image-983.jpg
image-381.jpg
image-757.jpg
three_stooges_eye_poke.jpg
20140422_223528.jpg
20131223_235821-353.jpg
Playfield 2-559.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I wanted to start a fresh new thread on this. A friend of mine purchased a beat down T2 at the Allentown show last May 2013. He was ridiculed online for spending his money on a machine in pour condition. I thought about it and wanted a big challenge. The playfield had wear at the lowest banana shaped insert. Some hole wear etc. Jim from Hamden created a thread about the restore of it. I will try and pull it all together here in the next day or so. It was missing a few parts here and there. The cabinet I stripped and gave away for free. I purchased a cabinet at the show. It was a No Fear cabinet faded but in great shape. I power sanded it down, filled and painted. Installed the T2 Chrome Edition decals.

All metal parts on the machine were pulled and I buffed and hand polished just about everything. Pop bumpers are all new except the coils the themselves.

Rebuilt canon motor assembly, and buffed. Moves easily now.
Here is a list of new parts

NOS Translight
Gun Handle Re-chromed
Chrome Lock-bar
Chrome Siderails
Legs and Feet
Jet bumper assembly
Complete Sling Assembly left and right
Pinball Fidelity Speaker kit. HOWEVER it will be running off a 150 watt car amplifier and a separate 12v power supply. Not sure if I will be able to pull it off, but the plan and parts are in place..
Light up speaker grills
Complete Chrome edition kit installed (see pinball dreams)
T2 Skull Eyes and painted teeth Mod
T-1000 unpainted mod
Pinbits light up hunter ship mod
Hunter Ship
All new Star Posts and Double Star Posts
Brushed Aluminum Flipper Bats
Fully rebuilt flippers
Superband flipper rubbers
Cliffy and Superband post protectors
Back Box ribbon cables
Rottendog Driverboard
Rottendog CPU
Rottendog Dot Matrix Controller
Rebuilt KSarcade SoundBoard
Swear Roms via John Wart
Under cabinet LED flasher kit
Target Decals
DMD
Red DMD Filter
Pivot Hinge Sliders: Allows the playfield to slide out as well as pivot
Under playfield slide out supports
Mix of LEDs from Comet Pinball, Pinballlife and Cointaker

#2 10 years ago

Hey Bundy, T-2 is coming out amazing bro and DEFINITELY deserved it's own FS thread. Once the pics go up, it will sell in a heart beat!

This is a top notch restoration here guys. Deal with confidence and then some on this one.

#3 10 years ago

Very nice touch with the pivot hinges. Can't wait to see it.

#4 10 years ago

Here is what it started out as. Someone posted online "I'd pay you 60.00 to piss on it.."
Original.jpgOriginal.jpg

Playfield stripped and ready for Jim's magic
Playfield 1.jpgPlayfield 1.jpg

Playfield finished leveling inserts, holes repaired, and ready for clear coats
Playfield 2-559.jpgPlayfield 2-559.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Cabinet ready for playfield install
20131223_235821-353.jpg20131223_235821-353.jpg

Playfield about 75 percent wired up and tested.
20140422_223528.jpg20140422_223528.jpg

Still got a lot more to do.

#6 10 years ago

Moderator can you move this out of MODS to All pinball or a more appropriate category?

#7 10 years ago

More pictures tomorrow night.

#9 10 years ago

I wouldn't even know where to start. What a project!

Great work in giving it life again.

Thanks
Mike

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

Great work in giving it life again.

T2 Will Be Bak....

#11 10 years ago

I should have taken a picture of the wiring loom and boxes of parts after stripping the cabinet and playfield. It looked like a big ball of dirty christmas tree lights meshed with broken parts, coils and screws..

#12 10 years ago

As for the original cab.. I took it from Eric, used the plumb bob and maybe one or two other small parts for my T2 I had just bought that day from him.

The cab was really shot, drywall screws holding it together, lots of gorilla glue, torn off cab front, security bar holes, messed up decals. I ended up giving it away so someone on NEACF forum looking for a project.

