(Topic ID: 90259)

Taxi Spin-Out Ramp Sale Date And Pricing Announced!!!

By TwistedPins

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 314 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Tsskinne
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20150125_010.jpg
WP_20150125_007.jpg
201408-twisted-pin-ramp5.jpg
201408-twisted-pin-ramp2.jpg
201408-twisted-pin-ramp1.jpg
IMG_20140725_173834 (Medium).jpg
IMG_3572.JPG
2014-04-21 22.15.38.jpg
2014-07-22 13.58.23.jpg
2014-07-22 13.58.33.jpg
2014-07-22 13.58.28.jpg
2014-07-22 13.58.40.jpg
1996.jpeg
CORVETTE 002.jpg
Taxi Blue Installed #6.JPG
Taxi Blue Installed #5.JPG
There are 314 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 9 years ago

We finally got the samples in this afternoon of the Taxi Spin-Out ramp. We are very pleased that to report that the wait is now over for all Taxi owners who need to replaced their cracked and busted up ramp. Here are a few pics of the 3 samples that they sent me and a short video with one I bolted in to verify that everything bolted up correctly. Take note in the video the ball was plunged with the plunger only at about half way and note how many rotations it makes. This new ramp makes a world of difference!

So when are these going to be available?? Now that I will sign off on the mold they will fit it into their workload. So we are hoping to have them available for sale in 3-4 weeks. Pricing is still being worked on right now.

Also I will have the samples in our booth at PAGG next week for anybody wanting to check them out in person.

Taxi Spin Out 1.JPGTaxi Spin Out 1.JPG Taxi Spin Out 2.JPGTaxi Spin Out 2.JPGTaxi Spin Out 3.JPGTaxi Spin Out 3.JPGTaxi Spin Out 4.JPGTaxi Spin Out 4.JPGTaxi Spin Out 5.JPGTaxi Spin Out 5.JPGTaxi Spin Out 6.JPGTaxi Spin Out 6.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Great!!!

#3 9 years ago

Think I may have to now buy a Taxi

Edit
I don't think I can buy anything from a guy who owns a Disco fever :p

#4 9 years ago

Super Fu**ing awesome!!!!

#5 9 years ago

That is just great.
Remember the fan from Iceland

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I don't think I can buy anything from a guy who owns a Disco fever :p

Are you saying Disco Fever isn't a manly pin?? Actually it is kinda fun with the banana flippers.

#7 9 years ago

Awesome work!

#8 9 years ago

Great work Travis! I can't wait to buy one of these when they're available!

#9 9 years ago

Mark me down for two of these!!!! Alright!!!!!!!!!!!11!!one!!!1!!

As a side note, will the repros be more transparent than the originals? That would be sweet as well...

#10 9 years ago

Where's all the glue?

Mark me down for one!

#11 9 years ago

I am impressed.

#12 9 years ago

Brilliant, I need this.

#14 9 years ago

Did you have the switch installed on your test plunge? I think that really knocks down the balls momentum. Regardless this is super awesome and I definitely will be ordering one. Thanks for making these.

#15 9 years ago

Wow! AWESOME and about time! I hope you make some great money for doing this. You deserve it.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Did you have the switch installed onshorten test plunge? I think that really knocks down the balls momentum. Regardless this is super awesome and I definitely will be ordering one. Thanks for making these.

Good call on that. I noticed it wasn't installed and that would shorten some spins.

#17 9 years ago

My current spin out ramp is almost like new, but I'll buy an extra.

#18 9 years ago

Great news, I will buy one, maybe two, just depends on the price.

#19 9 years ago

Awesome!!!!!!

#20 9 years ago

Travis, Just curious, will the new ramp include the Red Lid at the back ( mine's busted at the screw holes and they are not available )....

#21 9 years ago

Put me down for one......

#23 9 years ago

I will be getting one of these. IMO this is a great business move on your part.

#24 9 years ago

I think I am going to cry!

#25 9 years ago

Mine's repaired and working, but these are sooooo pretty!

#26 9 years ago

We should have a busted spinout ramp contest.

#27 9 years ago

There are going to be a lot of awesome looking Taxi machines around, with all the work done on the playfields, back glass, and plastics, no reason not to have a minty machine.

#28 9 years ago

very cool....great to see these things come to market!-- congrats!

#29 9 years ago

Thank you for your efforts, nice to see this part being made. Lots of need for it. Are you making the deflector ramp that goes on top of the bowl area as well? Often broken or missing all together.

#30 9 years ago

Stoked, can't wait for the final pricing!! This is the last piece of plastic I need for my Taxi.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from yotaxi125:

As a side note, will the repros be more transparent than the originals? That would be sweet as well...

The opacitiy of the ramp will be close to the original. But there will be some more surprises with the ramp that we aren't going to talk about till release day!!

Quoted from practicalsteve:

Have you settled on a price yet?

