You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2.jpg
7.jpg
2011-11-22190627.jpg
2011-11-22162946.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I have pre-ordered a WOZ and needed to sell my TSPP to make some cash to pay the final payment.

However 2 days after I sold it a TAFG came up for sale about 30miles from my house. I put in a cheeky bid for much less than I thought it would go for but it was badly advertised on ebay and as such didn't get anywhere near as much interest as it should have. Long story short I won it for only a few hundred pounds more than I had sold the TSPP for!

Guess I'll have to get some extra shifts in at work to pay for WOZ!

It's in lovely condition, playfield is mint and the cabinet is near perfect apart from a chip on the corner of the backbox that has been filled in.

It had a couple of faults when I got it home (needed a new bridge rectifier and a couple of switch adjustments) but now it's 100%

2011-11-22162946.jpg2011-11-22162946.jpg 2011-11-22190627.jpg2011-11-22190627.jpg 7.jpg7.jpg 2.jpg2.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Look's Good !! Sometimes You Gotta do , What ya gotta do !!! Pinhead's are 1 of a kind

#3 12 years ago

nice find.

#4 12 years ago

The beauty of auctions......sometimes you do get lucky

#5 12 years ago

Nice~! I didn't even know TAF had a limited edition.

#6 12 years ago

Looks nice. I have a reg taf and have gold roms that I have never installed. What do you think of the gold roms? Have you played
A regular taf?

#7 12 years ago

Nice! Congrats.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Looks nice. I have a reg taf and have gold roms that I have never installed. What do you think of the gold roms? Have you played
A regular taf?

Yeah I used to own a regular TAF. There's not much difference. A few extra quotes and a couple of big bonuses when you are awarded certain rooms in the mansion

#10 12 years ago

People say the gold Cousin Itt Hideout awards ruin the balanced scoring system. I would agree. A few thousand points away from a replay and you need that last bear kick. You're geared up to make the shot and out of nowhere comes a Cousin Itt Hideout award, and you get the replay anyway. That's the problem. You didn't do anything to earn those points. It takes the fun out of the game.

#11 12 years ago

I've seen arguments both ways. Some really like the gold ROMs, while others clearly don't.

#12 12 years ago

Looks great!! Haven't played Addams yet but I see why you would have bid on it!

#13 12 years ago

Looks great congrats!! Sounds like you got it for a good price which makes it even sweeter.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

A regular taf?

Gold roms make the game a LOT easier. the extra quotes and animations are good.
The original playfield looks better though. imo

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

A regular taf?

I am fortunate enough to have a restored Addams Family, seems to be everybody's favorite game when people come by, just a great game for all. I played it for a while with the standard roms and then added the gold ones. I actually like the gold roms better myself. The game play is pretty much the same. The cousin It's hideout random point award doesn't seem to matter much to me especially in the home environment. There are more sounds and quotes which is very cool. Wednesday's and Puglesy's trap door is neat, it moves you from room to room in the mansion and I believe super Seance is added as well along with the standard seance.

In the end why not just put them in see if you like em, if not you can always go back to the originals.

J69, sorry forgot the post. Your gonna love the game! It looks fantastic. Congratulations.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

A regular taf?

Mine has the gold roms in it and I like it much better than the original. As others have stated, I like the extra graphics and cousin it works for me. Welcome to come over and play first on mine.

Quoted from j69:

Long story short I won it for only a few hundred pounds more than I had sold the TSPP for!

Congrats on the AFG!! Nice move on picking it up - looks to be in terrific shape!! Enjoy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

30,000 (OBO)
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,159.00
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

16,000 (OBO)
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tafg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.