    It is directly across the street.

I'm just going to leave it at that hahaha.

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    BDillon said:

Wait till this crowd discovers Third Base sports bar!
    It is directly across the street.
    I'm just going to leave it at that hahaha.

Teets are good!

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    Bakushan said:

DISTANCE FROM:

Toss in Lake Charles too! We have a big group going next year! (Well, five or six of us anyway . . . that's kind of a big group, LOL!)

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    Marc said:

That will be until they "MEET" us...Then...we will see......

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

I'm willing to take a break during TPF to go hang out at the 3rd Base Sports Bar & Grill.
    Seems to be a friendly bunch working over there from what I see per their website.

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    GaryMartin said:

Not just the KC area, there are a few others in missouri that make the trip as well.

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    playpin35 said:

Not just the KC area, there are a few others in missouri that make the trip as well.

*raises hand*

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    Gov said:

*raises hand*

*raises foot*

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    Bakushan said:

How far will you drive to the Texas Pinball Festival?

I made it the past two years to TPF.
    I'm closer than New Orleans, but per MapQuest it looks to be about 425 miles each way for me from down here in south-central Louisiana to Frisco, TX.

*raises beer*

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

What a great time! I'll be there. Like Marc, I'm hoping that it can find a permanent home in Frisco.

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

438 miles from Corpus Christi. Uphill both ways!

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

Looking forward to meeting a lot of you there!

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

Room is booked! Boo Yah!

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

Has the game list started yet? I think I am bringing Stern Dracula if I can get it fixed up by then.

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

I'll be booking my room soon!

Add the thriving metropolis of Lufkin, TX to the list!

wdpvideo

Pinball master
    1,985,700 2
    7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

I am so glad to see the show move. I like seeing in new places for pinball shows. I am from this area and know it well, but at least I do not have to stare at the same carpet year after year.

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

I spoke with a lady on phone at Embassy Suites - Frisco, TX this morning who was quite helpful.
    She informed the following:
    * TPF is the code for the special pinball event group rate for rooms for that last weekend in March
    * room w/ King bed is approx $119 + tax / night
    * room w/ 2 double beds is approx $129 + tax / night

I did not ask what the cancellation policy is for reserving rooms w/ credit card and/or paying early when booking rooms at this lower discounted pricing.

MLV

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

Definitely going. Somebody remind me in March, ok? Thanks.

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

Thanks for the details Pinball-is-great.

I've booked the room for my wife and I! Get them while you can!

The Hilton reservation woman (through the call center, not in Frisco) said normal cancellation policy applies for this rate.

JoJoBear

Senior pinhead
    306,000 0
    7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

Been lurking for a while, but I live just a jaunt away from stonebriar mall and wanted to share some info.

Frisco is a growing city. It's much less densely packed than over by the Anatole. Expect traffic and navigation to be much calmer by comparison.

Parking at the mall isn't nazi germany like the Anatole, but its always hairy on the weekends. Fortunately it's in abundance, so it's not like you'll never find a spot.

Cheesecake Factory has crazy waits for dinner hours on weekends. Get in for an early or late dinner. It's packed from 6 to 8.

If your into retro console gaming, there's a little shop in the mall and a movie trading company just outside the mall.

For the love of all that is good and holy, avoid the Left Turn of Hell. That is, turning left at the light onto Gaylord Pkwy while facing northward on Preston Rd. The green arrow is very short and everyone tries to get in the mall this way. In fact, just don't turn left into the mall EVER.

Don't feel like you need to eat at the mall. Food is in very high abundance in the shopping center. Stop by mellow mushroom if you are hankering for pizza.

There's a Dave & busters, but who wants to hang out there during TPF? (Let's make D&B a ghost town that weekend).

Feel free to shoot me questions as you plan your trips.

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    JoJoBear said:

Feel free to shoot me questions as you plan your trips.

Last time I was up that way I seem to recall needing a buttload of nickels and dimes to get around. (Two years later they actually mailed me bills for the two tolls I "ran" due to lack of change or an attendant. The postage cost more...) Is it still that way?

7 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

There are no longer toll booths. It's all digital. They bill you in the mail automatically.

It IS possible to drive there 100% off the tollway. It would take 2-3x as long.

7 months, 1 week ago
    #

Rooms are filling up in Frisco for the Texas Pinball Festival in March 2014! Book your room now while they are available!

We’ve worked out a great rate for our guests this year, just like we have every year. Rooms for guests of the 2014 Texas Pinball Festival start at $119.00 per night. Reservations can be made online, or over the phone at 972-712-7600 using the code TPF or requesting the Texas Pinball Festival block.

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/hotel/

7 months, 1 week ago
    #

Can you reserve a room for just Saturday night and still get the rate?

7 months, 1 week ago
    #

1100 miles for me and I'll be there as a vendor, Starship Fantasy.

7 months, 1 week ago
    #
    txstargazer3 said:

Can you reserve a room for just Saturday night and still get the rate?

Yes you can.

7 months, 1 week ago
    #

Looking foward to seeing Starship Fantasy @ the show again. The big box-o-random plastics was awesome.

7 months, 1 week ago
    #
    Frax said:

Looking foward to seeing Starship Fantasy @ the show again. The big box-o-random plastics was awesome.

Agreed, I bought a bunch of the commonly busted one's I've had to hunt for in the past. Even though I don't own any of the games they go one....currently.

7 months, 1 week ago
    #

I am still trying to figure out if we need a classic stern row.??? Maybe not this year ? Maybe a bunch of late 80's Gotties like Gold Wing...

7 months, 1 week ago
    #
    Classic_Stern said:

I am still trying to figure out if we need a classic stern row.??? Maybe not this year ? Maybe a bunch of late 80's Gotties like Gold Wing...

Is that your way of getting people to ask for it?? I'll start: Bill please bring back the classic Stern row, please.

You know people want it, that has never been in question.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple