View topic image gallery

cabpinbaot.png
cabpinbaot.png
DSCN6144.JPG
2013-10-21 20.11.32.jpg
2013-10-21 20.11.22.jpg
2013-10-21 20.11.44.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Tracking down some switch issues on PinBot and I believe that there is an issue with my service switches.
Can someone have a look at these pictures and advise?

2013-10-21 20.11.44.jpg2013-10-21 20.11.44.jpg 2013-10-21 20.11.22.jpg2013-10-21 20.11.22.jpg 2013-10-21 20.11.32.jpg2013-10-21 20.11.32.jpg
#2 10 years ago

I bet someone gets back to you first, but I'll compare to mine when I get home from work if this is not answered.

#3 10 years ago

Switch with diode is different then mine. Mine has both greens to bottom right lug. White wire with non banded side of diode on bottom left lug. Banded side of diode to middle right lug. Middle switch on mine has green on top left lug and white on middle left lug. Last switch looks all right except mine is on the left side . Hope this helps.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks slimmer!

If anyone has any second (or third) opinions please send them my way!

#5 10 years ago

I can take a picture of mine when I get home from work today, but I'm sure others will get to it before that.

#6 10 years ago

Left or right side lugs on the center and right switch doesn't matter as long as you have the wires on the same side. Make sure the diode is good on the left side switch otherwise you can have problems.

DSCN6144.JPGDSCN6144.JPG

viperrwk

#7 10 years ago

Darn, that looks complicated from the angles shot.

Looking for some more pictures if possible or anyone who is handy, sketch it out?

#8 10 years ago

Mine looks like Vipers.
Left switch high score reset
Left bottom white wire w gray bands and non banded end of diode
Right center banded end of diode
Right bottom 2 green w brown bands

Center switch auto/manual
Left top blue
Left center white runs to right switch

Right advance
Left center white runs to center switch and another white
Left bottom green

I think that's it!

Hope this is understandable.

GL

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

Left or right side lugs on the center and right switch doesn't matter as long as you have the wires on the same side. Make sure the diode is good on the left side switch otherwise you can have problems.

viperrwk

DSCN6144.JPG 2 MB

Interesting looking at it a bit more. So you've got a white jumper between two switches?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Mine looks like Vipers.
Left switch high score reset
Left bottom white wire w gray bands and non banded end of diode
Right center banded end of diode
Right bottom 2 green w brown bands
Center switch auto/manual
Left top blue
Left center white runs to right switch
Right advance
Left center white runs to center switch
Left bottom green
I think that's it!
Hope this is understandable.
GL

Yes, that is the backup to viper's picture. Tonight I may break out the iron and have me some fun!

Thanks all, I will report back!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Yes, that is the backup to viper's picture. Tonight I may break out the iron and have me some fun!
Thanks all, I will report back!

I did a quick edit. Dont miss the second white wire on the right switch.

#12 10 years ago

The goal is that when the button is depressed continuity is created between the colored wire and the white wire. Your left button looks kinda goofy with the diode sticking off into space but as long as it is making connection that shouldn't matter. The two green/brown wires, though look like they may not be making connection with each other. If not then they need to both be soldered to the same side or you could run a small jumper wire between the left and right posts like it looks like there is between the middle pair of each switch.

White on the right two is just ground which is why it is jumped from switch to switch. Original wiring probably looks more like the first pic with a long enough jumper it may blend in with the wiring bundle and look like its own wire, but the short jumper like in viper's pic is fine too. The left button is part of the matrix so it needs a diode with band toward the green wire.

#13 10 years ago

All laid out in the cabinet wiring diagram of how it should be:

cabpinbaot.pngcabpinbaot.png
#14 10 years ago

The red circled areas are the service switches, the blue show which wire colors they are.

cabpinbaot.pngcabpinbaot.png
#15 10 years ago

Thanks all. Spent some time last night on it. I had to move one green wire from the left switch so it was on the same lug as the other wire. All good now!

#16 10 years ago

Thanks for posting this...turned out my high score reset was disconnected and missing the diode.

#17 10 years ago

Yep, good to have this info handy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-pinbotsys-11-service-switch-wiring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.