Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Dommer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I picked up a T2 about a week ago that was local. Not one of my wishlist games but it seemed like it would be fun to have and work with. I cleaned it up and put LED's in. Now that I have it just about up and running a Judge Dredd is now available, also local. I remember liking that a lot when I played it at shows.I would almost call it a wish list game. Money-wise it would be almost an even deal. Should I hang on to the T2 or will it get old quickly and I should bail now? Also take a look at what I have now, is Dredd a repeat of a game layout I have now and I should keep T2 for the different type of layout?

#2 10 years ago

JD has 5x the amount of stuff going on that T2 has. For the same price or close to, I would get a JD all day long. T2 is okay, but I like something with much more depth for a home environment.

#3 10 years ago

Some much more to JD than T2 period.

#4 10 years ago

T2 sucks. It is boring. Skull shot over and over. JD is 100x better game.

#5 10 years ago

JD is an awesome game with a great theme and lots of modes. I loved mine when I had it. I say T2 is a good game too and it appeals to non pinheads more so than JD.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

JD is an awesome game with a great theme and lots of modes. I loved mine when I had it. I say T2 is a good game too and it appeals to non pinheads more so than JD.

My wife is liking the T2 and doesn't understand why I would sell it so soon. She liked no fear also and I see the similarity. No fear didn't do it for me but I like the T2 better. I felt guilty when I traded NF away but she really doesn't play that much.

#7 10 years ago

Get JD end of line

#8 10 years ago

T2 is kind of a 1 trick pony, but its intensity and difficulty make it worth it.

T2, easy to learn, tough to master.

In the first month I had T2 I thought "man, this is getting old already, wtf"....but im almost a year in now and I dont think I will be getting rid of it soon. It just has a feel to it that I really dig, and it gets my blood going trying for that super jackpot.

JD is cool, but I dont think I would compare it to T2.

#9 10 years ago

A few of things to consider and they are all based on my opinion.
T2 is a very fun and easy to approach pin but it is limited in depth.
JD is deeper but not as easy for a non pinhead to understand.
T2 has the nostalgia and easy game play that attracts people to it like moths to a flame.
JD is a game for pinheads and comic book nerds.
You will "finish" all of the possible shots and goals on T2 within a month if you play it regularly.
You might not "finish" all of the shots on JD by the end of the first year.
T2 - the sound is meh other than having Arnie do all of the call outs.
JD - the sound is pretty cool.

Final thoughts: If you can get past the lack of depth I think T2 is a great game to get people into pinball. It's a bunch of fun and easy to explain what to do. If your wife likes it and will play it I say keep it. If however you are the type who needs new goals to keep shooting for other than beating your own HS then JD would probably be a good trade especially if the price is close. I have a T2 and I would have a hard time letting it go but JD would be a title that would make me consider it. Good luck with your decision. Both of them are totally rad.

#10 10 years ago

I have both and find T2 the more challenging game but I really enjoy the dark comedy and many modes/challenges on JD. Sorry, but that's probably no help with your decision. I don't think that I'll be getting rid of either machine any time soon.

#11 10 years ago

Where is O-din when you need his opinion of JD?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Where is O-din when you need his opinion of JD?

Judge Dredd is only a $1400.00 pin folks!

#13 10 years ago

JD. T2 gets old fast.

#14 10 years ago

Judge Dredd for sure, it is a great game, T2 is Ok for a large collection but not too deep.

#15 10 years ago

JD for sure. Way more toys. Had T2 and sold it in 45 days. Gets boring like others stated. Also had No fear and that one lasted 3 months. No Fear is ramps only and no pops. Really 1 trick pony. Gets boring.

#16 10 years ago

T2 gets old quick, and JD sucks. JD was my shortest ownership of a pin. A few weeks after buying it I realized I just hated the game. Normally I'd give a game a bit of a cooling off period at that point to reevaluate the game, not that one. I decided on a Friday night and Saturday afternoon it was sold. I was happy to see it go.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I decided on a Friday night and Saturday afternoon it was sold

It sold so fast because it's awesome!

#18 10 years ago

Thx for the opinions..I'm surprised it was that overwhelming JD. I'm going to pull the trigger & go for JD. I played T2 a bunch tonight & I can see exactly what is being said here. Fun but I can see me finishing it fast. I do like to have a popcorn game that non-pinheads like but at the end of the day it's mostly me playing & I'm sure there is casual appeal in JD also...

#19 10 years ago

Why not both?

#20 10 years ago

I would like to stay married...She has been very understanding with me since I have gone off the deep end of the hobby & that's about where the line is now...

#21 10 years ago

JD all day, every day. i just had a chance at one, but a TZ within my price range came up. if that was not on the table, i would have grabbed the JD. love the theme and flow. considering the license, it's amazing it was even made.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-or-judge-dredd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.