(Topic ID: 86075)

Tech: Centaur won't go into attract mode - flashing zeros (solved!)

By mof

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by wiredoug
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

201403-Cent-no-attract-mode.jpg

#1 10 years ago

The pinball gods have traded me Barracora working for Centaur. =) I'll take the trade, because I trust that I'll find a solution to Centaur quickly!

It's simple. Game has worked fine since purchase and a little aux lamp board issue.

Turned it on yesterday, and played it. Left it on a few hours. Played a few games. Then this happened:

It won't go into attract mode. I just get all "0000000" in all four displays right before I expect it to be ready to go...

Ideas?

I can try some ideas Tuesday night...

-mof

201403-Cent-no-attract-mode.jpg201403-Cent-no-attract-mode.jpg

#2 10 years ago

It's not booting up fully. How flashes are you getting on the MPU LED? Don't count the first little flicker, just full flashes.

#3 10 years ago

Geez...a nice trade for you...congrats! Is it not fully booting? If it boots, the attract mode could simply be turned off in programming...that was an option if memory serves. Would be great to get a book, if you don't have one, as not all the programming info on Ballys are written on the backbox card. The attract mode is very cool...sounds like you know that!

#4 10 years ago

It probably doesn't detect the balls in the trough. It won't fully boot until it recognizes all the balls. Check that right after the flashes on mpu. I would bet its the ball trough, if it was mpu display would show nothing.

#5 10 years ago

flashing zeroes is ball missing error .. check his trough switches .. they are screwy critters at times.

oh .. and barracorra for centaur was hardly a fair trade? you robbed him

#6 9 years ago

flashing 0's = missing ball !
haha, can't wait to run downstairs and fiddle with the switches real quick...
-mof

#7 9 years ago

from memory they have kind of a little press-on cap that holds the wire in place on the switch - make sure its not loose. if you move the ball out of the way you can work the switch and feel it click on / off

#8 9 years ago

Thank you !!!

Easy fix. The crazy part was, I opened up Centaur (totally sober, and partially awake), and saw 4 in the trough, and zero in the chute up to the playfield. I was wondering where did #5 go? Raised the playfield higher up and it popped out up onto the playfield. From where, I shall NEVER know. It rezzed in from some other plane of existence.

Tonight after work, I'll force a few dozen multiballs with glass off, and make sure the ball return is working well and not getting stuck on the way up somehow...

=)

thanks!
-mof

#9 9 years ago

love it when a plan comes together.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-centaur-wont-go-into-attract-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.