We haven't figured out that number quite yet. It will be in line with other ramps available though. The cost to build this mold was some serious $$$ and we aren't going to try to recoup that all at once. We will amortize the cost of the mold across 200-300 ramps which allows us to keep the cost lower and that allows everybody to upgrade their busted or cracked ramp.

Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Did you have the switch installed on your test plunge? I think that really knocks down the balls momentum..

No I didn't have the switch in when I took the video. At that point I was just so happy to finally get the ramp in my hand and have it bolt right in with no issues. I did get the switch in last night and it did slow it down some but not much.

Quoted from Stu:

Travis, Just curious, will the new ramp include the Red Lid at the back ( mine's busted at the screw holes and they are not available )....

This isn't something I had really thought about. If there is enough people that need it then I will look into it for sure.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

We should have a busted spinout ramp contest.

I'll go first
2012-02-26 13.26.03-395.jpg2012-02-26 13.26.03-395.jpg

Quoted from TwistedPins:

Also I will have the samples in our booth at PAGG next week for anybody wanting to check them out in person.

These look great and i cant wait to see them in person .

#33 9 years ago

HaHa! I think you win. I've been dreading touching mine as I'm real good at breaking 20+ year old ramps. Can't wait to buy one of these.

Chris

#34 9 years ago

Everyone with a Taxi will want to get one of these.

#35 9 years ago

totally busted spinout, and almost completely melted ramps!

I also have a busted upper plastic in my spinout... it's patched with fiberglass. looks hideous if you get your nose in there.

#36 9 years ago

I want one.

#37 9 years ago

Ramp looks nice! I'll take one if the price is right.

1 week later
#38 9 years ago

Saw the samples at PAGG first-hand this weekend! They are glorious!!! Can't wait to get mine.

#39 9 years ago

I could definitely use one. Mine's has a few cracks, but I repaired them before they got out of hand.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Ramp looks nice! I'll take one if the price is right.

And if the price is wrong what than?? This isn't the TV show where you name your price and hope to win a NEW RAMPPPPPPP. If you need one price won't matter....and if it does than you don't get one bc they won't last long.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Saw the samples at PAGG first-hand this weekend! They are glorious!!! Can't wait to get mine.

I will second this, they looked beautiful, and felt SOLID. The guy from twisted pins told me a price which I wont say on here in case he doesn't want it out yet, but I will say its right on the money and very reasonable.

#42 9 years ago

(Daffy duck voice) Drool, drool.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

And if the price is wrong what than?? This isn't the TV show where you name your price and hope to win a NEW RAMPPPPPPP. If you need one price won't matter....and if it does than you don't get one bc they won't last long.

If the price is wrong, I'll pass as well. I have a repaired spinout that works great. Nobody can see the repair because of the top plastic, they simply plunge and they score. If you can't repair it properly, which is most of the goofy patches and tape that I have seen, or it simply doesn't work well - then I guess you'll need to pay whatever price it is. The plastics don't make the game, but they do have to function. It's nice to have something that looks great I have to draw a line in the sand at what I am going to pay.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

If the price is wrong, I'll pass as well. I have a repaired spinout that works great. Nobody can see the repair because of the top plastic, they simply plunge and they score. If you can't repair it properly, which is most of the goofy patches and tape that I have seen, or it simply doesn't work well - then I guess you'll need to pay whatever price it is. The plastics don't make the game, but they do have to function. It's nice to have something that looks great I have to draw a line in the sand at what I am going to pay.

Understood. You don't need one. But there is no reason to even reply on the OP's thread about "I'll take one if the price is right"?? I mean who cares...the OP isn't going to jump to attention and start changing prices bc a couple of members on here have price issues. Wait for the product to see it's price and than determine it's value for you as a customer.....we don't need to know "if it's not to your liking (the cost) than you won't buy it".

#46 9 years ago

Wait for the product to see it's price and than determine it's value for you as a customer.

I'll give you that, we really don't know what the cost is going to be yet. It's a discussion thread, so I discussed my perspective as a "possible buyer" and my reasoning behind it.

#47 9 years ago

Understood. You don't need one. But there is no reason to even reply on the OP's thread about "I'll take one if the price is right"?? I mean who cares...the OP isn't going to jump to attention and start changing prices bc a couple of members on here have price issues. Wait for the product to see it's price and than determine it's value for you as a customer.....we don't need to know "if it's not to your liking (the cost) than you won't buy it".

True, but the same could be said about half the noise around here.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

the tool needs better polish

I disagree. I work in interior plastics in the automotive industry, and to polish the tool (and KEEP it polished) in order to produce a higher gloss than that is shown in these samples would be ridiculously expensive & unnecessary.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

the tool needs better polish

Not sure how you came to this conclusion?? The samples actually have better clarity than the NOS ramp I compared it to.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

Not sure how you came to this conclusion?? The samples actually have better clarity than the NOS ramp I compared it to.

And....it's freakin RED...who cares...

There are 314 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-spin-out-ramp-reproductions-samples-are-in and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.