#13 10 years ago

Can't wait to see more pics E. I'll keep an eye out for them tonight.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I'll keep an eye out for them tonight.

three_stooges_eye_poke.jpgthree_stooges_eye_poke.jpg
#15 10 years ago

Okay, this game was super junk! (because i remember it in the flea market myself) AND even I passed!

But...Eric saw the potential because of the wiring harness, and I admire that.

Super sweet T2, I hope I get to play it. Hell, if it's on the floor at Allentown I'm bee lining for it. The other cool thing about it is, a T2 has been saved! and in grand fashion with no expense spared. Marvelous

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Okay, this game was super junk! (because i remember it in the flea market myself) AND even I passed!
But...Eric saw the potential because of the wiring harness, and I admire that.
Super sweet T2, I hope I get to play it. Hell, if it's on the floor at Allentown I'm bee lining for it. The other cool thing about it is, a T2 has been saved! and in grand fashion with no expense spared. Marvelous

Exactly why I wanted to save it Shack. I also picked up the Circus Voltaire and fixed that one up nice. Now for me to rescue another one this year. I'm wondering what I will find..

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

As for the original cab.. I took it from Eric, used the plumb bob and maybe one or two other small parts for my T2 I had just bought that day from him.
The cab was really shot, drywall screws holding it together, lots of gorilla glue, torn off cab front, security bar holes, messed up decals. I ended up giving it away so someone on NEACF forum looking for a project.

That was me. Thanks again.

I stripped a few remaining parts including the head and the head hinges; and gave the body away. That body was ROUGH and I was out of my depth. This WPC head and hinges will make another system11 upgrade project very happy

image-757.jpgimage-757.jpg image-983.jpgimage-983.jpg image-381.jpgimage-381.jpg image-874.jpgimage-874.jpg image-580.jpgimage-580.jpg image-743.jpgimage-743.jpg image-438.jpgimage-438.jpg image-351.jpgimage-351.jpg image-585.jpgimage-585.jpg
#18 10 years ago

Man, that cab was toasted. It's too bad I didn't get my hands on it, it would have made some cool wall art...in fact I probably would have cut out around the art, would have been pretty unique...

#19 10 years ago

Machine is almost done. I have the coindoor installed.
Stainless overlay installed over the coin door.
Installed El Paper behind the T2 on the coindoor.
Wired up the chrome apron
Installed the Flipper Fidelity Speaker system.
Installed LED speaker grills
Finished cleaning and installing the remaining plastics.

Still to do
Clean and install last wireform ramp
Rebuild left flipper, right is done I ran out of rebuild kits
Install undercabinet flasher kit
Install LEDs in inserts
Test, adjust, Test, and Adjust..

#20 10 years ago

20140426_001616.jpg20140426_001616.jpg

20140426_001719.jpg20140426_001719.jpg
#21 10 years ago

Hey,

Could I know where you found the artwork?

Luke

#22 10 years ago

WOWOWOW!!!! Looks AMAZING E!!! Congrats on a fantastic job bro. Cant wait to see and play it. Good luck honing it in and getting it all adjusted.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

20140426_001616.jpg 215 KB

20140426_001719.jpg 232 KB

Quoted from lukerp:

Hey,
Could I know where you found the artwork?
Luke

Pinball-dreams.com or pinballdecals.com

http://www.pinball-dreams.com/index.php?article_id=52&clang=1

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Machine is almost done. I have the coindoor installed.
Stainless overlay installed over the coin door.
Installed El Paper behind the T2 on the coindoor.
Wired up the chrome apron
Installed the Flipper Fidelity Speaker system.
Installed LED speaker grills
Finished cleaning and installing the remaining plastics.
Still to do
Clean and install last wireform ramp
Rebuild left flipper, right is done I ran out of rebuild kits
Install undercabinet flasher kit
Install LEDs in inserts
Test, adjust, Test, and Adjust..

Are you going install EL paper behind the backboard like the coin door to illuminate the famous phrase?

#25 10 years ago

This is really something. Need to see more pics.
Possibly a walk around vid.
Want to see it in dark and in lit room.
-mof

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Are you going install EL paper behind the backboard like the coin door to illuminate the famous phrase?

