Tech: LOTR LE ring fuse ...

By gweempose

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

My ring fuse recently blew, and my manual is still stapled inside the goodie bag. Can anybody tell me which fuse is the one for the ring? Bear in mind, this is an LE. Also, I have read that it is OK to replace the original fuse with a 5A slow blow in the LE. Is this correct?

#2 11 years ago

I replaced mine with a 4 amp slo blo and it has been going strong for 10 months. It seems that the batch of fuses Stern was using were crap.

#3 11 years ago

Replace it with a 5 amp slo blo fuse...The LE is fine with a 5 amp but the non LE has to be 4 amp.

#4 11 years ago

Thanks, guys! I found the blown fuse. It was rather obvious once I opened up the backbox. I didn't even need to do a continuity test, as the thing was pretty charred inside. I'll swap it out with a 5 amp slo blo tomorrow.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Replace it with a 5 amp slo blo fuse...The LE is fine with a 5 amp but the non LE has to be 4 amp.

Pretty sure everyone has to do this eventually.

#6 11 years ago

Yes, replace with a 5 amp. Mine has been working that way for years.

#7 11 years ago

Sterns decal in the backbox calls for a 3AMP SB, the manual calls for a 4AMP SB, the correct fuse is a 5AMP SB.

#8 11 years ago

I also just put a 5amp in, unfortunately both my balls get get captured by the magnet on DTR still, pissing me off a little now......perhaps I just have sticky balls....

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I also just put a 5amp in, unfortunately both my balls get get captured by the magnet on DTR still, pissing me off a little now......perhaps I just have sticky balls....

You probably have magnetized balls. Change the balls with new completely unused balls and see if that solves the problem.

#10 11 years ago

You might also want to check the version of the software that you have. It may or may not be contributing to your issue. I believe the later version of the software reduces the pulse rate of the magnet. Routed LOTR had a lot of issues with magnets failing because the pulse rate was set to high for a long period of time. Later versions of the software address this.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You probably have magnetized balls. Change the balls with new completely unused balls and see if that solves the problem.

Yes I just changed the balls, filed down rough edges on the 2 end points of the ramp, it does sound like what exflexer says is the problem. What is the latest operating program I should be on?

#12 11 years ago

Popped in a 5 amp slo blo this morning. Good as new!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Hmmm, I'd better stick a 4 amp slo blo in my standard LOTR instead of the 5 amp that's fitted in there now.

TeachP8 blew up the ring magnet transistor on my game last week after his protracted DTR session, maybe that's the reason why... All fixed now, plus I've also just picked up a pair of the uprated flipper coils to fit into the game, as the original ones weakened a lot during long games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 7.50
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.50
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-lotr-le-ring-fuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.