I'm out of time. If I had more there would be a bunch more things I'd do to it. Think of this as a strong foundation. I will take more pictures and video of it later.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I'm out of time. If I had more there would be a bunch more things I'd do to it. Think of this as a strong foundation. I will take more pictures and video of it later.

What else could you add? Game look amazing bro!

This restore just goes to show you that ANY game can be saved. It also shows the care and quality the E puts into the machines he sells. I had the pleasure of meeting him at his house once and checked out his collection and his work. TOP QUALITY in both areas. Buy any of E's games with confidence.

#28 10 years ago

Mirror Blades are installed.
Under Cabinet lighting kit is almost done..

#29 9 years ago

Monday morning bump!

The blades and Under cab lighting will really make it pop. Great additions bro.

You planning on adding anything else? Do you even have time?

#30 9 years ago

Saw this a few months back...it was looking good then!

Eric, I have a Space Invaders you could rescue....!

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Saw this a few months back...it was looking good then!
Eric, I have a Space Invaders you could rescue....!

Those are a PITA to restore. All ground braid under the cabinet, repinning all the connectors. I'm finishing up repinning my xenon for the show and it takes a LONG time. I really like space invaders though.

#32 9 years ago

It will be in the flea market (minus fleas)

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I'm finishing up repinning my xenon for the show and it takes a LONG time.

Wow, didn't think you'd be able to get it done. Great job bro. It's gorgeous!

#34 9 years ago

I seen that t2 at pinfest brought a tear to my eye. you did one hell of a job on it!!!! joe

#35 9 years ago

Truly amazing. So shiny. I love the pic with the 3 twenties on it and then seeing that it is actually in your house!

#36 9 years ago

I will try and post more pictures tonight. Been busy. I have 10 machines heading down to allentown. packing them up wed night. Lots to get done before then. 2 of the 10 are sold. 6 or 7 will be in freeplay. Terminator 2 will not be in free play but you can stop by and ask to play it. I'm going to try and keep it clean and nice. It will be fore sale down there. I'm also open to trades.

I'm thinking about doing a silent auction on it. I've never done one of those. Any thoughts? Is doing that bad form? I'm into it really deep financially, and looking to recoup my investment and pass along a nice machine to someone else.

#37 9 years ago

What a great project! I was there looking at that husk when some of the comments were being made! You, sir, are a magician!

2 weeks later
#38 9 years ago

I saw this machine at Allentown. T2 machines always look outdated to me--the original speaker cover is what usually gives off that impression.

While there were a number of T2 tables at the show, this one looked the best by far. The LED lighting was top notch and the various mods (speaker cover, apron, coin door) really modernized the look. It really adds new life to this table.

Did you get the speaker cover from pinball-dreams site you linked to, or is it available elsewhere as well?

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I saw this machine at Allentown. T2 machines always look outdated to me--the original speaker cover is what usually gives off that impression.
While there were a number of T2 tables at the show, this one looked the best by far. The LED lighting was top notch and the various mods (speaker cover, apron, coin door) really modernized the look. It really adds new life to this table.
Did you get the speaker cover from pinball-dreams site you linked to, or is it available elsewhere as well?

Thanks yes it all came from pinball-dreams. You can get it separately from pinball decals
http://pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/T2_Page.html

I'm toying with the idea of restoring another one to "Chrome Edition"..

#40 9 years ago

Here's the chrome T2 in its new home. Fantastic machine.

image-673.jpgimage-673.jpg
#41 9 years ago

Looks great miss it, one of my proudest restores

#42 9 years ago

Calling it a restore is an understatement, it was a build from scratch using existing and new parts.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Calling it a restore is an understatement, it was a build from scratch using existing and new parts.

The playfield was a restore for sure. You're accurate on all the rest.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Here's the chrome T2 in its new home. Fantastic machine.

Congrats on buying this.

That T2 came out amazing! Especially when you saw the before pics. WOW! Absolutely beautiful restore and definitely one of the top stars of the show. I'm glad I got a couple plays on it.

Kudos and thumbs up again to Eric on an incredible restore.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 21.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 27.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-restore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.